• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 4: Florida Gators 47 at Tennessee Volunteers 21, September 22, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OH. MY. GOD. ... Seeming TD for them turns into a touchback...
Under review--shouldn't have happened in FIRST place on 4th down--but we get it back instead.
Starting to feel like it is being HANDED to us. But our Offense hasn't been all that sharp--in fact, we have bumbled and shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly on offense. I am starting to get sick of Franks' limitations. Without a steady running game, we don't HAVE a reliable offense.
Hell, we haven't looked any better than the Vols from that side of things.
D stops them here, I CHALLENGE this offense to mount just ONE DRIVE. It COULD more or less put this one away!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Even though that penalty was against Tennessee, that was a bad call from the referees.

Escambia94

I can tell by the way the referees are vomiting yellow flags that the second half is going to be defined by some questionable calls .

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. We seem bout to let them back in this one. They score, get ball back to start 2nd half, and they will at least FEEL like they are coming back.
And our offense has done practically NOTHING (since being set up for 2 short drives early). I feel they have, if anything, let UP over the course of this half.
Hey, O! You've gotten plentybof rest! How about YOU play your hearts out, like the D?
(D's been on the field far too much this half, too...Just trying to get to half and rest by now)--And they get us ball BACK AGAIN!!! WHAT A HALF FROM OUR BEAT UP DEFENSE!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
At this point, you TRY to "set up pass with RUN..."
Look, we drive this in and score, go to half, we are STYLING!
(BUT do NOT throw stupid pick)
Why did they suddenly STOP "RUN FIRST" in red zone? That was weird series at end there. Take the 3--but we coulda buried them with a drive-it-down-your-throats TD there.
Ah well, every ONE of us woulda taken a "26-3 Florida" first half if told about it before game...
Still: Thanks to Franks and a generally choppy game, questionably called and inconsistently executed, from the Gator offense, you just don't get the overwhelming feeling of confidence in that lead, do you? I sure as hell will wanna see a stop from our D (ANOTHER one) to starr the 2nd half, then a real, honest to goodness well-planned and executed DRIVE from our offense to begin to relax, enjoy this one...As it stands, I'm still afraid what would be viewed as am absolute disaster of a collapse is possible from here--All it would take is for us to sit and WAIT for them now: Our offense continue to do NOTHING, while they finally wake up against our by-the-4th-quarter-gonna-be-TIRED defense...Our offense has to pick THEM up, comethrough for ALL OF US now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If OUR offense is the one that gets untracked, though, this one is ours. They made TOO many big mistakes to even be IN this (which is the part that still worries me--'cause though on EDGE of "out of reach", it ISN'T yet, and they ARE still "IN it"). Still, all our offense has to do now is cone out, play them straight up even--drive the ball, run the clock, take what they give us...which means THEY have to gamble more, BOTH sides of ball. Stay calm, play our game, run some clock--and by hook or crook, this one SHOULD be a Gator victory.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In fact, SOMEHOW our Coaches HAVE to get our whole team to approach the 2nd half with the start-of-GAME, "We are tied going out there" mentality. Anything else might lead to disaster, I'm telling you.
But ours is a young team. I do not WISH to see them learn THAT lesson. Not at the expense of all OUR hopes and weathered suffering up til now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here we go--and FUMBLE on kickoff!
Gator ball! Special teams AGAIN.
LETS take this game! Scarlett runs it in on next play!
And Vols just did the old "matador tackling" there on that play. Hey--I think maybe those Vol fans leaving might be right: This one coukd be over NOW.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our offense continues to do NOTHING. The really disappointing part is how choppy, inconsistent and POORLY CALLED from a tactical standpount this game continues to be from our offensive braintrust. And sooner or later, at this rate, Franks will throw a pick. And our D is gonna be REAL tired in the rth now, no matter WHAT happens. Gotta hope they can shut em down til then, at least.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And D does it again!! They get ANOTHER GREAT PICK! And they keep THEIR unit off the field for a while too. Just a breathtaking performance from this proud, but hurting, defense. Harkens back to the defenses that won championships.
CAN THIS OFFENSE HOLD BALL JUST FOR AWHILE???!!!
I mean, good as the D jad been, that's how outright crap the offense has been--esoecially Franks and the pasing "attack" in general. I would honestly considet putting Trask in to try and run some clock. (Maybe thats why I'M not Coach, though; I know Mullens has his own, prob wider reasons for WHATEVER he does--but not enough time is getting taken off clock with our possessions.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I dunno...Gotta hope we're far enough ahead, D playing too well and Vols too disheartened for us to crumble and fall that far now--even WITH all this time left...
IF we can get to 4th without THEM scoring, shoukd be fine. But all in all, I am remibded of the apocryphal old story of New York Giants unstoppable defense in the FIFTIES, running off field after taking ball back again, hall-of-famer Sam Huff says to the offensive unit as they run onto field, "Hold 'em."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another 3 and out for us (tho LOOKS lije he realy MADE 1st).
Have y'all noticed? Our OFFENSE has DETERIORATED over the last few weeks, from what I can see. Do the stats back that impression up? At one point, I began to think Franks could be our QB for a coupla seasons--but by THIS point I think not: Does Mullens begin to rethink HIS options?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just nervously hoping we can get to 4th qtr without giving UP anything.
And now "freely substituting" to rotate in rested youngsters is beginning to tell.
If we can get to 4th without giving up a quick TD, though, we SHOULD be abke to put this away...Aw crap. This is what concerns me. Now we need another BIG PLAY from the D--and they are winded.
Damnit--Vols will prob score TD here.

Escambia94

Just nervously hoping we can get to 4th qtr without giving UP anything.
And now "freely substituting" to rotate in rested youngsters is beginning to tell.
If we can get to 4th without giving up a quick TD, though, we SHOULD be abke to put this away...Aw crap. This is what concerns me. Now we need another BIG PLAY from the D--and they are winded.
Damnit--Vols will prob score TD here.
Jim McElwain is not running through that tunnel.

The Gators are bad, but the toothless inbreeders are worse.

Escambia94

Adam Amin, Rod Gilmore, and Quint Kessenich are complete idiots. I need to mute their commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema