• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Play Calling

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
It means MORE than a lot to me; we're on the verge of accomplishing something that has never been done in the history of Gator football. However, I can't speak for all the negative-nancies and the constant whiners who expect this team to be picture-perfect and nothing less, and frankly I'm sick and tired of all their nonsense.

Don't use the word "perfect". This team isn't perfect, nor will they ever be. Those who demand perfection from this team need to re-think their priorities.

Don't underestimate this team; when they know they're facing a vaunted rival or key game they still find a way to win. On any given day, any team can win - the tough ones and the smart ones will overcome adversity. We have the talent to make it happen; I have faith in them and know they can iron out the rough spots before the F$U game and Atlanta.

I, and most of these "negative nancies", don't expect perfection. We expect a solid effort and to see a team play to its talent level. What we've seen is a team that has sputtered, a team that has looked sluggish, and a team that I believe has generally played under its talent level, especially on offense. Yes, they're 10-0, but the questions are still there if this team can put it all together in this stretch run when they will have to play FSU to finish the regular season, Alabama in the SEC championship, and probably Texas in the NC.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I, and most of these "negative nancies", don't expect perfection. We expect a solid effort and to see a team play to its talent level. What we've seen is a team that has sputtered, a team that has looked sluggish, and a team that I believe has generally played under its talent level, especially on offense. Yes, they're 10-0, but the questions are still there if this team can put it all together in this stretch run when they will have to play FSU to finish the regular season, Alabama in the SEC championship, and probably Texas in the NC.

For most of us, a "W" is most important. We didn't put up spectactular numbers in 2006 and didn't have as dynamic an offense as we did in 2008, but we had the other intangibles that got us as far as we did - and I see a lot of parallels between our 2006 team and the current, naturally with the edge going to the 2009. As long as we win, that's what matters. I could care less what the media or the critics think - these kids are focused, these coaches have put all their heart into this program - and I'm sick and tired of all the constant criticism and complaining this season. No matter what this team does, there are still those who can't and/or won't be satisfied - and that's really not fair to these kids who are proud to wear the Orange and Blue week in and week out.

To paraphrase a recent quote by Tim Tebow, he stated that the driving force behind this team is a solid defense -and that so happens to be one of the tenets of Coach Meyer's Plan to Win. Defense won us last year's National Championship, and that was also the case in 2006. Should we win back-to-back titles this year, we'll likely win due to a strong defensive effort.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
For most of us, a "W" is most important. We didn't put up spectactular numbers in 2006 and didn't have as dynamic an offense as we did in 2008, but we had the other intangibles that got us as far as we did - and I see a lot of parallels between our 2006 team and the current, naturally with the edge going to the 2009. As long as we win, that's what matters. I could care less what the media or the critics think - these kids are focused, these coaches have put all their heart into this program - and I'm sick and tired of all the constant criticism and complaining this season. No matter what this team does, there are still those who can't and/or won't be satisfied - and that's really not fair to these kids who are proud to wear the Orange and Blue week in and week out.

To paraphrase a recent quote by Tim Tebow, he stated that the driving force behind this team is a solid defense -and that so happens to be one of the tenets of Coach Meyer's Plan to Win. Defense won us last year's National Championship, and that was also the case in 2006. Should we win back-to-back titles this year, we'll likely win due to a strong defensive effort.
I agree the "W" is most important. All I've been saying is that many of these people who are labeled "complainers", "whiners" etc. have questions if we can turn it on and play solid football for 60 minutes, which is what it will take to go 14-0.

As for comparing this team to 2006, I don't really see it.

2006: very tough schedule (most Gator fans would've been happy before the season with 2-3 losses), low expectations, but the team consistently played solid, mistake-free football even though they weren't blowing people out.

2009: easy schedule, high expectations, team has not consistently played at the level they are capable of playing at

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I agree the "W" is most important. All I've been saying is that many of these people who are labeled "complainers", "whiners" etc. have questions if we can turn it on and play solid football for 60 minutes, which is what it will take to go 14-0.

2006: very tough schedule (most Gator fans would've been happy before the season with 2-3 losses), low expectations, but the team consistently played solid, mistake-free football even though they weren't blowing people out.

2009: easy schedule, high expectations, team has not consistently played at the level they are capable of playing at

To each his own; we can never seem to agree on anything so let's leave it at that.

ShortBus

VIP Member

schedule isn't that easy when everyone is gunning for you, giving you their best shot. Think about it, everyone knows we're trying to repeat. and we stand a very good chance at it. of course everyone is going to give us everything they have. now maybe if we didn't win the championship last year it might be easier cause teams aren't going to pull out all the stops.

I haven't been THRILLED by the play calling, but it's been acceptable. it's winning us football games. if we win by 200 pts or 1 pt, i don't care as long as it brings home another crystal football january 7th, i could care less. Winning is winning. to quote the worst 'race' movie of all time... "it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema