• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Percy Harvin

Will Percy end up being the best receiver ever at UF?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

sbq80

VIP Member
I know it is just 'opinions'
I was just saying the origional question was best WR @ UF, than switched to best Pro Gator WR.

Top 3 UF WRs
Doering
R Anthony
Alverez/McGriff - tie

greggcowan

VIP Member
I agree with the earlier comment...that list is a very long one. Harvin in a lights out performer.... But I don't know about the best receiver ever.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Just wanted to point out: Having the best statistics doesn't necessarily make you the best WR ever at a school. A lot of these guys that played in the '90s under Spurrier led teams had very good passing Quarterbacks they caught the ball from and the QB threw the ball almost all the time. Now Percy is in a spread offense. We 'spread' the ball around to different Wide outs and run just as much as we pass. Now imagine Percy in a pure passing offense. One coached by a great mind like Steve Spurrier. With his speed and skills he could average 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs a season easily. He is on pace for over 1000+ yards Receiving this year. All I'm saying is don't look purely at the statistics to determine the best player. Danny, so far, is the best QB ever at UF. Not just because of the stats, but because of 4 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship. Percy is the most skilled play I may have ever seen.:bananajump:

I think Harvin will be in college stats-wise the best as far as UF, but he is much different than a traditional WR. If he doesn't set the record for RB/WR's, I'd be surprised. Pro is totally different.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I don't think Harvin will end up with the best WR stats because he is not a pure WR in our system.

Although it's hard to dispute what GG8 posted.

awebbf5

VIP Member
yeah i agree gaffney was a beast plus with reche and taylor jacobs thats was a great wide reciever group.Cant forget about anthony,hilliard,and green,theres been to many good wide recievers for us I dont think harvin will end up in the top 3 best.

nismodrift

VIP Member
well anyways right now Harvin is our main weapon within the spread offense anyways I think he is really amazing for what he does, he isn't mainly a receivers he's an all-around athlete. I think he is the best athlete we've ever had.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Jabar Gaffeny is the best or maybe Chad Jackson so far I dont think he can be tht dominant just because of the size aspect of it..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema