• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official game Thread Week 9: NR Florida Gators vs #1 Georgia Bulldogs "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" 10/29/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One last thought before I go:
We ARE left with one last piece of "High Ground".
This Coach CAN be the guy who helps us TRY to "FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!"
With our support, maybe he CAN rebuild us "the right WAY"...It all depends.
Will he GET the kind of time that this will take?
Can he really DO it, in ANY amount of time, given how the world is changing and how all that is cynically reflected in the modern era of CFB Playoff football?
I think we'll at least have some idea in a reasonable amount of time. THAT much faith and loyal support I can give this man AND our much-loved and now long-suffering program.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Double whammy:
Can't get up for Florids/Georgia, AND apparently can't (or WON'T) play for Billy Napier...well, now we know we were DOOMED FROM THE START with this bunch.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So. Peaked in for a moment here in the 4th quarter. Appears we woke up for a while in the 3rd (Billy managing to push a FEW of these dullards' buttons, getting them to respond after a few words and moves at the half?) , actually began to finally DO a few things, get back IN this thing...but I guess THAT couldn't last.
Looks like we "backed down" this time after all.
Back to reality.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gators got as close as 20-28 in the 3rd quarter before the Leghumpers shut out the Gators for the remainder of the game. Richardson took care of the ball, but most of 120 of his 270 yards came in two plays. The run game was in the negative throughout most of the first half. He only gained 19 yards on the ground, and again appeared injured.

The 3rd quarter was probably the best the Gators have played all season against real competition. That third quarter was probably the most the Bulldogs have been challenged all year.

Attachments

• C31B5CA6-26CD-41DE-B904-9EB9A730D8E8.jpeg
    C31B5CA6-26CD-41DE-B904-9EB9A730D8E8.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 67

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Not many posts there, usually it's 4-5 pages. Yes, we knew what was going to happen. I wished the Refs gave Georgia some PI calls including the one in the end of the second quarter (seriously how did they not see the UGA receiver pushed off?). Also Georgia won the College Bowl.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Well, getting a glance at the Twitter P.O.V. gave me a different look--NOT just at the TONE of assorted Gators generally, but a different CONTEXT--especially when you realize that a large portion of those included in this sample were from various members of what can best be referred to as "The more recent Gator FAMILY"!
(...And by-the-WAY: I can't help but wonder what, if ANYTHING, Ahmad Black might have to say to his young soon-to-be-FORMER-player "Cormani" when they next meet; matter of fact, I have had some background details of THAT whole fiasco filled in by someone who--in association with some of the close, FAMILY-level sharing among them, were left somewhat embarrassed and exposed by the young man's little public mind game that he chose, was somehow prevailed upon by "newfound-MIAMI-friends", to PLAY upon what may well soon be "FORMER-friends, mentors and one-time allies".
There are a whole lot of frayed nerves, broken promises, stray reversals and hurt feelings--the overall such "feeling" one of a certain betrayal in the aftermath of this one ("...not the decision itself so much as the WAY it was HANDLED!").
So after hearing all THAT in the last 24 hours, it was interesting seeing Ahmad Black's name and tweet in particular included.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not many posts there, usually it's 4-5 pages. Yes, we knew what was going to happen. I wished the Refs gave Georgia some PI calls including the one in the end of the second quarter (seriously how did they not see the UGA receiver pushed off?). Also Georgia won the College Bowl.
Agreed...AND I still say that FIRST hit, the one on AR's already well-taped injured-leg as he trotted out of bounds at the end of his first break from the pocket, was A LATE HIT OUT-OF-BOUNDS; Richardson came up lame and I swear was definitely "off", limping around for sure the rest of the first half--and NEVER fully quite back up to "par" the whole game.
But there is SO MUCH money on the line out there in College Football now, these officials are at the center of all that and that is JUST THE WAY THINGS ARE NOW.
But maybe it's a whole different GAME if these players "came to play" starting the FIRST quarter like they did after Billy somehow prevailed upon them prior to the THIRD...That they "CAME OUT TO PLAY" the GAME (from the START) in the first half like they did in the SECOND.
THERE were likely a whole LOTTA reasons and factors in all that playing a part in what we saw on the field, but the fact still remains:
We didn't really get a chance to see even what THIS Gator squad might have been capable of achieving out there today, let alone what a fully fixed, properly assembled and prepared, with time, practice, strategy and proper planning with a team of Napier's OWN choosing and stewardship. I look forward with confident RELISH to a similar Saturday 3 or 4 years HENCE!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Florida Gators can rest easy knowing they still have the record for most consecutive games scoring at 424 games. Walk-on kicker gets the Gators on the board with a 52-yard field goal.
Gee--I was REAL WORRIED about all that.
Yeah--WOOHOO! Wave that Gator flag!
We may not have shown up at gametime to PLAY, but we eventually manage a fg before the half.
28-to-3. It is just a marvelous day to be a Florida Gator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema