• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow has Gene's vote...

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
And I love the reasoning.....

Arkansas running back Darren McFadden has Adrian Peterson-like NFL skills. He'll likely be the first pick in next year's NFL draft. I've seen him play in person and he's other-worldly.

But he's not my first pick on my Heisman ballot. Tebow is.

Tebow has seven more rushing touchdowns than McFadden (22-15) on 110 fewer carries. And anybody who watches Tebow on a regular basis knows those TDs weren't simply QB sneaks. Ten of those 22 touchdowns were 5 yards or longer. And by the way, Tebow is the Gators' leading rusher, which means he took a pounding in the same killer SEC as McFadden. Against Florida State in the regular-season finale, he played part of the second half with a broken right hand.

Tebow has four fewer TD passes (29) than Hawaii's Brennan and Mizzou's Daniel (33), but he also has 178 fewer pass attempts than Daniel and 105 fewer than Brennan. And for those who think Tebow somehow doesn't deserve the trophy because Florida isn't a national title contender, remember this: The Gators lost five starters on offense (including their leading running back and wide receiver) and nine on defense from 2006, and since the BCS began in the 1998 season, no team has won back-to-back BCS championships.

:bananapowerslide: Smart guy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3128299&sportCat=ncf

JvilleJohnny

im convinced... i kind of had the slightest thought that Chase Daniel was gonna take it because of his yards, and TDs. but if they dont give it to Timmy, then the heisman is DEFINATELY biased.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I have a idea, why don't we let this all play out and congrats the person who wins, wheather its Tim, Chase or Darren, I mean I'll be so glad when this is over, cuz it's like a broken record, you hear the same stuff every day and night....I'm sorry but its getting old really really quick, sorry I must sound bitchy, but I'm not, I mean my goodness I think we all will congrats whoever wins it, cuz to be quiet honest, all 3 guys deserve it. there I'm done talking about it, I'm waiting on december 10th ;)

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I have a idea, why don't we let this all play out and congrats the person who wins, wheather its Tim, Chase or Darren, I mean I'll be so glad when this is over, cuz it's like a broken record, you hear the same stuff every day and night....I'm sorry but its getting old really really quick, sorry I must sound bitchy, but I'm not, I mean my goodness I think we all will congrats whoever wins it, cuz to be quiet honest, all 3 guys deserve it. there I'm done talking about it, I'm waiting on december 10th ;)

To each their own. You stop talking about it and we can continue talking about it. Fine by me.:D

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
More support for Tebow and the He15man:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7492196

An open letter to Heisman voters

1. Dear Heisman voters,

You're thinking too hard.

I know you're unable to wrap your arms around the idea of Tim Tebow winning the Heisman. Maybe it's the sideburns. Maybe it's that he's annoyingly peppy. Maybe it's the three losses. Whatever it is, the discussion appears to still be open, and now you're thinking that Darren McFadden has been the most outstanding college football player in the United States for 2007.

Not only are you wrong, but there's no case whatsoever that can be made for McFadden over Tebow on any level. If you want to argue for Pat White or Chase Daniel on some sort of an MVP level, that's different. It's wrong when it comes to this year's Heisman race, but it's a different sort of debate.

Darren McFadden has been great, but please don't argue for him over Tim Tebow. (Alex Brandon / Associated Press)

First of all, if you're not going to vote for Tebow because he's a sophomore, then relinquish your privilege to someone smarter. We'll make sure to find something shiny to amuse you, get you a helmet, and cover all the corners in your house with foam so you don't injure yourself. You're a silly, silly person.

If you're voting for McFadden because you think he's the most talented player, then you're not voting for the Heisman for the right reason. McFadden is the better pro prospect than Tebow. So is Glenn Dorsey. So is Jake Long. It's not about who the most talented player is, it's about who the most outstanding player is in a college football season. At this point, an argument could be made that Tebow isn't just the most outstanding player in 2007, but history will remember his last 12 games among the greatest ever put together.

So how does McFadden have Tebow beat in the Heisman race this year? I'm looking for anyone to provide one cogent reason why and how No. 5 has been better than No. 15. A monster game against LSU isn't enough.

Tebow set the SEC record with 22 touchdown runs — take a second to think about all the great SEC backs Tebow has passed by — while McFadden finished with 16. Remembering he's a quarterback, Tebow has rushed for 838 yards to McFadden's 1,725. Along with one of the greatest rushing seasons in the history of college football for a quarterback, Tebow was No. 1 in the nation in passing efficiency for a while, and now is No. 2 with 3,132 yards and 29 touchdowns and just six picks. He hasn't thrown more than one interception in a game this year.

Sure, McFadden went nuts on LSU and went ballistic against South Carolina, but where was he against Auburn when he was held to 43 yards? How about the pedestrian 88 yards against Mississippi State? Seven of his 15 touchdown runs came against Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga, and he has averaged a nice, but not unbelievable, 5.66 yards per carry. While Tebow has lost three games, McFadden has lost four.

Tebow, who has a 3.77 GPA, has been consistently terrific from Western Kentucky on through Florida State with at least one rushing and passing touchdown in every game, two or more rushing touchdowns in seven games, and two or more passing scores in ten games. He's the first player in the history of college football to run for 20 touchdowns and throw for 20 — read that again and let it sink in for a moment — and it's not like he did it in Conference USA. He had an all-timer of a season in the SEC while gutting it out through an injured shoulder and now a broken thumb ... and the race is supposedly wide open?! (Heavy sigh.)

This is nothing against McFadden. He's one of the greatest talents to ever play college football and he had a phenomenal season. This isn't an anti-Run D.M.C. debate. It's an argument to hope voters finally recognize one of the greatest performances in the history of the sport.

Stay handsome,

Fiu

P.S. No, I didn't book a room. Why do you ask?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Tebow for HE15MAN:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...007/11/27/tebow_should_definitely_win_th.html

Tebow should definitely win the Heisman

By Tami Tolley | Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 12:59 PM

First of all, my fiance (a 1990 UF grad), our kids and I actually watched the Florida-Florida State game together this year. In my previous blog, I said that we haven’t been able to watch it together for the past few years because my fiance said I get too obnoxious.

I was able to watch the first three quarters with him, but then I had to drag myself upstairs and watch the Gators just destroy my Noles. It was hard to watch and even harder hearing the Gator fans downstairs cheering every time the Gators did something good (which was every time they touched the ball!).

That said, if Tim Tebow doesn’t win the Heisman this year, there’s something definitely wrong. I don’t care that he’s only a sophomore. I don’t care that a sophomore has never won the award. It’s about time one did.

Tamiblog30.jpg

As far as I’m concerned, the other candidates don’t compare to what Tebow has done for his team. He’s thrown for 29 touchdowns, rushed for 22 touchdowns, runs over people and even plays with a broken bone. The guy is phenomenal. And this is coming from a girl who is a die-hard Noles fan.

And one other thing, the guy is very humble. When asked to do the Heisman pose at the end of the game, he wouldn’t do it, saying later, “You try to do it the right way, keep it humble.”

He almost seems too good to be true. I love the fire in his eyes and the way he gets the Gator fans pumped up during the games. I hope the voters get it right and give this Gator the award that he truly deserves.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
SI likes Tebow:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/gene_menez/11/26/heisman.watch.1126/?eref=mostpop

1. Tim Tebow, Florida, QB, Soph.

Last week: 19-of-28 passing, 262 yards, 3 TDs; 13 rushes, 89 yards, 2 TDs in a 45-12 victory over Florida State
Season: 217-of-317 passing, 3,132 yards, 29 TDs, 6 INTs; 194 rushes, 838 yards, 22 TDs
Heisman-o-meter: Ho-hum. Another five-touchdown game for this Florida superman. With all of the other Heisman candidates playing well last week, Tebow finished the regular season like a potential Heisman winner should with his fifth five-touchdown game this year. And for good measure, he made a couple highlight-worthy plays (the spinning escape for a 23-yard touchdown and the perfectly thrown 32-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone). Now with ballots in voters' hands, it seems as if the devil's advocates are out in full force, asking whether a sophomore from a three-loss team should be allowed to win. My answer: Yes.
Up next: Regular season complete

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
awwww Tim Tebow wins this heisman in a land slide, chase or darren hasn't even got a chance, I bet tebow wins it by 400 votes
atleast maybe even a 1000 votes, who knows, the others may not even get a vote!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIM TEBOW!!!!!! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema