• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Stop the penalties!

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
We're getting penalties on every single possession. We've already had a 1st and 35 and just got done with another 1st and 25. This offensive line needs to ge thier heads in the game and stop holding.

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
That was crazy. I made fun of Ole Miss doing that last week when it ended up being like 4th and 35 I think, I had to eat my words today.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
Yes, this is going to end up hurting the Gators A LOT, if the don't stop it now. What, it was like we had 5 in 30 seconds. It was horrible!

nismodrift

VIP Member
omg it was ruining my time watching because it was like if we were to get a 10 yard pass for 1st down it was just holdin i sware the line needs to go through tough practice this week. . .

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The one penalty that hurt us the most was Ahmad Black's interception being negated due to a stupiid holding call, as well as a nice return run by Brandon James that got called back for an illegal block in the back.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I told my friend after the game that that was the most frustrating 31 point win I've ever seen. We were penalized on like 6 straight posessions. It almost made me wanna change the channel.

We have got to cut back on the penalties if we hope to beat LSU next week.

gogators9606

Gator Fan
I told my friend after the game that that was the most frustrating 31 point win I've ever seen. We were penalized on like 6 straight posessions. It almost made me wanna change the channel.

We have got to cut back on the penalties if we hope to beat LSU next week.

I know we won by 31 but doesnt something seem very wrong with Tebow?
He has had a bad year, or I miss the fire in his eyes from the last two years..
I hate to even say anything bad about him because he has done so much for
the Gators...... but something is missing.......

Go Gators..........:gator:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I know we won by 31 but doesnt something seem very wrong with Tebow?
He has had a bad year, or I miss the fire in his eyes from the last two years..
I hate to even say anything bad about him because he has done so much for
the Gators...... but something is missing.......

Go Gators..........:gator:

John Brantley was more impressive to me as a passer than Tebow was on Saturday. Hate to say it, but Tebow needs to kick things up a notch. That INT he threw when Brandon James was clearly open in the underneath was STUPID on his part.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
John Brantley was more impressive to me as a passer than Tebow was on Saturday. Hate to say it, but Tebow needs to kick things up a notch. That INT he threw when Brandon James was clearly open in the underneath was STUPID on his part.

Yeah he definitely had an off game. I wouldn't fault him too much for that int though. The linebacker did a good job of concealing himself on that play. Tebow didn't even see him lurking.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Yeah he definitely had an off game. I wouldn't fault him too much for that int though. The linebacker did a good job of concealing himself on that play. Tebow didn't even see him lurking.

Tebow needs to be a LOT more alert out there and play "heads-up". I still think that INT could have been avoided on his part. Sure our offensive line needs to solidify and do a better job of blocking and protecting Tebow behind the line, but Tebow needs to be a lot more aggressive out there and attentive to the movement in the field at all times. Somehow he seems a little but subdued this year as opposed to last.

I just hope his priorities are where they REALLY need to be during football season this year. Football ranks about #4 on his own personal priority list, and on gameday his heart needs to be in the Gator locker room - NOT at "Fort Briss" in the Phillipines (pardon my sarcasm, but you get my point). Could he have spread himself a little too thin with all his personal appearances in the off-season? I hope not, but this is starting to worry me right now.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Tebow needs to be a LOT more alert out there and play "heads-up". I still think that INT could have been avoided on his part. Sure our offensive line needs to solidify and do a better job of blocking and protecting Tebow behind the line, but Tebow needs to be a lot more aggressive out there and attentive to the movement in the field at all times. Somehow he seems a little but subdued this year as opposed to last.

I just hope his priorities are where they REALLY need to be during football season this year. Football ranks about #4 on his own personal priority list, and on gameday his heart needs to be in the Gator locker room - NOT at "Fort Briss" in the Phillipines (pardon my sarcasm, but you get my point). Could he have spread himself a little too thin with all his personal appearances in the off-season? I hope not, but this is starting to worry me right now.

Good point, I never thought about his personal life interfering/distracting Tebow during the offseason.

UFtb

VIP Member
I would never doubt that Tebow's head and heart aren't in football and the Florida Gators 100% on gamedays. He plays with a ton of emotion and determination.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema