• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 12: #10 Florida Gators 23, Missouri Tigers 6 11/16/19

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
2E40B21B-7855-4485-ADA7-A585B837B997.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This game amounts to a litmus test of fandom:
If you’re “just happy to see us in there fighting no matter at WHAT level”, well that’s one definition of “a good fan” too.
But then there are the rest of us, probably the minority and maybe not even in many eyes the worthiest ones, who just figure we have reached a certain level—and it is time that Dan Mullen and Company take that “NEXT STEP”.
Now, having said all that and MORE:
I wanna say something about College Football, Tua, and the overall state of the SPORT:
(1) Tua is just a great kid, a HELL of a player and a good young man no matter how you look and watch the aftermath of his misfortune.
(2) No matter what you say or think about who was playing when out there etc etc this is hardly the place to begin arguing the point...
(3) As for the various larger practical:financial/political points that are raised—well, on the one hand I STILL think this is an inappropriate point to make those arguments, or even argue them, here—but once that “sealed box” IS OPEN, then I too return among those who say these kids need to be PROTECTED financially; With the hundreds of thousands and MORE THAT ARE ALREADY MADE on their names, likenesses etc, he shoulda already been accruing a nice little “nest egg” no matter what career moves may have eventually ensued; Hey, just check either any basic “tort law” course, and/or “marketing theory 101”. School is the perfect place for practical learning and the application of “book theory”...
This is exactly how they do things nowadays in college, too, trust me:
The day (if it isn’t here) is quickly approaching when a player will take his own name, number, position and so on—and learn how to best exploit his own success and maximize how and to what extent it PAYS OFF in real dollars for him—and earn not just money but a GRADE in pursuit of that success—it sounds funny, but it also sounds sane and fair—a whole LOT of questions will be answered—just as a lot more will be raised, I’m sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema