• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Signing day is here...guess who we got?

saltydog21

Gator Fan
We got the "Cookie", nickname for Ramon Buchannon. That's right. I got the inside scoop. He is from PalmBay High School. A pipeline for Gator Athletes. Some you might have heard of? Mike DeGory, Reggie Nelson, Joe Cohen, etc...etc..., Talked to the PalmBay coaches a few weeks ago and he changed his commitment from Miami to FLorida. Guess he wants a National Championship shot. Urban Meyer was down here last week visiting Ramon and Family and impressed him and has now decided to switch from Miami to the Fighting Gators. His announcement will be made later today. With his addition this brings a lot of much needed speed either to the offense or defense. Could compete for Wide reciever or Outside linebacker. Personally he needs to red-shirt and get bigger but with the Gators "D" he could fit in right now. Anyway it is a BIG pickup for the Gators!!!

saltydog21

Gator Fan
The source is a very good one. The Source is the Coach at PalmBay. Dan Burke. Ramon Buchannon was on the Under Armor All American team and was listed by them as the top 50 players in the Nation. We need the speed on defense. Great pickup. Ramon was on Urbans top 5 recruits to sign!!

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Buchanon just became official to Miami. From what I understand even the UF coaches thought he would be signing with us as of last night. It hurts losing him but hopefully we can use that scholarship for someone who will be just as productive if not more productive and actually want to be in the Orange and Blue.

saltydog21

Gator Fan
My apologies to everyone. Guess a hand shake and word is nothing these days. Wait till I go see the Coach at PalmBay and Cookie at school TODAY. Check this out:

Buchanan pulls the double switch

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
CaneSport.com....You've heard of a decommitment? Well, Melbourne (FL) Palm Bay High School athlete Ramon Buchanan's recruitment begs for a new word: "Recommitment." Read on for this huge breaking news.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/barr...pt=content.asp&cid=769588&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Sorry to all Gator Fans, Cookie will be sorry when we light him up this year!!!

CongdonJL

Gator Fan
Hey He had a Hard decision to make...

National Championship or a Big Brawl on SportsCenter against FIU...

We'll see if he chose the right one..

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I really hoped we would get this kid.

And I'm not trying to put him down.

But.........

We are loaded at Safety if that is where he plays and we have plenty of Linebackers in this class as good or better than him arguably.

So it won't be a total loss.

Now if we lost Omar Hunter...... I wouldn't feel the same way.

preachinGator

VIP Member
"Now if we lost Omar Hunter...... I wouldn't feel the same way."

Can we say BIG AND FAST???????

This is one recruit where we did very well. AN as has already been said....Why fill a position that is filled when the scholarship can be used else where?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema