• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow tied with Bradford

Ive seen tebows numbers, watched him a few times this year. Of course his numbers arent as good as Bradfords or McCoys. I know Tebow has good numbers, i'm not saying he doesnt. And he's one hell of a college football player. I think Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy all deserve it. I wont complain if any one of those 3 win it.

Its a nice award to get, but i'm all about that ring!

Well I think people have realized Tebow is the best leader, hand downs, and they seen he took the 4th quarter and made it what he wanted and that was led the offense, get in the face of your defense (Brandon Spikes), and even on the next kickoff, he ran from the opposite part of the sideline to the kickoff coverage team.. Tell me which 3 of those Qbs did that? McCoy just stood their in shock as soon a Texas Tech fielded the ball so no leadership their, Harrell and Bradford... no comment.

I guess their were reports that Tebow went to midfield during a TV timeout and pumped up the crowd.

Thats great Tebow can provide that for his team. I dont downplay that at all. It takes all kinds of qb's to make college football go around. Not everyone can be a Tebow or Bradford. While I'm all for all the unity a team can get, I do think this is getting out of hand with the sideline presence thing. I mean, are they going to start considering the qb with the most team spirit now? If thats the case, it could change recruiting. "sure you have a great arm, mobility, vision, but you just dont cheer hard enough for the defense for us".

Just playin devils advocate here. I'm all for a qb thats emotional and can lead like Tebow does. I just dont think it should be considered for a trophy. Football is about football IMO.

The leadership is not a thing effects only Tebow, hence the reason why it makes every players better around Tebow and the team becomes more balanced and dangerous, Which adds up to higher stats... The leadership starts everything...

Your defense causes a fumble and your QB throws a 70 yard pass TD, but before the team took the field Tebow got in the face of the Dline, and maybe they were a little tired or down, but since Tebow said something positive it got their hopes up and they re focused and came up with a big play... Moral of the story it all stems from leadership.

I'm not disagreein with you at all. I understand what leadership does. Everyone knows Tebow is great at that. It seems as though people are trying to give him another heisman based on leadership. Leadership is Josh Heupel (2000 OU qb). Weinke got that heisman cause he had better numbers. He was nowhere near the leader Heupel was. Not many qbs are. Tebow is in Heupels situation this year. Numbers are good, but theres more better than him, but his intangibles and leadership are HUGE for his team. Heupel came up short.

Heisman will be fun to watch. Hope Sam gets one, but if he doesnt, thats cool. I think most of us Sooners are ultimately worried bout Jan 8th.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
Well I think people have realized Tebow is the best leader, hand downs, and they seen he took the 4th quarter and made it what he wanted and that was led the offense, get in the face of your defense (Brandon Spikes), and even on the next kickoff, he ran from the opposite part of the sideline to the kickoff coverage team.. Tell me which 3 of those Qbs did that? McCoy just stood their in shock as soon a Texas Tech fielded the ball so no leadership their, Harrell and Bradford... no comment.

I guess their were reports that Tebow went to midfield during a TV timeout and pumped up the crowd.

LOL

The best leader? You cannot be serious. They are all great leaders. And only a fool will say he is the best of the bunch. We Sooners seen last year what happens if Bradford is out of the game.

I cannot understand why Tebow is even in the final 3. I think he is a helluva QB...but he is not even close to his Heisman numbers last year, nor as outstanding as last year. The only reason he is in the top 3 is because the talented team of Florida is in the MNC.

If he wins it, it will be a joke. No offense to Tebow, or Florida, but he does not deserve it this year.

LOL

The best leader? You cannot be serious. They are all great leaders. And only a fool will say he is the best of the bunch. We Sooners seen last year what happens if Bradford is out of the game.

I cannot understand why Tebow is even in the final 3. I think he is a helluva QB...but he is not even close to his Heisman numbers last year, nor as outstanding as last year. The only reason he is in the top 3 is because the talented team of Florida is in the MNC.

If he wins it, it will be a joke. No offense to Tebow, or Florida, but he does not deserve it this year.

Umm your QB was not even supposed to be Bradford to start with it, if it wasnt for that cheating scandal with that other QB he would not even be playing. Try telling an expert Tebow is not the best leader, they would laugh in your face.

Zach

Gator Fan
LOL

Tebow is the best leader.

If I recall Tebow wasnt exactly torching defenses when he started out. wasnt he sharing snaps with Leak? Point is, it makes know difference where anyone started really. its about right now. Everyone is going to get there from different paths. Theres no way to judge who is the better leader. Like I said before, it takes all kinds of qb's to make college football go around. Tebow does it by pumping up his defense and special teams by yelling and shoving them around. Sam does it by scoring and showing appreciation to his defense without the yelling and such. Who cares?

Havent you ever heard of "doing your talking on the field"? that doesnt mean running crazy on the field yelling at your special teams to make a play. My point is I dont think you have to be the most vocal person to lead a team. Ive seen Sam on the sidelines encouraging everyone many times. Its way more subtle than tebow, but I sit behind the OU bench at home games. Sam isnt exactly quiet. Defense does get pretty fired up when we score though.

Havent you ever heard of "doing your talking on the field"? that doesnt mean running crazy on the field yelling at your special teams to make a play. My point is I dont think you have to be the most vocal person to lead a team. Ive seen Sam on the sidelines encouraging everyone many times. Its way more subtle than tebow, but I sit behind the OU bench at home games. Sam isnt exactly quiet. Defense does get pretty fired up when we score though.

thats not really leadership though, thats proving your offense is dangerous, im sure he is a leader but his leadership cannot effct the outcome of the game. Where was it on the Texas game? Tebow stepped up to be the leader after we lost to Ole Miss.

Well, IMO i see it as leading on the field. I believe a player can lead on the field with his play. I would say its two different styles of qb'ing. Im not saying tebow is the lesser qb for his style or that sam is better for his. they're just different. both obviously successful.

no i am understand what your saying, but the leader ship I am talking about is Leadership from a player like Peyton Manning, Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Brett favre etc. Not people that lead their team such as Ray Lewis, Lebron James, Sidney Crosby, etc. There are players that are good and can file up a team, or their are the leaders that can take over the game and have everyone follow them. I think Bradford fits the 2nd group and Tebow fits both 1 and 2. did that make sense?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema