• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": Just another Friday hodgepodge.....

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Well gang, none other than good ol' Lame Kitten got a dose of reality thrown in his face yesterday after Nu'Keese Richardson and two of his compadres were thrown in the cooler for an attempted armed robbery near the Rocky Top campus. What's still making me laugh is that I still haven't heard of any disciplinary action being taken against these three; as much as the Jethro Nation loves to rake Urban Meyer over the coals, had that happened at Florida they would have been on indefinite suspension lickety-split. Yep, karma's a biatch, Kiffykins. Now it's time for you to face the music and dance.

Read one of Ben Volin's Twitter "tweets"; apparently Charlie Strong isn't in line for the Memphis head-coaching vacancy, according to what he read in the Memphis Commercial Appeal. Only goes to show that these rumor-mongers have unreliable "sources" (and if you don't already know, I use that word very loosely....)

Caught a little of "The Herd" this morning; Colin Cowherd said that if Notruh-Dahhm says "Happy Trails to you" to Cheeseburger Charlie, they should offer the job to Cinci's Brian Kelly. ESPN's Joe Schad also said the same thing on Twitter earlier this week; boy, if Franklin and those other know-it-all lackeys at Bleacher Report heard that, they'd have their panties in a wad. Like Tony Barnhart, I still believe Urban Meyer when he said this past July, "I'm not going to Notre Dame - EVER" - how about you?

Florida's "Thanksgiving Classic" is coming up against that school out west, and it's not too soon to get the "F$U Sucks" talk started. Love this You Tuber "Bobby Bowden's Swan Song" by none other than the maestro LSUFreek:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHKQxM29Kf8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Heard Steve Russell from AM850 in Gainesville speak at an event sponsored by the Central Florida Gator Club this past Tuesday; his prognostication for the Gators is a 12-0 regular season finish. Let's hope our guys keep the dream of an undefeated season alive; I'm offering a Rosary for Our Beloved sometime before kickoff to get the Football Gods looking in our favor. Still, our guys will need to be on their guard - every game counts, and from here on out they control their own destiny.

Gang: Once again it's Friday, but Saturday's coming!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!:gator:

(Update: Apparently the "Three Stooges" won't be traveling to Ole Miss with the rest of the creamsicle-orange per http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/nov/13/uts-richardson-still-jail-attempted-robbery-charge/ .)

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
And here's a second helping.......

Found a few more tidbits I want to comment on:

A good old-fashioned UP YOURS headed Austin Murphy's way (he's a writer/blogger/plain old media hack at SI.com) for the following quote:

"There's a fair share of schadenfreude bubbling up on some Florida Gators fan sites over the arrests, early Thursday morning, of three Tennessee freshmen. After pulling alongside their victims in a 2010 Toyota Prius (!?), wide receiver Nu'Keese Richardson and defensive backs Janzen Jackson and Mike Edwards allegedly tried to rob three guys at a convenience store just off campus. One player allegedly used a semi-automatic weapon (a pellet gun, it turned out). Some of the comments across the Web are mean-spirited ("You can take the kid out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the kid"), while others have merit ("YOU DON'T COMMIT ARMED ROBBERY IN A PRIUS!").

It is Richardson, who once verbally committed to Florida, to whom Gators fans are devoting the bulk of their attention, delighting in what must be Volunteer Nation's severe case of buyer's remorse."
(Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...on/index.html?section=si_latest#ixzz0Wm7bUQRk )

Geez, it's OK for UcheaT fans and others to take delight in Florida's shortcomings, but when Gator Nation does the same it's NOT? Umm, it works both ways, bub. After all the crap Kiffykins has been spouting off about Coach Meyer and UF, if he thought that Gator Nation would remain silent about this incident, he's an even bigger fool.

Tomorrow night, I'd love to see Cheeseburger Charlie make a valiant effort to try and salvage his job at the Golden Dome by beating Wanny and Pitt, if only to shut down the rumor mills for a short time. Anyway, add Dennis Dodd to those who think Brian Kelly should be the top candidate to replace Weis should he get the pink slip: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12487482

I hope to God Robbie Andreu's not poking his nose into the Orlando "Slantinel" after he made his prediction about Saturday's game, knowing full well that the peanut gallery there loves playing the devil's advocate just to get a rise out of their readers. He's predicting a score similar to that back in 2006: http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/10259/south-carolina-prediction-time/

Anyway, I hope I wake up tomorrow feeling Gator football coming on....keep the faith, gang! :gator:

(Saturday update: The Three Musketeers from College Gameday are also talking about Weis; Herbstreit and Corso say NO to Meyer and ND - add them to the list! :) )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema