• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEC Championship Game: #7 Florida 46, #1 Alabama 52

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
FA39ED08-8947-455A-8D2C-669931221555.jpeg

Escambia94

Florida’s scoring drive: 6 plays, 73 yards, 2:15.
Alabama’s scoring drive: 9 plays, 70 yards, 2:40.

Escambia94

That hit on Trey Dean was textbook. Too bad the Gators do not focus on fundamentals like this.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Has Grantham failed to adapt his defensive scheme, let sharp Coaches like Saban to catch on and catch up?
Then we get the INT—but then he FUMBLES. Damnit. We NEEDED that.
Can’t catch a break. And we lose another DB, too.
I dunno, guys—this is NOT our game, or YEAR! THAT was just absurd..and emblematic of how things have gone with and for us of late, it seems.
The theme for this whole season:
“What MIGHT have been??!”

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Has Grantham failed to adapt his defensive scheme, let sharp Coaches like Saban to catch on and catch up?
Then we get the INT—but then he FUMBLES. Damnit. We NEEDED that.
Can’t catch a break. And we lose another DB, too.
I dunno, guys—this is NOT our game, or YEAR! THAT was just absurd..and emblematic of how things have go with and for us of late, it seems.
The theme for this whole season:
“What MIGHT have been??!”

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So that was a 14-pt-swing on that ridiculous “INT/give-back”.
And that a stop turned back into a non-statistically noted “91 TD drive”.
We aren’t gonna win this one, friends.
Nope: We are gonna stay “ALMOST CLOSE” for a half to three quarters, only to get worn down by the 4th.
Mullen has his part of things covered BEAUTIFULLY...but Grantham has NOT had an effective plan NOR used what talent he has very well; that’s been an unfortunate trend from that desire of things most of this season.
That running-Trask play on 3rd and 9 was a waste.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So we are “staying close”—as in slow death. “Shoulda/woulda/coulda” been 14-0 US now!

Escambia94

Mick Hubert thinks Alabama is getting away with a lot of penalties. They missed intentional grounding and multiple holding calls. Still, the Gators are hanging on early.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If we don’t stop them, get the ball back, drive and get the lead here now, I will knock back at least one (maybe TWO) snifters back beyond the one I’m working on now, and then maybe put on Star Wars, hopefully eventually pass out without HAVING to “check back”.
Another STUPID, useless penalty.
We are foolish and undisciplined; we kill ourselves on Defense, and I HATE IT!
I have to put that squarely on Grantham.
His only real strength has always been pressuring the QB—and his charges (and/or scheme?) have gotten weaker and weaker at THAT.
It has taken me a while to come around to it enough to actually SAY it—but it may well be time to begin thinking about replacing him, Coach Dan.
What do YOU guys think? Any real shot at getting Charley back in here? Is that even a “true upgrade”? So what do the numbers say, @Escambia94, ?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mick Hubert thinks Alabama is getting away with a lot of penalties. They missed intentional grounding and multiple holding calls. Still, the Gators are hanging on early.
Yeah—well they are sure calling it close on US!
But we keep giving them extra chances at staying on the field! And we do it again! This is gonna do it.
He was short—but they called it a first, and there probably ISN’T “enough evidence”.
We had prev chances to stop them here back up the field, but penalties and weak play has allowed them to drive the field instead.
Got a feeling I’ll be bowing out here soon. Sorry, Guys.
This game is getting away from us here.
I don’t WANNA hear that damn train whistle anymore. (It seems to blow on BOTH teams’ touchdowns!)
We lose this one too badly, might not even rate a “New Years Game”.
Might leave it on my phone while I turn to other things (I don’t know about you—but the RUF feed comes too-delayed to match it with the CBS visuals...BUT:
If I just switch OFF the CBS telecast and leave it on the RUF feed only on my phone for a while, I can monitor our fate WITHOUT the noticeable delay.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is turning exactly the way I feared—exactly how it COULDN’T go if we were going to salvage something from this season, heading into NEXT.
I cannot wallow in this DE-evolution AWAY from all the promise and hope we felt not so very long ago.
And Grantham has no answers, it is clear. I am rapidly becoming a “thumbsdowner” on him.
(Of course, it COULD ALSO be the alcohol, though...)
ANOTHER penalty/mistake costs us a stop. We are getting tired, too.
I cannot watch this any longer now.
So much for 2020.

Escambia94

This looks about the same as the Alabama vs Texas A&M game. Alabama leads Florida 35-17 at the half. Alabama led Texas A&M 34-14 at the half.

Trask as a passer rating of 188.1. Jones has a passer rating of 190.1. Najee Harris has 3 TDs. Heisman voters can pick between Jones or Smith for Heisman and either is a good choice.

Edited to correct Najee Harris’ name.

Last edited:

Leakfan12

VIP Member
This looks about the same as the Alabama vs Texas A&M game. Alabama leads Florida 35-17 at the half. Alabama led Texas A&M 34-14 at the half.

Trask as a passer rating of 188.1. Jones has a passer rating of 190.1. Najee Smith has 3 TDs. Heisman voters can pick between Jones or Smith for Heisman and either is a good choice.

Najee HARRIS not SMITH though DEVONTE SMITH is having a good game. The three of them are (DANG IT). The Gators better scored a touchdown beginning in the second half or I hate to say Game Over but good chance it will be if the Gators don't score a TD to begin the second half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I’m torn between “A New Hope” and my Sat-night “bailout”-option on H&I Channel, where they play double episodes of old “Combat” and “Rat Patrol” episodes. Have been skipping those for Gator games and/or College Football Final to catch the latest commentary about where WE stand in the scheme-of-things PLAYOFF-wise...
NOT really a concern anymore, sad to say. So much talent—and we WERE in position to DO something with it there not so long ago...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unless my phone (which is set up now to Ring me if we get within 3points or better of Alabama) calls me, I won’t be back to analyze/suffer THRU anymore of the play-by-play on this one...
We are “our own worst enemies”—and NOT just in THIS game but IN GENERAL, in the whole way these last few games have played out. There are some common signs of this THROUGHOUT the play of our whole team, glaringly so in the games we lose—but in the course of the whole season in EVERY game to some extent.
It isn’t JUST on DEFENSE—but if our D was HALF as “thorough, efficient and COMPLETE” as our offense, we’d be in the PLAYOFFS, at LEAST...I truly believe that.
Meanwhile, I don’t see how we can make a serious move upward, find any REAL hope of improvement WITHOUT a drastic change on that side of the ball.
I mean, imagine even HALF the defense we’d gotten last few years along with the current Mullen offense with Trask under center: Do you DOUBT that this game and season would look a whole lot different??!
All those seasons of “half a team, plus that anemic offense”...only to find ourselves NOW “half a team, plus that anemic DEFENSE”!
Frustrating—and pretty damn ironic!
And the way it all flipped, and CAME TO THAT! No amount of cognac (tasty and warm though it is) will make THAT go down smoooth...
That will be my unavoidable argument, up for discussion in the aftermath to this one, barring some wave of the wand and irrepressible intervention by the FOOTBALL GODS!
I’ll be interested in Y’ALL’S take on this, in days to come. But I have neither answer nor comfort for you here and now.
“I wanna go to Alderran with you, Obi Wan...Learn the Force!” (LOL)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema