• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Some interesting points about JB

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
in fairness, reed has made some pooorr throws.

Reed had UGLY throws that still landed closer to the intended target than JB4's AND he never left his receivers out to dry. The worst sin a QB can make other than turning the ball over is to throw the ball in such a way that the receivers are exposed to injury due to hits from the defensive backs.

mjfan23

VIP Member
The QB position has some work to do next year... Could be interesting to see how things develop.

The Zooker

VIP Member
It's been a crazy year. I'm not giving up on the kid yet. He's still a Gator. And if he turns out to be our starter next season, which I bet he is, then I'll support him. If he pulls a 180 and looks good then everyone's opinion will suddenly shift. So let's just put away the lynch mob temporarily and see what the kid is really made of when a real offensive coordinator is calling the shots. Some major changes are coming to the program. It's not crazy to expect a major improvement from him. I think he is capable of it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's not a matter of lynch-mob mentality", Zooker, at least not where folks like me are coming from. It's wanting to make sure there is no DOUBT how we evaluate his actual performance--when he has been given every opportunity to lead the Gator offense, was made heir-apparent, then remained in that preferred position regardless of his repeated failures. Pardon me if I'm a little gun-shy by now with regards to JB; excuse me if I'm DETERMINED to make sure that we let the new regime know in no uncertain terms that NO ONE, least of all John Brantley, should get that kind of free ride again.
That wasn't the OC out there on the field actually stinkin' up the joint all season long--while it may have been the OC's idea of "offense", JB was Meyer's AND Addazio's guy out there, gave him all that leeway and his starting role "no matter what", it was clear--even if their relationship was by most accounts somewhat stormy this past season, JB started talking about leaving only after it was official that ADDAZIO was leaving, did you notice?
I'll say it again: It will take a DRAMATIC, wholesale change in John Brantley, not just in his physical skill-set and psychological approach to the game but in the fabric of his very BEING for him to be the kind of football-savvy "Leader of Men" championship-level QB-play requires for where we need to be headed. I'm not sure there's time for him to be able to attain "adequacy", let alone something more.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Maybe JB4 will be so inspired by Timothy Richard Tebow's upcoming book that he will become a Leader of Men (TM)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema