• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quarterback overload?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You reeled off just a few of the alternate lines-of-reality-and-possibility among a near-endless array of such past and future what-could-have-beens and what-might-still-bes: they line up like alternate complex rows of dominoes ready to be tipped, each line leading to a different surprise-ending. Sort of like that old game "Mousetrap". We have no idea how it will turn out, and while we hope for the best, the past hasn't been kind in this regard.
All things considered, I guess I'm HOPING we somehow ultimately get the benefit of BOTH of these freshman-QB's. Ideally I suppose a complete turn-about for JB THIS year, a good transitional "come-back season" while Driskell gets onfield experience and Brissett redshirts, then Driskell starring for a season or two, THEN Brissett, and maybe 2 or 3 BCS Championships in that span. That would be the ideal-made-real.
Meanwhile, there are all those OTHER possibilities out there, any one of which could start a chain reaction leading to mistakes, wrong turns, embarrassment or outright failure. It all became "possible" with the signing of a second highly-touted recruit at QB--but would we really have preferred NOT to have had him, not to have all the GOOD possible outcomes as well?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Maybe the difference for Brissett/ Driskel will be if Will Muschamp allows either to do football and baseball/ basketball. I should follow other sports more often. Basketball runs October to March. Baseball runs February to June. If Brissett does not get the starting QB role, maybe he won't defect if he lands a spot on the basketball team. Same with Driskel on the baseball team. That's the difference between these kids and Portis or Berlin.

204 days until football season. 57 days to Orange and Blue debut.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, great, MORE variables to (try to) consider...oh well, "the more the merrier", as someone once said.
"There is a pain between my ears", as someone else once said. It's too much to keep track of and puzzle out.
I think I'll just try to settle back and wait to see how it all turns out. Spring practice just weeks away!

(P.S. Any chance this regime WON'T close practices? Maybe at least open up one or two a week?
I can see rationales for going either way--but unless it has strategic value in relation to our eventual opponents, well, I'm for opening things up WIDE.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I heard a rumor from a Bull Gator who heard from an uncle of an inside source that practices would be open under the new regime.

It may have made sense to close practice under the old regime:
1. The offense relied on trick-eration and deception and we could not afford to have others see our tricks
2. The offense was run by an incompetent boob and they did not want everyone to see Addazio eating paint chips and picking his nose instead of coaching offense

We should not have those kind of problems this year. I bet Temple has closed practices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema