• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEC Championship Game

Susie

Gator Fan
I have been seeing everywhere that they are predicting Florida or Georgia vs. Auburn. I just dont see Auburn doing that with having a new QB and trying to do the spread. I think it may be LSU or Alabama. What does every one else think??

Oh and of course I think it is going to be Florida in the East! hahaha

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I think Alabama is still one year away from competing in the West. John Parker Wilson makes too many mistakes in big games for the Tide to do anything.

LSU has the talent everywhere except QB. They are starting a Harvard transfer at QB this year! I don't see them getting in with that situation. Plus, LSU may have the toughest schedule of the SEC West teams.

Auburn has the best chance IMO to make the SEC title game. Kodi Burns is a very athletic QB that will thrive in Tony Franklin's spread offense.

That being said, whoever makes it out of the West will go on to lose to Georgia or Florida.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I still think Alabama will win the SEC West with Georgia/Florida winning the SEC East.

LSU's defense and offense won't be as good this season. Auburn's defense should be about the same, but their offense, while untested, I see being better to the extent to possibly with the SEC West. However, I think Alabama was just a few plays away last season from winning the SEC West.

I could very well be wrong about Alabama, but that's my prediction as of today.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Hey Susie, I think you and I should become professional football analysts. What do you think?

And yes, I did bump this thread, just to brag a little. :D

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Did anybody watch the Auburn v. Alabama game?

Let's just say Alabama is going to run the ball like mad against us...and they're probably going to be successful.

I still think we'll beat them, but we can't afford any turnovers, especially since Harvin may not play or will not be 100%.

Auburn has a pretty good rush defense, and Alabama ran all over them. And the only reason we handled Moreno was because of UGA's poor offensive line.

At least it will be indoors so no wet ball fumbles.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Did anybody watch the Auburn v. Alabama game?

Let's just say Alabama is going to run the ball like mad against us...and they're probably going to be successful.

I still think we'll beat them, but we can't afford any turnovers, especially since Harvin may not play or will not be 100%.

Auburn has a pretty good rush defense, and Alabama ran all over them. And the only reason we handled Moreno was because of UGA's poor offensive line.

At least it will be indoors so no wet ball fumbles.

I didn't watch Alabama-Auburn, but I am worried about our run defense and ability to cover a quarterback that likes to throw on the run. Sometimes our defense is over-aggressive, and that could make it easy for Bama to run its quarterback out of the pocket, pull in all of our defenders in pursuit, and let him lob tosses in front of the secondary.

How does Bama's defense match against our spread offense (probably minus Harvin)?

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I didn't watch Alabama-Auburn, but I am worried about our run defense and ability to cover a quarterback that likes to throw on the run. Sometimes our defense is over-aggressive, and that could make it easy for Bama to run its quarterback out of the pocket, pull in all of our defenders in pursuit, and let him lob tosses in front of the secondary.

How does Bama's defense match against our spread offense (probably minus Harvin)?

Alabama's defensive line will utterly dominate out offensive line. Tebow must be prepared to run for his life and for the first time this year, we may need to pass the ball first and run to the outside to keep the linebackers and defensive line from gashing us up the middle.

I don't think Alabama's secondary will be a problem. USC, UK, and UT have better secondaries than Alabama and we handled them just fine.

I'm just worried about turnovers. We fumble the ball or Tebow throws an INT while on the run b/c of defensive pressure and that's not only 3-7 points we are unable to score, but Alabama will get 3-7 points themselves AND take 4-8 minutes off the clock.

I think we have a chance to get a big special teams play, such as forcing a muffed punt or getting a blocked punt in Alabama's red zone.

Susie

Gator Fan
Hey Susie, I think you and I should become professional football analysts. What do you think?

And yes, I did bump this thread, just to brag a little. :D

Couldnt agree more!!! haha

I want everyone to know that it is now a civil war at my house! I am not talking junk but a certain Bama fan I know is hahaha! I cant wait!

Susie

Gator Fan
I have watched every game of both teams. I would say that a huge problem for us witll be Cody #62 he is sooo big it takes 2 linemen to hold him. Everynow ans then they will put him in for short in goals on the offense. It is pretty much unstoppable. He takes 2 gyus and so the running back just slips thru.

We will not have seen a running game like theirs but one thing that they have done quite a bit. Is be explosive in the first quarter then fizzle out the last half. I think we will win but it is going to be a battle! It is the classic defense vs offense. No matter what it will be a good game. I just dont want to lose. My husband is obnoxious. UGH!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema