• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow for Heisman!

ilovegators

VIP Member
Tack on 6 more touchdowns for Tebow and his race for the Heisman. Too bad only one of them is passing. Not sure if that hurts him or not.

sbq80

VIP Member
Tack on 6 more touchdowns for Tebow and his race for the Heisman. Too bad only one of them is passing. Not sure if that hurts him or not.
The USC game I think made it 95% that the trophy is his.
The 5% against him is the fact that he is a Soph.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I hope tim all the luck this year for the Heisman, and unless i'm wrong, there's never been a soph win a heisman, that could very well change if tim has 2 more games like he did sat. night ;)

FanSmack

VIP Member
I hope tim all the luck this year for the Heisman, and unless i'm wrong, there's never been a soph win a heisman, that could very well change if tim has 2 more games like he did sat. night ;)

That is correct. No sophomores for heisman. Grossman should have had it his sophomore year but got robbed by Dorsey. Was such a joke.

saltydog21

Gator Fan
Keep the campaign rolling, www.TEBOW4HE15MAN.com , vote for Tebow everyday. You never know. A Sophomore could win it. There has been bigger upsets on the field this year. Why not off the field as well. Really who is better??? Who cares if they lost 3 games. The Heisman is an individual effort of course he couldn't have done it without his team but the press looks at the wrong numbers. It's giving to one player not the whole team. SO, Tebow is the man. He is going to rush over 1000yds. That has never been down at FL. What college athlete is better than him at this point in the season?? No one.
Tebow is HE15MAN.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
FAU should pad his stats and if he finishes 2nd then he better not have a Rex Grossman like Jr year after Grossman finished 2nd in the Heisman as a Soph.

Gamecock_Aholic

Gator Fan
tebow is to good. he is an unfair advantage! he's like that guy you make on NCAA football 08 thats a 99 overall. he should only be aloud to play like two times a game! ahah

zyonuf79

Gator Fan
From collegefootballnews.com's Peter Fiutak's Calvalcade of Whimsy:

But I’ll only vote for him if stops preening around in that skintight performance-wear thing while I’m polishing off brownie number four … Despite cries to the contrary, there actually is a runaway Heisman candidate with impeccable credentials. He was the nation’s leader in passing efficiency for most of the year before plummeting all the way to No. 2 last week. In other words, he’s one of college football's best passers completing 68% of his throws for 2,532 yards and 23 touchdowns with five interceptions.

There are only five quarterbacks, UL Lafayette’s Michael Desormeaux, West Virginia's Pat White, Washington’s Jake Locker, Navy’s Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada and Texas A&M’s Stephen McGee, who are averaging more rushing yards per game. He’s third in the nation in touchdown runs, with at least one in every game, obliterated the conference record for most rushing scores by a quarterback in a season, and set the school’s all-time season record for rushing touchdowns in a season, passing Emmitt Smith along the way. In other words, he’s one of the nation’s best runners.

Meanwhile, with a bull’s-eye clearly on his back, and playing in the nation’s toughest conference in the brightest of weekly spotlights, he’s always producing despite suffering a shoulder injury a few weeks ago.

So if Florida's Tim Tebow is having the best all-around statistical season of any quarterback, and it’s not even close, then why isn’t he getting any Heisman love? Why, and how, is this still a race?

The biggest problem is the record, losing three games so far. However, in the losses to Auburn, LSU and Georgia, Tebow wasn’t bad; it’s not his fault the defense is average, and it wasn't his fault the Gators lost. Second, he’s a sophomore. The Heisman always goes to running backs and quarterbacks, and it always goes to upperclassmen. If Tebow was a senior, this might be over. In 2001, Florida’s Rex Grossman was the best player in America, but he was a sophomore, Nebraska’s Eric Crouch was a senior, and the voters stayed true to form.

There’s certainly still time for things to change, but at the moment, there’s no other choice.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema