• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rooting for OSU

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
For the first time in my life, I think I'll be rooting for OSU this weekend when they play Penn State. If Penn State beats OSU, they will most likely go undefeated and end up in the BCS Championship. With the way Texas is playing, it's likely they'll be there too.

We need Penn State to lose!

Susie

Gator Fan
I am going to be pulling for OSU too! But I want it to be a 1 to 3 pt win. I dont want a blow out! haha

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
I know, I tried to tell my friend (who's the biggest Buckeye fan you'll ever meet) this, and I could barely form the words.

lilChomp

VIP Member
but wouldn't OSU winning also move them ahead of Florida.

Yes for the time being... but no way in a hell a 1 loss OSU team goes to a BCS Championship game over a 1 loss Florida team.

We gotta hope OSU and Penn State both have 1 loss.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Yes for the time being... but no way in a hell a 1 loss OSU team goes to a BCS Championship game over a 1 loss Florida team.

We gotta hope OSU and Penn State both have 1 loss.

Exactly

Don't worry too much about the BCS ranking until after the SEC title game.

Voters will never allow a one loss OSU to jump a one loss USC, one loss Big 12 champ, or one loss SEC champ to play in a national title game.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
.................Voters will never allow a one loss OSU to jump a one loss USC, one loss Big 12 champ, or one loss SEC champ to play in a national title game.

Here is an interesting take on that, that I like, 'cause I can't bring myself to pull for those suckeyes..........
mj22k8.jpg

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Here is an interesting take on that, that I like, 'cause I can't bring myself to pull for those suckeyes..........
mj22k8.jpg

Good points; both we and LSU need to beat Georgia more than anything, especially where the SECCG is concerned. That, and the Vandy game for us is a must-win this year.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I think we need to realize that even if we win the rest of our games, but get left out of the national title game, we'll still play in a BCS game and will likely crush whoever we play.

I think it's good to be given the benefit of the doubt for next season.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I think we need to realize that even if we win the rest of our games, but get left out of the national title game, we'll still play in a BCS game and will likely crush whoever we play.

I think it's good to be given the benefit of the doubt for next season.

I'd be happy with a BCS bowl game, be it the Sugar Bowl, or as an at-large in the Orange or Fiesta bowl. That IMO would be an accomplishment for this team, and a BCS bowl win would be even sweeter.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
I really don't see Notre Dame beating USC. As a ND fan, I would LOVE to see it, but I don't think it'll happen!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I really don't see Notre Dame beating USC. As a ND fan, I would LOVE to see it, but I don't think it'll happen!

Notre Dame's slowly improving and is doing way better than they did last year, but they still have more rebuilding to do. I don't see them beating USC either, unless the football gods are pointing the "upset" finger at this game.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
So true but so funny! when was the last time we had to worry about that! :D

It might actually help the Gators that they have to worry about Vandy this year. Before last season's blow-out win, we've had some trouble against the 'Dores. Now we won't be able to afford looking past them.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
It might actually help the Gators that they have to worry about Vandy this year. Before last season's blow-out win, we've had some trouble against the 'Dores. Now we won't be able to afford looking past them.

Any of the remaining teams on our schedule, with the exception of The Citadel, are potential upsets and teams to worry about, as we should have learned by now after the Ole Miss loss. The SEC East is still up for grabs at this point in time, and if we want to get to Atlanta we need to win out EVERY remainning SEC game on the slate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema