• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Oklahoma''s DeMarco Murray to have surgery, miss BCS title game

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
Good thing for OU, we have more than just one running back that can start for just about any team in the country this year.

Sucks losing him because Murray is a very good compliment to what Brown does. He is a slasher where Brown is the more up the middle pound and bang type. But Mossis Madu will fill in fine and is just as fast and elusive.

Good thing for OU, we have more than just one running back that can start for just about any team in the country this year.

Sucks losing him because Murray is a very good compliment to what Brown does. He is a slasher where Brown is the more up the middle pound and bang type. But Mossis Madu will fill in fine and is just as fast and elusive.

I hope OU fans do not hate me because of this but I happen to like brown more than Murray anyways so we gator fans can not think this is going to be an easy win because of someone going down!

Go Gators!!!

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I hope OU fans do not hate me because of this but I happen to like brown more than Murray anyways so we gator fans can not think this is going to be an easy win because of someone going down!

Go Gators!!!

The Sooner fans will not hate you for saying that. Chris Brown is a very good running back, and very powerful.

The Sooner fans will not hate you for saying that. Chris Brown is a very good running back, and very powerful.

People make brown out to be the power back and yeah he is powerful but i believe he can be fast as well. I don't think he is as fast as a demp's, harvin, rainey but he isn't far be hide.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
People make brown out to be the power back and yeah he is powerful but i believe he can be fast as well. I don't think he is as fast as a demp's, harvin, rainey but he isn't far be hide.

LOL. Well...OU is just an overall slower team...so they say.

People make Brown out to be a power back, because he is our RB that comes in on short yardage. Chris Brown is fast, but being fast does not mean you cannot be powerful.
Ryan Broyles, I guarantee you is every bit as fast as the three you mentioned. So is our CBs.

It will be fun watching and hear Florida Fans be in awe of OU's team speed.

People make Brown out to be a power back, because he is our RB that comes in on short yardage. Chris Brown is fast, but being fast does not mean you cannot be powerful.
Ryan Broyles, I guarantee you is every bit as fast as the three you mentioned. So is our CBs.

I know OU is fast they have to be in order to be where they are now But I doubt they will be as fast as demps the fastest EVER coming outta high school. I don't think Florida is super fast and I don't think OU is slow either. In order to be where they are now They have to have speed. I promise you I'm not a OU hater either...Like some gator fans

ShortBus

VIP Member

umm... demps runs a 4.0 in the 40.. can broyles do that?

demps is by far the fastest runner on our team.. blink and he's in the endzone.

and don't be fooled with our CB's either, they're extremely quick as well.

OU_Sooners75

Gator Fan
I know OU is fast they have to be in order to be where they are now But I doubt they will be as fast as demps the fastest EVER coming outta high school. I don't think Florida is super fast and I don't think OU is slow either. In order to be where they are now They have to have speed. I promise you I'm not a OU hater either...Like some gator fans

Track Speed and football speed are two very different things.

Trust me when I say this. Demps is no different than some of the players we have gone up against this year.

I know I will not change any minds, and I am not here for that. But I wish you all would stop acting as if Florida is flat out faster than everyone else in the nation.

We heard the same crap from Florida State fans in 2000.

This game will come down to discipline and execution, just like any other big time game with evenly matched teams. The speed of one maybe even two players will not effect the outcome of the game unless the opposition plays undisciplined.

Sorry my gator faithful but Our demps run's the 40 in 4.34 not a 4 flat...But Harvin has some major game speed...I still think he is our fastest player with the football

castawaygator

VIP Member
This game will come down to discipline and execution, just like any other big time game with evenly matched teams. The speed of one maybe even two players will not effect the outcome of the game unless the opposition plays undisciplined.

really!!! how about the speed of 3 or more players like demps, rainey, james and harvin? while the D is making an attempt to keep up with them, this will free up space for tebow or moody to pound the ball forward.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Sorry my gator faithful but Our demps run's the 40 in 4.34 not a 4 flat...But Harvin has some major game speed...I still think he is our fastest player with the football

Demps is definitely the fastest with the ball in his hands. When that guy hits the corner, it's damn near over.

ShortBus

VIP Member

coulda sworn he ran a 4 flat..

and i guess i got it confused with his 100 meter dash at 10 flat

ShortBus

VIP Member
honestly I think harvin is faster with pads on and with the ball in his hands.. but demps isn't no slouch or slow by any means.. he is small and physically tough. not to mention hard to tackle. he's going to be great when he learns how to hold onto them slippery footballs lol

honestly I think harvin is faster with pads on and with the ball in his hands.. but demps isn't no slouch or slow by any means.. he is small and physically tough. not to mention hard to tackle. he's going to be great when he learns how to hold onto them slippery footballs lol

lol I hate to do it again but he didn't run the 100 meter in 10 flat...He ran in it 10.02 close enough to 10 flat tho...Harvin is just a can score from anywhere well wait so is demps...Almost all his TD's are over 35 yards. Harvin can get away from anyone because he is bigger and stronger but I like demp's a lot I think he'll get strong and faster as he grows at Florida.

ShortBus

VIP Member
damn dude. 10.02 is considered 10 flat by most people. get off your high horse.

and i love demps i love when he gets the ball. he's quickly becoming a touch the ball and score guy much like harvin is now. and he's only a true freshman (of course so was harvin when he first started breaking out.. and look at where he is now) i think next year and next he'll just be even more lethal than he is now. same with rainey. even if harvin leaves next year as long as tebow stays I think we'll still have a team plenty capable of winning it all (3 in 4 years... sure would be sweet to win this one and next)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema