• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Play Calling was not the problem tonight

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I think it is apparent that our players are not ready for prime time. I do not blame the loss on play calling tonight.

deansouthpaw

Gator Fan
Wow. 110% disagree. I agree we are young and very mistake prone. BUT we should still be competing to be a top 10 team. Burton is a QB many schools could only dream of having. Me and my roommate couldn't BELIEVE how bad our play calling was.

What the h e double hockey stick is up with that Brantley option??? IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!

are you kidding? JB was in there in burton situations, all we did was 4 and 9 yd passes, we never went deep, even when we're down theres tons with the play calling my friend

but JB does fall under this tho imo he isnt a leader at all, looks like he's nervous out there and he sucks at scrambling so we never run a bootleg to hines or a RB or TE(or the coaches suck)and get the easy first or TD

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
It is very apparent to me that Brantley is afraid. Too much time on the bench and not in the game.

Burton cannot pass, he is a run threat only.

Our receivers can't catch.

Our running backs fumble to do not hit the hole.

Our offensive line can't block.

Our defensive line cannot tackle.

Our linebackers over pursuit and get taken out of plays.

Our Defensive backs are running around in circle looking for recievers.

Yes, this is up to the coaches to teach these kids but it is also that they are YOUNG.

I am starting to think our players have been spoiled by the success of the past 3 years. Just because they are the Florida Gators does not mean you are guaranteed to win and that other teams are just going to fold.

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
are you kidding? JB was in there in burton situations, all we did was 4 and 9 yd passes, we never went deep, even when we're down theres tons with the play calling my friend

but JB does fall under this tho imo he isnt a leader at all, looks like he's nervous out there and he sucks at scrambling so we never run a bootleg to hines or a RB or TE(or the coaches suck)and get the easy first or TD

If you really watch Brantley, he looks down field for a second and then its to the safe receiver. This is not because the coaches are calling him to do so, he is making these choices. It does not help that he is under pressure nearly on every play.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Exactly! Not one deep pass. Unbelievable. Watch, though--Meyer will somehow hint or otherwise let it be known that it was because of Brantley's rib injuries. He's down to making excuses, never his way in the past--and so far he gets to play it both ways.
He's gotten a pass from the majority of Gator fans until now, but that may finally begin to erode with the losses. Playing to "the mob" is a two-edged blade--watch it don't take your head, Urban!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
To Jack&Dew: as already pointed out, it IS the play-calling that CONTINUES to be the problem. And I don't blame the players for most of the problems you list. They ARE unprepared; that's the coaches' reponsibility. They are young, yes, but they have talent and are being mis-used.
This could have and SHOULD have been an entertainingly successful transitional season, during which our new group of talented young speed-burners and pounding play-makers worked to perfect a re-tuned offense led by our "pure pocket passer", a heralded young defense re-established itself, and they all came together in forming a championship-caliber TEAM going into 2011.
This coaching staff BLEW IT. If we don't make BIG changes and give a fresh one a chance, this won't be the worst of it; we'll be in deterioration, turmoil and finall rebuild-mode over the next SEVERAL years. Yes, YEARS.

The Zooker

VIP Member
The players did have execution issues but there were very many questionable calls from Addazio. Brantley does not need to be running the option. He will get injured and we will have no passing quarterback on the roster. The screens need to stop. They just don't work in the SEC. But most importantly, Addazio needs to call plays that will allow Brantley to get into a rhythm. When Brantley is in the zone he can fire the ball downfield. But when you keep f'ing with his momentum by using him improperly or calling bad plays then he will lose that rhythm and look crappy. Let's not forget that we went scoreless in the first half. If the defense is blitzing like crazy then you have to start passing over them. But Addazio only let that happen for one series and then reverted back to other schemes.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
It is the coaching 100%. Remember they are there to coach the young ones get them ready for game day. I have yet to see one freaking game this year in which they have looked ready to play as a whole. We have zero team leadership. Pouncey is a disgrace as a leader as well as Brantley. They only one who shows any heart is Burton and hes a true freshman. I go back to Pounceys dumb ass calling out the freshman class. Well his sorry ass has yet to play a halfway decent game. He has been missing blocks all year and hes supposed to be some kind of sec all american what a joke. That whole offensive coaching staff is a joke right down to the poor receiver coach we brought in although I give him a little credit I did see him jump around some in the game. Addazzio walked around with the dumb confused look all game. Meyer had a smirk that made me wanna punch through my television. Our whole offensive line needs a kick in the butt too bad Addazio is trying to figure out how to turn the page on a boring play book. He has failed us as a offensive coordinator and a offensive line coach. In my opinion he needs to be demoted down to equipment manager or hell make him mow the grass in the swamp. Dont have too many good things to say about our defense they looked horrible. Why does trattou and lemmens still start. Then I see Powell lined up as a line backer. We have trouble getting any kind of pressure on a qb unless we blitz a safety or corner yet we play the not so gifted Lemmens and trattou this is the best we have to offer gator fans. There is nothing Meyer can say to me know other then " I'm firing the whole offense staff" that would make me feel better at this point. Oh yea one more thing bench Pouncy and maybe that will tech his ass how to give a 100% effort game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema