• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Those Dirty Dogs lost

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I was rooting for the Dawgs, because I wanted the Gators to be the ones that smashed their dreams. Some pundits picked them to unseat Bama. Now, I am happy they lost. If Florida can beat USCe and UGly, who knows what could happen?

NaffGutts

Gator Fan
I'm glad they loss, this means they will take South Carolina @ home with something to prove. Hopefully thumping the Gamecocks early in the season too. The EAST would be ours for the taking, and a shot @ a most likely undefeated and top ranked WEST team.

Just from a motivation stand point this could be a factor that could favor the Gators. We have everything going for us.
Combine that with a win @ Miami and you'd have a Florida team that is in control of it's own destiny EARLY. Then we'll go into a BYE week before we open up SEC play and the meat of our schedule.

That's an itinerary for Atlanta^

robdog

Gator Fan
I would be curious to see the outcome if the Dogs were the home team...

Either way, awesome game...

Oh, and did I mention I am pumped college football is back!!!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Hope Clowney has his A game against UGA. Also UGA lost WR Malcolm Mitchell due to an injury. HE GOT HURT CELEBRATING A TOUCHDOWN.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With everything happening on the injury/suspension/getting-guys-back front, this Miami game shapes up as a "big deal early" confrontation--like in the old days when we used to annually OPEN with them...I wish I was more confident than I am right now going into the week. Our D looks like it could chew steel and spit nails already and likely will only get better, though, so if that offense (that looked fluid and efficient at times--then sloppy, choppy and shooting itself in the foot at others, 'specially in the 2nd half) shows up in more steady and complete form, maybe that's not just a win but a fairly easy one after all--and if THAT turns out to be the case, LOOK OUT: This team could be a freight train rollin' downhill by October...
As for the rest of the SEC, well, some represented themselves outside the conference better than others--and in UGA's case, well, yeah, great game (entertaining, anyway) on the road against a formidable and highly ranked opponent, but considering their own claims and expectations AND the media's anointing them "The East team likeliest to meet and BEAT the Tide in Atlanta", well, not exactly SEC-quality D being played by a team who everyone KNEW had an offense going in...Now SC(e) has the next-in-line spotlight swinging their way--and that's just FINE: Keep it off of us long as possible, let our young squad grow up together (hopefully with a big chip on their collective shoulder, too!) in the meantime, and maybe things fall nicely into place as the season unfolds...
(Not that we don't continue to have our own drama and drawbacks to deal with: That "suspension for 6 games" BS is just another "Let's arbitrarily f*ck w/ the Gators in unfair fashion" courtesy of the NCAA--and just like that we lose a piece of our "rotation of fresh talent in on defense"-plan in VERY dubious fashion--in a virtually unprecedented way they punish our team, and in particular one excited and hard-playing young man who clearly WASN'T "Headhunting", FOR MORE THAN HALF THE SEASON! When are "we"--and here I mean the let's say 64 or so "Major Football Colleges" that will soon comprise the new "Separate Group of Powers" that will play for their own--actually "OUR OWN" National Championship in the post-BCS Era about to dawn--going to either buy off the NCAA to leave us alone for a few "points off the top" on merchandise sales, or maybe even just throw them off entirely?!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema