• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ole Miss Rebels vs. #4 Florida Gators Game Thread

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
UF Tradition : Never taking a Mississippi school seriously.

That's why we always play terrible against them.

Turnovers were absolutely terrible, play call on 4th down was terrible, and Tebow overthrowing open receivers that would have been TD's was terrible. It was obvious that no player or coach really took this game seriously.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Ackk, why oh why do I let myself get so excited every year for the last 35 years only to usually be let down. What happened today???????????????????????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

i know how u feel,i was so excited for a undefeated season,but the bright side is weve never went undefeated to win the natl championship.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Quote: awebbf5: i know how u feel,i was so excited for a undefeated season,but the bright side is weve never went undefeated to win the natl championship.

Yeah, on the espn halftime report, they said when usc lost this week, they were wondering if they could get back up on top... that would be hard. But, they said, Florida has a better chance, since we play the SEC, we'll be able to pull ahead again. (Of course, that means we have to play better than today... Timmy said in press conference, he promises they will)

shandsgator8

VIP Member
We could have won if we oh, I dunno:

1. Fumble it only twice
2. Connect at least once deep down field for a touchdown (out of 3 wide open tries)
3. Not go for it on our opening drive on the 2nd 4th down (I was screaming at Meyer to kick the FG)
4. Call a different 4th down play at the end of the game since we were on our 3rd string offensive lineman.
5. Not have our PAT blocked

All we had to do was accomplish one of the above, and we likely would have won.

I just hope Alabama and Auburn win their games today.

flgatorgirl

VIP Member
Oh my God. Who goes for it on 4th and 1 and a half, when we didn't even need a touch down? We were in field goal range, if we kicked it, we just might have won. But then again, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.
This is the first time in a long time I'm truely pissed at just about everyone on the team, and the coaching staff.:mad0235:

MikeStone

Gator Fan
Go Rebs

Maybe you guys should remember that Ole Miss and Mississippi State are in the SEC. Spurrier never beat MSU in Starkville and it's 3 of the last 4 for the Rebels.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Oh my God. Who goes for it on 4th and 1 and a half, when we didn't even need a touch down? We were in field goal range, if we kicked it, we just might have won. But then again, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.
This is the first time in a long time I'm truely pissed at just about everyone on the team, and the coaching staff.:mad0235:

There was NO WAY Phillips or Sturgis would have made a 48 yard field goal. It was the right call to go for it on fourth and one and it was the right call to let Tebow run it.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I don't blame Meyer for going for it to end the game, but I do blame him for going it on our first offensive drive. Also, we should have called a slightly different play since we were on our 3rd string offensive lineman (guard?)

jamjimmy

Gator Fan
From the way we have played so far this year I have a bad feeling that we will lose 2 to 3 more games. Georgia, LSU, Vandy, South Carolina and Florida State are all capable of beating us. I think it's going to be a long season for us, hopefully we can win from here on out but I am scared. :helpsmilie:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema