• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread Week 10: Florida Gators at Texas A&M Aggies 11/5/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If we can just get one more TD here before the 4th quarter, I'll feel a little better...NO lead is safe with our defense, though.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are driving again now. Get the TD to start the 4th, and maybe even this Gator D might be able to hold the lead for an SEC win ON THE ROAD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I say, ANOTHER solid 3rd quarter.
Day will come when this squad under Napier will look this way from kickoff to Victory Formation.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't help it:
I dread a collapse here so much that a part of me is finding it hard to keep watching.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn. AR had Piersal open at the goalline, but threw behind him.
Now we miss the fg.
This is what young, under-talented teams do.
LOSE games they HAD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our D FINALLY makes the big play, gets the turnover on 3rd and long.
But now they have to punt it BACK to them.
We are STILL on shaky ground--and depending on the defense.
And THAT is not good.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Please, Gators.
Show us you can get this done on pride and guts.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We will HAVE to score at LEAST one more Touchdown here to pull this out.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am SO sick 0f feeling like we'll lose when we've got a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
DAMN! Another false start. That is FIVE of them, screwing up the drive AGAIN.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
1 yard. And they blow it.
What a stupid play. Our O-line totally blew it.
If we lose this now, it will be pathetic.
I agree with going for it--but NOT what they ran to get it.
Now the D has to somehow rise up again.
Damn shame: Our OFFENSE blows it after a great game...just a terrible time to fall apart.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And the Gator D does it AGAIN. THEY shut this A&M offense DOWN here in the 4th quarter.
Did what they had to do. This one was THEIR win TOO.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Come on, guys. Get the TD, put this thing away.
After leaving so many points on the board, Montrel drives it IN--We break 40 points!
Sigh...(a SATISFIED "Sigh", for a change)
We get to actually relax and enjoy a WIN with the clock still running. No sickened "groan..." THIS time...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still: Not a good sign when this OFFENSE is leaving so many points out there--and on a day when they were MOSTLY LOOKING GOOD!
BUT the big news is that the DEFENSE came alive in the 2nd half.
I don't know if it was the flu catching up with a tired bunch in the 2nd half or what--but I won't take anything away from our defense; not after all the crap heaped on them (starting here, and RIGHTLY so) throughout the year--up until halftime today.
The numbers don't lie: This D is ranked near last in college football in a BUNCH of categories.
But today, in what had developed into an all-offense shoot-out in the first half, with one of their top-rated defenders dismissed from the team and others, mostly all but the youngest and least experienced sitting down to give the defensive team-to-BE a chance to learn and grow, they somehow pulled it together and even THRIVED in responding to their Coaches' 2nd half adjustments.
So yes: I'll give them CREDIT.
They held the lead, made it stand.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am actually looking FORWARD to Billy's post-game presser later.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For now at least, in a year when there HASN'T been a whole lot to celebrate, ENJOY this win, Gators. This one, in addition to getting an SEC win on the road, getting us one win CLOSER to what is for THIS team a particularly valuable extra-14 practices for a bowl game, is one that really DID show the kind of progress and positive movement on so many levels.
Instead of looking at it all in terms of what this team MIGHT have done, the "woulda/shoulda/coulda" story of how this season MIGHT have gone, perhaps it really is time to look AHEAD, begin to appreciate WHAT COULD BE, in seasons ahead.
All in all, a good day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema