• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

RBs

sbq80

VIP Member
Whats the word on RBs for the season.
Is the job Moore's to lose. How long is Moore's leash?
How close is Rainey to getting the #1 spot.
Speaking of Rainey what number is he wearing?? He is listed as #3 but there is another offense guy with #3 (Frazier) & you can have duplicate numbers as long as one is O & the other is D.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
My hunch says it's Moore's to lose. I'm sure Harvin, Rainey, Moody & Co. will be swapped in too. However, If Moore fumbles once in the first 3 games, he's no longer the starter, in my opinion.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
For some reason, I feel Moody will be the opening day starter. He showed some flashes during the O&B game. Of course he fumbled as well though. I think Meyer likes the guy too much not to start him.

I'm pretty sure Rainey will be wearing number 8.

sbq80

VIP Member
I thought he was going to wear #8, thats why I asked when I saw him as a #3.

No word from FL TV or anything 'official' about the RB situation.
I would ASSume its 1)Moore, 2)Rainey, 3)Moody but was looking for 'official'?!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
A couple of articles I've read at gatorsports.com make mention of Kestahn Moore being moved to fullback, and based on the fact that he's tough and effective as a blocker it makes sense.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Moore at fullback is a good gameplan, and if that doesnt happen, i expect him to start the first game at RB, but i dont think he will be able to hold on to the starting job

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Moore at fullback is a good gameplan, and if that doesnt happen, i expect him to start the first game at RB, but i dont think he will be able to hold on to the starting job

He won't be fullback fullltime, but this allows Meyer to use one of our other backs more than we would of been able to. At the moment, Moore is still the starting RB, but I expect Rainey to get a ton of carries and possibly takeover for Moore at some point, and Moody should get his fair share as well.

One thing that is a plus from the RB's is that Rainey and James are both good at catching the ball. So they can be put in the slot and you can have Moody at RB and Moore at FB. Lot's of options for Mr. Meyer. Don't forget about Williams, either. He's a bruiser.

gatorbucfan

Gator Fan
I'm surprised they didn't bulk up Brandon James and try to use him more at RB. He showed some flashes of being a good RB last year. Moore was a decent back, but add in the fumbles and he's a liability unless he's worked real hard in the offseason to get his ball control perfected. I haven't heard much on Rainey, I hope he can push for the starting position. Running Harvin all year at RB and WR will make it hard to keep him fresh for a NC run.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema