• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The running game looked great

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
What did you think of the Gator running game vs. Charleston Southern? Demps still looks blazing fast. Rainey showed what he can do and Moody pounded the Bucs in the second half.

Demps - 5 carries for 89 yards, 2 touchdowns
Moody - 9 carries for 86 yards
Rainey - 1 carry for 76 yards, 1 touchdown

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Demps definintely earned a game ball for the number of rushes/yards and his two TD's.

As far as Moody goes, I see him being used as more of a power running back this season, especially when we need yardage on downs.

Rainey should get more touches; I loved the way he evaded those tackes on his TD run and that little Fosbury-flop move at the end zone to get him in for the TD!

Swampman

VIP Member
I like the way Meyer is using our backs. Of course I'd like to see Rainey get more touches too - and i think he will once we get into the meaty part of the schedule.

I agree that Moody will be brought in to be the bruiser at the end of the game. He always gains positive yards and eats up the clock.

KYGATOR

Gator Fan
Lets forget the RB's people, I could have ran through some of those holes. Not to take anything away from Demps Moody or Rainey they all ran hard made great moves and got the job done, but the O LINE was AWESOME. Way to go hogs up front!

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
I think this group of 3 is solid. I agree that Moody will be used more towards the end of games and as our power back considering how tiny Demps and Rainey are.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I gotta have more Moody!
Been waiting for the Moody express, this could finally be it!
While Moody's more powerful running style might differ a bit from the home-run threats of Demps and Rainey, new offensive coordinator Steve Addazio likes his group of running backs.
"I think we have three starting tailbacks here," Addazio said. "I think they are all terrific. I think we have a diverse running game, they're all pretty dynamic."
The coach also sees Moody as a big-play threat similar to Demps and Rainey.
"We have three home-run guys. Moody really is a home-run guy too," Addazio said. "I think Moody is a real talented player, I really do."
Moody helped Florida pile up 369 rushing yards on Saturday. Eight different players carried the football, as the Gators totaled the most rushing yards in a season-opening game in school history. The previous record was 300 yards against Montana State to begin the 1988 season.
More HERE..

Tigers1996

Gator Fan
Remember who the opponent was. Let's see that performance against an SEC opponent then I will be happy. I have no doubt they can do it but let's not get overblown about this game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema