• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Roper the new Offensive GURU

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Check out what Duke is doing to Texas A&M - that is the OC we are getting.

So with the hire of Roper as our new man to light the scoreboards up, What is everyone's thoughts on the hire? Me personally I really think Cut was the offensive mastermind at Duke but IDK. I hope he comes in and we click on all cylinders at the start of the season, but my gut tells me things might not be to much better. Hopefully Muschamp hands him the offense and says get us points I got the D, but I also believe that Muschamp is a little hard headed and might not do that. GO GATORS!
The REAL winner of the Chick-Fill-a Bowl?
The Florida GATORS!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
True, but we know better. How many fan bases have watched a team go from 0-10-1 to 8-4? Have some faith. Florida has too much talent and too many resources to be down for too long. It took a lot of fluke injuries and depth issues caused by years of coaching changes to get here.

Speaking of coaching changes, do not get comfortable yet. We are about to kick off 2014 with our 3rd OC and OLC in 4 years, 6th in a decade. Expect more turmoil with recruiting and problem players leaving. Kurt Roper has a reputation for being no nonsense: no slackers in practice, no slackers in the classroom, and no attitude problems.

I fully expect a few of our offensive players with discipline issues to be shocked by Roper's hardcore coaching and leave. Cutliffe and Roper together kicked a lot of good athletes off the team for being primadonnas, and they created depth by recruiting multiple players at the same position. South Florida high school 4 and 5 star kids tend to prefer the superstar treatment they get from FSU and Miami, so expect Florida to focus on developing 3 stars to perform like 5 stars, minus the sense of entitlement.
OK--I won't get caught in the "Yes, BUT--" circle...HOWEVER (notice that I found another word besides "but"), Damnit, I've gotta grab onto SOMETHING, and it isn't unreasonable to imagine what a healthy-bodied Muschamp-Defense, PLUS a revamped Roper-Offense, might accomplish next year (starting in a few hours, in fact).
I have decided here tonight to feel pretty GOOD about 2014, and our chances at not just a "nice turn-around", but a "startling resurgence". How "startling"? OK, I'll take the first plunge: 10-and-2 regular season. Mark it down.
(Alright, yeah: I've been drinking for several hours--and NOT "sippin' ", either. We were watching the Roper-Bowl, see, and there's this drinking game that's tied to scoring, so, well, you get the picture...)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I refuse to get excited until I see a good OLC hire and a decrease in injuries.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
By the way, before Pease in Gainesville, his Boise offense amassed more offense against UGA than any other offense in the SEC. That success did not translate Florida, and there is no guarantee that Roper can fix whatever is broken any better than Weis or Pease.

I have no idea what is wrong in Gainesville, but it appears Urban Meyer was onto something. Something is still broken.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well it started one could said when Meyer lost top assistants and were replaced by those who let's face weren't as good as Strong, Mullen, and Holliday among others. That BC Coach as the OC was a big mistake and Meyer kept him in because of loyalty. Though one can make a case JB4 and other players during 2010 to now who were highly touted out of high school didn't pan out. Ok 2012 was a good year but other than that, it's been a trying time after being one of the best of the country from 2006 to 2009.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
By the way, before Pease in Gainesville, his Boise offense amassed more offense against UGA than any other offense in the SEC. That success did not translate Florida, and there is no guarantee that Roper can fix whatever is broken any better than Weis or Pease.

I have no idea what is wrong in Gainesville, but it appears Urban Meyer was onto something. Something is still broken.
Well, FIRST: If there's anything "subsequent evidence" has revealed it's that it was NOT "Pease's offense" at Boise State...
You choose your own "reality", to some extent, and I'll take mine, thank you very much--until "subsequent evidence" proves otherwise. Makes for a better life, day-to-day, I assure you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema