• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Postgame #5:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just did a fairly quick review of the 4th quarter in today's game against Towson--MAINLY in order to focus on EMORY JONES' performance in some detail (Coach decided this time to essentially just turn the whole 2nd string offense over to him for the 4th quarter).
Truth is I was distracted for much of the actual realtime event-in-progress at the time--summing up the game on our gameday site as it wound down AND MISSING A certain amount due to my system's having trouble streaming efficiently right then.
My main observation NOW concerns Emory, who though mainly charged just with cleaning up, finishing the game in a quick and efficient manner and generally just "putting a bow on it", in the process along the way almost casually demonstrated aspects of his amazing talent and dazzling skills; on a quick and smooth clock-burning drive, he drove the second-string offense down the field with a mix of powerful, slashing runs and sharp passes--eventually ending impressively with a play that used BOTH, beating the defender (faked him outta his pants, as they say), then suddenly pulling up and firing a downfield strike to his receiver breaking free across AND downfield. It was an amazing demonstration not just of his skills alone but the manner in which he is already able to use them--and eventually will, on a regular basis with the FIRST string, hopefully for us.
At that moment I finally, forcefully and completely GOT all the hype about him, and why Mullens must be very careful in trying to make sure he stays interested, STAYS HERE AT FLORIDA.
All the things Mullens must once have envisioned eventually having an opportunity of doing with an offense run by Cam Newton, all that and MORE I think he now imagines he can someday elaborate on with Emory Jones at the helm. Don't you TOO salivate at the idea of giving them the opportunity to make that happen, make it real?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not surprisingly, NO ONE in the media is picking UF in this NEXT one as discussion opens in the aftermath of what they saw this past weekend.
Thing is, I think maybe that is mostly based on what the very same people said about (and think they SAW IN) the two teams' repective games and competition in those games. But personally, I'm not so sure we showed so badly; I am NOT AT ALL sure the teams we faced were so much weaker that day, nor what was required of and shown BY US this past Saturday so much LESS than the competition Auburn in fact faced the same day. If I'm wrong, it'll show; if I'm right, it will be a BATTLE.
What is more, the talk is of our "banged up secondary--BOTH sides of the ball"...it is said that we are and will be "tired and lacking depth"...Well, if we get a good portion of those guys back (and the somewhat quiet--suppressed?--word out of team reports is that they have all "been on the mend", at least SOME "COULD have gone this past weekend", and that there is quiet hope that most, perhaps ALL will be playable, at worst a "gametime decision" in all cases), how will THAT affect our chances? I'd LIKE to think it ups our chances...An "October Surprise"? (LOL --bit of an old political reference, for those who follow such things...)

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema