• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Salisbury on UF/UM

Swamp-Master

Gator Fan
He says "conspiracy"...I say BS.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsUZt_xe7Sw"]YouTube - Miami and Florida Conspiracy[/ame]

shandsgator8

VIP Member
It took him over 3 minutes to say something that should have taken 25 seconds.

It could be a "conspiracy," but if it was, I highly doubt Florida is the only one who's a part of it.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Video is no longer available however I saw this comment from KipperJohnson from youtube

"Sean Salisbury has hated the University of Florida ever since 1982, when he quarterbacked his USCw team against the Gators in the Swamp.

Florida linebacker Wilber Marshall became a legend that day, harrassing and pounding Salisbury into submission in one of the greatest individual performances in college football history.

Salisbury was sacked by ESPN for insulting a colleague. Now he is doing this "conspiracy theory" thing.

Sad,"
:sign0081:

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Video is no longer available however I saw this comment from KipperJohnson from youtube

"Sean Salisbury has hated the University of Florida ever since 1982, when he quarterbacked his USCw team against the Gators in the Swamp.

Florida linebacker Wilber Marshall became a legend that day, harrassing and pounding Salisbury into submission in one of the greatest individual performances in college football history.

Salisbury was sacked by ESPN for insulting a colleague. Now he is doing this "conspiracy theory" thing.

Sad,"
:sign0081:

And that's why to this day he can't stand the Gators; he still holds a grudge against Wilber Marshall for all those sacks.

I never cared for him when he was working for ESPN, and when he was in the NFL he never amounted to anything more than a 3rd-string QB with Minnesota.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Personally I think all of this is ridiculous. Shannon needs to shut-up because he was much more guilty of running up the score in week 1 then Meyer was against Miami. Shannon had them go for it on 4th down with under 2 minutes left up by 40 plus points or something like that. They ended up scoring another TD on that drive to add on to their lead against a clearly over-matched team, so he has no room to talk.

Also, Phillips needed the game experience. We didn't try very hard to score the TD it didn't look like and then settled for the FG allowing Phillips some MUCH needed game time before a big game against Tennessee where he might be called upon.

castawaygator

VIP Member
Personally I think all of this is ridiculous. Shannon needs to shut-up because he was much more guilty of running up the score in week 1 then Meyer was against Miami. Shannon had them go for it on 4th down with under 2 minutes left up by 40 plus points or something like that. They ended up scoring another TD on that drive to add on to their lead against a clearly over-matched team, so he has no room to talk.

Also, Phillips needed the game experience. We didn't try very hard to score the TD it didn't look like and then settled for the FG allowing Phillips some MUCH needed game time before a big game against Tennessee where he might be called upon.

i couldn't agree more.
the only thing that makes it remotely fishy to me is that fact of the spread. do i think some big time gamble influenced the gators to meet the spread no! but it is funny how accurate the bookies were.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
And that's why to this day he can't stand the Gators; he still holds a grudge against Wilber Marshall for all those sacks.

I never cared for him when he was working for ESPN, and when he was in the NFL he never amounted to anything more than a 3rd-string QB with Minnesota.

If anything shouldn't he blame his O-line from not protecting him from Marshall? Also he did a OK job filling for McMahon and Gannon for the Vikings.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
He's obviously just mad that he took Miami with the points...haha.

That's what I'm thinking. All these Miami losers coming out of the woodwork about a freaking fieldgoal (ala Warren Sapp) are just pissed cause they lost a ton of money on the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema