• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Good News: Next Year

The Zooker

VIP Member
Alabama loses McElroy, Ingram, Julio, and Dareus. But they do keep Hightower and Richardson. The really good news is that they don't have any half decent QB in the stable behind McElroy. They will rely ENTIRELY on Richardson to win. Florida on the other hand really doesn't lose anybody that's all that important other than Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins and the O line. Our D-line will lose some depth on the inside, that may hurt. But we have a stable of young freaks to pick it up. As much as the coaching staff loves Trattou and Lemmens they really aren't athletically gifted enough to be difference makers on the field so we won't really miss them on the ends. Just their leadership. We will lose our outside linebackers but we will keep Bostic inside and have Jelani on the outside. The other position will be inexperienced but the other two should make up for it. The secondary will lose Janoris and Ahmad but our stable is deep there. We have guys that can step in and play. Hopefully Will Hill will mature and step up as a leader and stop making stupid mistakes on the field that ruin his other great plays. Offensively Brantley will be back and hopefully he will have grown a set of marbles by then. Our running back situation will be improved because we won't waste any carries on Moody. Gillislee will get more hard yardage action. We lose Moore but that's not a big deal we have a good WR stable. If Brantley can put the ball on their numbers then they will catch it. Debose will have learned the playbook by then. But now the potentially bad news. Offensive line. It has the talent to be good but also has the potential to be mediocre. For the lineup I'm thinking (in order, left to right):

Patchan Wilson Robey Halapio Nixon

But of course Patchan will get injured. Nixon will move to the left side and Silberman will step in at right tackle. What do you guys think about next season?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Alabama loses McElroy, Ingram, Julio, and Dareus. But they do keep Hightower and Richardson. The really good news is that they don't have any half decent QB in the stable behind McElroy. They will rely ENTIRELY on Richardson to win. Florida on the other hand really doesn't lose anybody that's all that important other than Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins and the O line. Our D-line will lose some depth on the inside, that may hurt. But we have a stable of young freaks to pick it up. As much as the coaching staff loves Trattou and Lemmens they really aren't athletically gifted enough to be difference makers on the field so we won't really miss them on the ends. Just their leadership. We will lose our outside linebackers but we will keep Bostic inside and have Jelani on the outside. The other position will be inexperienced but the other two should make up for it. The secondary will lose Janoris and Ahmad but our stable is deep there. We have guys that can step in and play. Hopefully Will Hill will mature and step up as a leader and stop making stupid mistakes on the field that ruin his other great plays. Offensively Brantley will be back and hopefully he will have grown a set of marbles by then. Our running back situation will be improved because we won't waste any carries on Moody. Gillislee will get more hard yardage action. We lose Moore but that's not a big deal we have a good WR stable. If Brantley can put the ball on their numbers then they will catch it. Debose will have learned the playbook by then. But now the potentially bad news. Offensive line. It has the talent to be good but also has the potential to be mediocre. For the lineup I'm thinking (in order, left to right):

Patchan Wilson Robey Halapio Nixon

But of course Patchan will get injured. Nixon will move to the left side and Silberman will step in at right tackle. What do you guys think about next season?

If history repeats itself, we should be stronger and better next season. All these silly "fire the coaches" rants are just that - silly. With more experience and more maturity, this team will improve and be much tighter - there will be more of a sense of trust and a much tighter sense of unity

The Zooker

VIP Member
I don't think anybody needs to be fired. Some duties just need to be shuffled around. We have a solid coaching staff.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Yet, you admit you're on the "Fire Addazio" bandwagon. I am very direct, but I need to call you on this statement.

Fire him from that position, not from the staff altogether. Fire, demote, reassign, however you want to put it. I just don't want to see him as the OC anymore. I tried hard to blame it all on the kids but his playcalling today just wasn't up to par with Florida standards. The most embarrassing aspect is that he learned absolutely nothing from the loss to Alabama last year. He learned absolutely nothing from the close game Bama had against Arkansas. He made the exact same mistakes and did not adjust. Coaches can have mulligans. But they can't have repeat mulligans over and over. That signifies a lack of coaching ability.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Fire him from that position, not from the staff altogether. Fire, demote, reassign, however you want to put it. I just don't want to see him as the OC anymore. I tried hard to blame it all on the kids but his playcalling today just wasn't up to par with Florida standards. The most embarrassing aspect is that he learned absolutely nothing from the loss to Alabama last year. He learned absolutely nothing from the close game Bama had against Arkansas. He made the exact same mistakes and did not adjust. Coaches can have mulligans. But they can't have repeat mulligans over and over. That signifies a lack of coaching ability.

Who do you think can do a better job as OC?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I'm a Floridian stationed in Texas--it's not "just football". This is pride.

I agree that Addazzio should be shuffled, but not fired. I heard that Loeffler made great calls against Cincinnati. What happened there? Promote Loeffler, or give him more input unless we are purposely saving our 2-page playbook for later.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm a Floridian stationed in Texas--it's not "just football". This is pride.

I agree that Addazzio should be shuffled, but not fired. I heard that Loeffler made great calls against Cincinnati. What happened there? Promote Loeffler, or give him more input unless we are purposely saving our 2-page playbook for later.

I don't remember it being publicly discussed but it seemed to be a little bit of a "punishment" for how Addazio called plays against Alabama. He was kept as the coordinator for offense but Loeffler was given the duty of calling the actual plays. But when this season came around, Addazio regained full control of playcalling. After some questionable games this season, Meyer has stated that he would like to see more input from Loeffler but nothing ever came from it. Addazio has still been in charge of calling the plays. I do notice that the second half playcalling always seems a little better. No doubt that is because Meyer is letting Addazio know what is up during half time. But Addazio will still regress in the second half and call for the Dive when he gets nervous and doesn't really know what to call.

ShortBus

VIP Member
.... But Addazio will still regress in the second half and call for the Dive when he gets nervous and doesn't really know what to call.

"so coach it's 3rd and 10 what play do u want to run?" "dive up the middle" "uhh it's 3rd and 10 and it didn't work the previous two downs..." "ohh ok yeah. uhh lets try a sweep with moody, our biggest slowest back"

Escambia94

I don't remember it being publicly discussed but it seemed to be a little bit of a "punishment" for how Addazio called plays against Alabama. He was kept as the coordinator for offense but Loeffler was given the duty of calling the actual plays. But when this season came around, Addazio regained full control of playcalling. After some questionable games this season, Meyer has stated that he would like to see more input from Loeffler but nothing ever came from it. Addazio has still been in charge of calling the plays. I do notice that the second half playcalling always seems a little better. No doubt that is because Meyer is letting Addazio know what is up during half time. But Addazio will still regress in the second half and call for the Dive when he gets nervous and doesn't really know what to call.

I'm struggling with understanding this. Urban Meyer is the HEAD COACH, and he does not have more control over who calls HIS plays supposedly taken from HIS playbook?! What am I missing here? Does Urb need to grow some cajones and tell Addazzio "I'm the head coach, mother ****er! Stop with the ****ing dive play already!"?

Earlier in the year, and even parts of last year I stated that there is something going on in the locker room or on the sidelines. I cannot imagine Urban Meyer not having more control over his own team.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I'm struggling with understanding this. Urban Meyer is the HEAD COACH, and he does not have more control over who calls HIS plays supposedly taken from HIS playbook?! What am I missing here? Does Urb need to grow some cajones and tell Addazzio "I'm the head coach, mother ****er! Stop with the ****ing dive play already!"?

Earlier in the year, and even parts of last year I stated that there is something going on in the locker room or on the sidelines. I cannot imagine Urban Meyer not having more control over his own team.

Urban Meyer brought the spread offense to UF but he's never been the playcaller. He's always let the offensive coordinator call the plays except for when Addazio was being "punished" and Loeffler called the plays for the Sugar Bowl. Meyer has input on the offensive game plan coming into the game but once the game starts the only playcalling he will do is on fourth downs where he will decide whether to kick, fake a kick, or go for it. After that it's back to the offensive coordinator. Meyer will discuss things with his coordinator during the half and you will see obvious adjustments made (Brantley's passing attack in the second) but even when Addazio is directed on what changes need to be made he can't put together a truly good series without reverting to his comfort plays. Maybe it is time for Meyer to take more control of the offense but that's going against his stated goal of letting his assistants have more control of their units. Meyer either needs to break that promise or declare a new offensive coordinator.

Escambia94

Thanks for clearing that up, Zooker. I actually did not know it worked that way. I pictured Urban Meyer having more control than that. So, let's punish Addazzio again! Loeffler, you can choose any play on pages 2-3 of the playbook as long as it's not a variant of the dive. The playbook does have that many pages, right? It's hard to tell nowadays.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I always lol a little when Meyer says guys like Debose and Mack Brown aren't getting playing time because they are having a hard time learning the playbook. They must be borderline retarded.

Escambia94

I always lol a little when Meyer says guys like Debose and Mack Brown aren't getting playing time because they are having a hard time learning the playbook. They must be borderline retarded.

It's actually quite insulting if you think about it. "Dude, Debose is too dumb to learn both post-it notes that we refer to as 'The Playbook'. LOL." Unfortunately, if you want to build a championship team you have to recruit borderline retards. Unless you are Alabama. That QB is a Rhodes Scholar!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema