• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow better but can’t escape criticism on Day 3

The Bull Gator

Gator Fan
McShay seemed to have a personal vendetta against Tebow today. I know the release isn't ideal. I know he still needs plenty of work. But the way McShay described it you would think Tebow was playing football for the first time ever today.

ShortBus

VIP Member
McShay seemed to have a personal vendetta against Tebow today. I know the release isn't ideal. I know he still needs plenty of work. But the way McShay described it you would think Tebow was playing football for the first time ever today.

he always has it out for tebow.. always. i hate that bastard.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Tebow will be fine as long as he continues improving. Just hope he does not get forced into throwing short passes before he is ready.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
So someone actually doesn't provide Tebow the praise Lundquist and Danielson give? Fancy that. At least there are people who aren't afraid to express their skepticism about Tebow's chances of being a starting QB in the NFL.

Can Tebow make it in the NFL as a starting QB? I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's wrong to say he can't.

Escambia94

So someone actually doesn't provide Tebow the praise Lundquist and Danielson give? Fancy that. At least there are people who aren't afraid to express their skepticism about Tebow's chances of being a starting QB in the NFL.

Can Tebow make it in the NFL as a starting QB? I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's wrong to say he can't.

Somewhere I saw a comment that sums it all up--Tebow-bashing comments make headlines. Apparently, if you write that Tim Tebow is Superman, that is old news. If you write that he was arguably the best college athlete/QB but lack fundamentals to succeed in the NFL, then you are stating the obvious. Now, write some mean stuff about the guy, be the one who finds a chink in Tebow's armor, and you sell headlines. This is what news has come to. We have no data right now to convincingly argue that Tebow will be a successful NFL QB. We have plenty of data that he is a good kid, a passionate Christian, a good leader, a powerful athlete, and potential superstar, but we cannot write news articles about any of that and generate money and headlines for some reason. Let's just print articles about Ron Artest and Tiger Woods being bad, because that is interesting. Screw this happy crap--let's watch immorality, lack of judgement, and stupidity instead.

P.S. He can be an NFL QB. Time will tell how well he will do. It may depend on "the spot of the ball"--closer to the end zone (1st round draft pick), or backed up to his own end zone (later round draft pick).

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Somewhere I saw a comment that sums it all up--Tebow-bashing comments make headlines. Apparently, if you write that Tim Tebow is Superman, that is old news. If you write that he was arguably the best college athlete/QB but lack fundamentals to succeed in the NFL, then you are stating the obvious. Now, write some mean stuff about the guy, be the one who finds a chink in Tebow's armor, and you sell headlines. This is what news has come to. We have no data right now to convincingly argue that Tebow will be a successful NFL QB. We have plenty of data that he is a good kid, a passionate Christian, a good leader, a powerful athlete, and potential superstar, but we cannot write news articles about any of that and generate money and headlines for some reason. Let's just print articles about Ron Artest and Tiger Woods being bad, because that is interesting. Screw this happy crap--let's watch immorality, lack of judgement, and stupidity instead.

P.S. He can be an NFL QB. Time will tell how well he will do. It may depend on "the spot of the ball"--closer to the end zone (1st round draft pick), or backed up to his own end zone (later round draft pick).

Glad you brought up that point about Tebow's character; I touched on that in my next-to-last blog article on the front page. If Tebow wants a positive role nodel at the NFL level, he'd likely follow the example Kurt Warner made while he was an active player. Their lifestyles may not fit the prototypes of many other players, but they refuse to be hypocrites and hold steadfast to their faith and principles.

As far as Tim's mechanics go, anything that needs to be kicked up a notch can be accomplished with the right coaching and reps in practice. If he's determined to succeed, he will. If anything, we won't see peaks and valleys in Tim's effort like Rex Grossman has had since he's been in the league.

Escambia94

Glad you brought up that point about Tebow's character; I touched on that in my next-to-last blog article on the front page. If Tebow wants a positive role nodel at the NFL level, he'd likely follow the example Kurt Warner made while he was an active player. Their lifestyles may not fit the prototypes of many other players, but they refuse to be hypocrites and hold steadfast to their faith and principles.

As far as Tim's mechanics go, anything that needs to be kicked up a notch can be accomplished with the right coaching and reps in practice. If he's determined to succeed, he will. If anything, we won't see peaks and valleys in Tim's effort like Rex Grossman has had since he's been in the league.

Yes! You always have good points on his character. In comparing Tim to Rex, I think one thing we will find is that Tim may be smarter--I hope to see this in the Wonderlic test. Doug Johnson was somewhat like Tebow in that they both throw a football like a baseball. I think that Tebow will not make the critics happy overnight, but he will modify his footwork enough to be "fixable" (Johnson did this), and stable (Grossman did not). As for character, only Danny Wuerffel is similar, but Tebow is bigger, faster, stronger, and more vocal.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Yes! You always have good points on his character. In comparing Tim to Rex, I think one thing we will find is that Tim may be smarter--I hope to see this in the Wonderlic test. Doug Johnson was somewhat like Tebow in that they both throw a football like a baseball. I think that Tebow will not make the critics happy overnight, but he will modify his footwork enough to be "fixable" (Johnson did this), and stable (Grossman did not). As for character, only Danny Wuerffel is similar, but Tebow is bigger, faster, stronger, and more vocal.

Rex's Wonderlic score was 29; Timmy should do better than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema