• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Scouting middle schoolers: Is it exploitation?

Should Middle School kids be evaluated as College Football recruits?

• Good, let them learn the process early.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No way, just let 'em play and enjoy the game!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I don't care, I would rather watch Basketball.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Opinions differ on Football University, which organizes camp for ages 12 to 14
..........He is among the thousands of youth football players being cultivated by a new company called Football University (FBU),
Some argue that the process of evaluating 12-, 13- and 14-year-olds has taken college football recruiting to the next level — a level where it doesn’t need to be. Others, including players and their parents, see nothing wrong with the phenomenon.
MORE
What do you think?

nismodrift

VIP Member
I think they should let them jus play if they do that too early then the kids get too egotistical and grow up to be butt faces, but high school is good enough because you actually start thinking of college, not middle school. Plus its just way too early imo, dont messup a young kids mind too early with your bs stuff.

nismodrift

VIP Member
I think that is too young, and they should let the kids learn and enjoy the sport at that age.

i think ur username should be change, I respect and like tebow alot, but I have no respect for people using websites as there usernames and trieing to pretty much advertise like that.

i think ur username should be change, I respect and like tebow alot, but I have no respect for people using websites as there usernames and trieing to pretty much advertise like that.

The admins can change it, I don't have access to do that. I just am a fan of Tebow's and joined here to meet other people who like him and UF in general. Sorry for voting and posting in this thread. The site I'm on is only for Tebow, so doesn't compete with this one, which is for all of UF, all sports, men's and women's. TotallyTebow is just for one player from all of UF.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
This FBU thing is the parents pushing a middle school aged kid into these types of camps, hoping they have a great high school career and get a sholarship in college. I'm sure the kids enjoy it, I would have loved to travel all over and get great coaching in middle school. But I wouldn't really think that colleges are already starting to look at middle school aged kids though, and like the article said, there is no way you can project that these kids will continue to grow and mature into great football players.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
I have mixed feelings.
I think it's great to encourage our kids to try to excel at sports and have healthy competition, but I hope this doesn't discourage the 'good' players from wanting to play because the 'great' players are getting all the attention.
My son loves football, is trying out for the high school freshman team this summer. He's been going to Coach Meyers' football camps for a couple summers. He's really good, and I think he'll do fine. But I don't know if he'll compete (or wish to compete) with these amazing star (parent-promoted) athletes! And this is only 8th->9th grade!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I think it's a good idea. I do not think that it will be curtailed. Look at how many other kind of "training schools" camps or whatever you want to call them, are available for kids to enhance their particular interest whether it's music, computers, etc....
This can only benefit the kids, even those that do not go to places like this fub. The competitive bar will be raised and the ones that are there because they just love the game will be pushed to achieve their own excellence by those that have set their goals and sights on their own futures.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema