• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 5: Florida Gators 13 at #23 Mississippi St Bulldogs 6, September 29, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey--uncalled (phony) "targeting" on that runback (called it on our guy early--but of COURSE not called same way for them).
It's hard bein' a Gator--only way "out" is UP: TO THE TOP! So we take our lumps now, see what we have to do--and DO it. If not today, well, we learn, grow, and get BETTER.
Wish Franks would learn to get RID of that ball sooner in those situations. Hasn't seemed to make enough progress in that regard. But I THINK this time it was because Mullens DID have a long one in mind. Just have a bad feeling they will get around to FEASTING on our depleted secondary... Only HOPE is for us to get a lead, FORCE them to force their air game a little more, give our D a chance at some picks.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just "playing it close" for now--which is fine I suppose long as our D can hold... but we are slowly entering "death by a thousand cuts" territory.
Gonna need a break or two our way...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fast half. Like to see us keep 'em off tge board any further, at least.
But gonna have to score at least a TOUCHDOWN to win this ANYWAY.
SO: 6-3 at the half, looks like.
All together, I like a MULLENS team chances going into 2nd half with that score. But will it BE "that score"???
Do we take a time out here? Announcers criticizing Mullens for not calling time before now: Mullens just wanted shot at punter and punt--Like a lot of us, I think he's fairly satisfied to go in down just 3.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, after an infuriatingly unfair start, with all the noise and emotion behind a ridiculous call and ejection levied against our D, we aren't embarrassing ourselves from that point on.
We don't meet this program again for 5 years: They'll look back to realize that THIS, the years under Mullens and the squad he left healthy and contending when we met them here, was their "high water mark"...But it was more like OUR "starting point". Prediction: By that "next" game, we'll be a national POWERHOUSE they'll be JUST as psyched to play--but only because playing us by then will mean we get EVERYONE'S best--or else! "Or else" you get destroyed early. Only one team out there like that now--and that's where we aim to be: We'll do it our own way, but Mullens understands that in the end, it is the ONLY acceptable standard.
For now, it's "small steps", the details you can and MUST pay attention to, master, before you can even TURN to the eventual BIG PICTURE. SO many different components to that "future picture" have to be acquired, fitted into place and tightly coordinated with the rest to build the MONSTER-TO-BE. We're still FAR from there. Not even time to TALK about it yet. No; Let's just see where we are now--what we can do with one half, down 3, on the road at someone ELSE'S place, someone noisy and with every reason to wanna show us, BEAT us into their home field.
Let's see where we're at so far, just a few games into our new identity, way undermanned from who we plan to be.
And can this QB lift his team? That is one of the things that could change this game, turn it to our advantage. That, and our D getting the ball for him for short field opportunities, are what I'm looking for.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Holding--of course: They will call that on us every time. Damn shame.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
3rd and long, after almost breaking it open. Loud again too.
Fuck. Not Franks'fault, obviously--receiver bats up ball right in his chest.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D starting to assert itself with pressure. Gotta work around to it, but Franks shoukd take another shot deep. He throws that deep ball well--and we have some speed out there now. Gotta give him some protect, tho'...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I still don't feel like we have CONTROL over this one; It's like THEY can take it if they execute--They are beating THEMSELVES so far...but if we can continue to hold em, slow them down on offense and give it back to ours...oooh! Almost bursts away there: That's what we gotta DO--get the lead in the 4th quarter, we COULD take this thing (there! Said it... Not saying that'll be what happens, just how we COULD)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's weird. I sorta accepted defeat here early--and still can't say I feel any real confidence--But TOUCHDOWN!!
Was ABOUT to say I coukd "feel it changing", swinging our way.
Double pass from Toney gets us the lead.
Now, play tough, absorb the blows they are about to try and hit US with, fight them off and get the lead by the 4th, and who knows? This is no Championship Team, no "vintage edition" Gator squad by any means, but there ARE "turning points" in the return and rise of a program--and this could be an EARLY one if they could manage this. Batted ball interception, dropped long ball--then it is US who drive back and score. Interesting...

awebbf5

VIP Member
Sorry I'm late guys. We are in a fight but loving our guys toughness tonight. I really think this team is growing and getting out of shark humpers mentality.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
RB waited too long...gotta get in behind yoyr blockers there--but saved by another tight Franks pass, good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema