• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow a TE ?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Not sure if this was brought up yet, but on Mel Kiper's draft board he has Tebow listed as a 2nd round draft pick... as a TE!

Do you think a team will draft him to be a tight end in the NFL? Won't anyone give him a shot at QB?

I sure as heck hope so...Tim is a great leader, football player, and even more a person. I got to met him this last summer it was only for a few hours but he left a lasting effect on me he is a great person. He's the best.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Tebow is more valuable as a pure athlete than as a QB. Since he has not stood under center since high school, his QB draftability may be questioniable. Then again, it may seem like a cheap way for the NFL team that takes him to use a QB without investing in an O-line (like the Houston Texans when they got David Carr). If that happened, I would expect Tebow to not last long in the NFL due to the constant battering.

I could see him play either position.

SWAMPTHING08

Gator Fan
Tebow is definetly NOT! going to be drafted as a tight end. If he was drafted as a tight end he would be okay but not as good as him being a quarterback

sbq80

VIP Member
Yeah Kiper is sure Tebow will be a TE/H-Back in the NFL. He is not alone however in saying that Tebow wont be a good NFL QB a lot of 'experts' are saying that.
I don't see any team taking a project TE in the 2nd round, 4-6 maybe but
2nd no way.
For all those reasons Tebow needs to stay in school. Continue to make his mark as one of the best college football players ever & maybe work on his 2nd or 3rd Heisman.

SWAMPTHING08

Gator Fan
obviously he wont be running alot like he does in college. Tebow likes to run alot and so did michael vick (but no one likes him) and he was a quarter back.

I Miss Sonny's

Gator Fan
:cowboy:

WOW...you do know QBs like Tebow do not thrive in the NFL, right?

I believe someone will give Tebow a shot at QB, at least at first.

He certainly has the arm strength but needs to work on his delivery, accuracy, and his read. The shotgun thing I don't think is a problem, as he can work with the right folks on taking snaps under center the next level.

When you say "QBs like Tebow," I take it you mean that he runs well, and doesn't play the position in a traditional manner, takes snaps from the shotgun, etc. I doubt you're knocking his drive and competitiveness.

He does have the physical skills to keep him from becoming one of the Josh Heupels or Jason Whites of the world. It's the polish he'll need help with. We'll see what happens.

tuss76

Gator Fan
Tebow would make a good TE imo. I think he could adapt and play a little fullback. Mike Alstott esc

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema