• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": This, That, and Other Things

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
WOW - no shortage of Gator news (or anti-Gator vitriol from the peanut gallery) this week, especially after the Brandon Spikes episode. Spikes made the right decision for his team's morale, but I still wouldn't have done it to pay lip service to the media pundits if that was one of his motives.

Read a snippet at GC that Coach Meyer won't be penalized for his comments about a missed penalty that should have been called over that cheap shot on Tebow (the rest of the story is only accessible on their "premium" boards) - that might not sit well with some, but as far as I'm concerned Coach was as tactful as he could be and didn't cross over the line. The fact that he submitted taped evidence to the SEC showed that he was respecting the league's rules. Hey Paul Finebaum, how do you like your crow?

So much for Tim Brando running his mouth lately about "the rumor" and posting nonsense on his website (would you believe this clown actually has Meyer on the hot seat over this ND crap? http://radio.sportingnews.com/shows/tim_brando/) - if the Irish go 10-2, which I really hope to God that they do, Cheeseburger Charlie ain't going nowhere - IMHO, his team has shown some improvement, if anything, so that should sit well with Mr. Swarbrick (the Domers' AD). Looks as though the Gator Bowl's interested in the Irish to play in January; there could also be an outside chance of a 10-2 Notre Dame team getting a BCS berth as well, but that would depend on how the next 4 weeks pan out: http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-11-06/weis-sees-bcs-chance-if-notre-dame-keeps-winning

Laughing even louder: According to something I saw at ESPN, Boise State has hired a public relations firm - in part, to try and figure out why there not playing top-ranked teams. The biggest whiners in college football can't figure out that it doesn't take a PR firm or rocket scientist to solve that problem - what they need to do is join a BCS-qualifier conference, such as the Pac-10, and prove week in and week out that they're deserving of being a top-calibre team and walking in the tall grass with the big dogs. It's called "put up or shut up", kids.

And now, MY coaches' hot seat (and a thumb of the nose to Brando):

Al Groh, Virginia
Dan Hawkins, Colorado
Ron Zook, Illinois (if they go 2-10, their AD is an even bigger idiot for keeping him around)
Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville

That's it for now - it's Friday, but Saturday's coming!

(Update: Meyer was fined $30K by the SEC; as ridiculous as it is, I didn't expect anything severe: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20091106/ARTICLES/911069960)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema