• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread: Week 10, #6 Florida Gators 17, #8 Georgia Bulldogs 24 (Jacksonville) 11/2/19

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But for some weird reason, Coach Dan, after all the talk about “having at least 2 starters ready”, is staying with a clearly confused, even discombobulated Kyle Trask no matter HOWpoorly he performs this time under pressure. That was/IS Georgia’s game plan on defense—and Mullens has played and CONTINUES to PLAY RIGHT INTO IT!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, this is it: either we come back right now, or we are DONE—for this season!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I just threw my computer across the room. No more comments from me today. I will be taking a break from all social media until my blood pressure comes down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I still say our best chance would have been with getting Emory Jones involved before now...but here we are, heading for the 4th quarter, driving the ball as Trask finally comes around; The die is evidently cast (by Mullens himself, in sticking with Kyle THIS long)...
At this point, the Kyle Trask Story wither has one more crazy turn in it, or it is over after all; Turn the page, roll the dice, let’s see what’s gonna happen...4th and 2 and EVERYTHING riding on it...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
First down. Let’s get the TD and see what happens. TOUCHDOWN! Yes!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, if we can just play defense, we at least could come out “holding our own” here...trouble is, I don’t BELIEVE in “Moral Victories”. This one is for our FUTURE!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Face it: With that play, They basically beat the crap out of us today.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just threw my computer across the room. No more comments from me today. I will be taking a break from all social media until my blood pressure comes down.
I don’t LIKE being “teased”.
That is what these Gators do—TEASE us with “maybe’s”. Bah! We just hand them more points. We are PRETENDERS.
I truly believe that Dan Mullens does NOT have the offensive talent he needs to run the kind of program he envisions; He is going marvelous things with the slightly inferior product he’s been saddled with—but it is time he STOP trying to “sell a sow’s ear as a silk purse”, as the saying goes. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE, DAN: You are in danger otherwise of NEVER GETTING THERE, instead always “making do” with what’s on hand—and you’re great at it, but if you wanna scale the heights that This Florida Job presents for you as possible, it is time to backtrack one season and begin at least a partial rebuild of that offense. Get the guys you want and need; begin to reorganize the personnel in preparation for the FULL USE of your playbook. And btw: Emory Jones is your future at QB, Dan—NOT Kyle Trask and NOT Filipe Franks; if this game tells you anything, it is that while your team has skill and heart, it STILL doesn’t have the right QB. You are compromising that playbook of yours FAR too much already to keep stretching it to accomodate these well-meaning kids who, despite their game readiness, just are NOT quite equipped to GET IT DONE. YOU know what’s missing, and you know it’s true, Dan. No matter WHAT happens here —and that’s likely to be a close loss—“what MIGHT have been Will HAUNT YOU AFTER THIS ONE!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well...we didn’t “embarrass” ourselves, in the end—but that just isn’t ENOUGH!
See, here’s why I didn’t buy that LSU game as any kind of “moral victory”: If we are gonna be “WINNERS”, we HAVE to go for WINS!!! HOW MANY OF THESE “moral victories” can a team afford: Don’t look now, but Our TWO look to have killed our season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don’t know what to say; we did everything to lose this game in the first half; then about HALF what we needed to do to take it BACK in the SECOND half. I KNEW that last long pass was the killer when it happened: Our best chance was to nip them at the end—but all they needed was one more key first down once THAT happened.
I give Kyle Trask all kinds of props for his poise and steadfast work, hanging in and coming back regardless of the misplays and lack of support; his calm, unflappable attitude is contagious and helps to keep his teammates on an even kiel—but that isn’t enough to gather a National Championship.
No, you wanna see that, there is possibly only one QB on our squad who MIGHT deliver on the full promise of the Mullens Playbook AND his abilities as that “quarterback whisperer”—and he’s the only one we haven’t really SEEN, the one Gator QB who’s yet to GET the full benefit of Coach Dan’s attention and “mystic talents”...and meanwhile very likely the ONLY QB who may well HAVE all the skills truly required to bring it all together and make it all work.
It means backtracking a year while installing Emory in the “Number 1” role—but it’s ok because it’ll mean some rebuilding, recasting and rethinking the rest of that offense as well...
Ironically, we’ll probably win out from here and APPEAR to have improved, to be “developing”/“evolving TOWARDS” a better team; Certainly we will likely get an “even better also-ran Bowl” (for whatever THAT’S worth ) and end up with a slightly better record than last year—but if we settle for THAT, if THAT amounts to our goal, well, that’ll be all we’ll ever BE—“BEHOLD!: OUR HIGH-WATER MARK!!!”
I SAY NO!!!
I say we cannot accept it—and I doubt our COACH intends to accept it either, so get used to the idea that things will HAVE to shake up from here; We’ll begin to see the changes rest of this season, then more and MORE SO INTO SPRING, SUMMER AND ON INTO NEXT SEASON:
Chances will have to be taken, changes will have to be made...it won’t always be pretty or smooth. Not everyone ON The team will like what happens; some “favorites” will find themselves in lesser roles. “CHANGE” is always hard for some—but unless you are content with being “pretty good”, “almost good enough”, “ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE BEST”, then you, me , right ALONG WITH DAN MULLENS MUST EMBRACE THAT CHANGE.
Period. “Change is GOOD!” If you’re not the best already, it is your only hope on the way to getting there. That is what Coach Dan Mullens promised when he came here, and what he has CONTINUED to espouse ever since. You may disagree with the Who’s and the How’s, but fact of CHANGE must be embraced. I only hope he is willing to do all that he see’s fit, and that we fans have the sense to support him IMMEDIATELY and THOROUGHLY as I suspect will be required in order to TAKE that “Next Step”. As I say, I suspect it will require a bit of a controversy-producing “step back” next season before paying full and obvious dividends in the great success and victories in seasons to follow.
We KNEW we weren’t “THERE” yet, KNEW we weren’t yet among the Elite—but make no mistake: Neither was that team we faced out there today, either. They weren’t even “Better than US”!!!—they were just better than WE were TODAY (Kirby wouldn’t have been so giddy at the end if that weren’t so—and he KNEW IT—He KNEW that had we gotten the ball back one more time we woulda scored—and then beaten them somehow in overtime...we are ALREADY that kinda team: the kind that comes on late that you just can’t stop; I’ll take a relentless Gator team over a buncha arrogant “hold-on-for-dear-lifers” from Georgia ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!)
But my point remains:
We knew we weren’t “THERE” yet no matter WHAT happened today. We just wanted to move up to the NEXT LEVEL OF COMPETITION—maybe another shot at LSU, face the big bad monster from Tuscaloosa, GET TO THAT STAGE, see how FAR we REALLY HAVE TO GO!!! But we stalled early. Beat ourselves—and that’s what REALLY hurts.
So we lick our wounds, make the best of a bad situation—and hope we can still reach a handful of those “goals” even now—at the very least meet another of those bigtime competitors come New Years...but the main thing is to begin positioning ourselves for NEXT SEASON NOW, right? And to face all the ways THAT means facing, and WELCOMING, CHANGE!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The one time I wanted UGA to blow a game but didn't.
Yup—and we were just a few adjustments, a handful of capitalized verbs and nouns made REAL, from showing it ON THE FIELD.
Now we have to back track a FULL HALF YEAR TO PUT OURSELVES BACK IN THAT SAME POSITION AND MAKE POINT BEFORE MOVING ON AND THEN FINALLY ONCE AGAIN PUT OURSELVES IN POSITION TO SEIZE THE EAST!)
That’s what comes of missed opportunities: Now we have to RESET THE TABLE: go through a big chunk of showing ourselves and THE WORLD ALL OVER AGAIN that we are Ready to Rule the EAST, so that we can continue building our recognizable “Championship” TEAM-TO-BE that Mullens can confidently position for multiple runs at the FFF on an annual basis. WE HAD IT ALL SET UP TO PROVE IT YESTERDAY! In failing, we forced it into NEXT season. A waste of time and plans and manpower; now, Mullens must accomplish this in the course of NEXT year WHILE ALSO REBUILDING, repurposing and retooling his offense for the multiple runs at the FFF he has in mind for the years ahead...He didn’t WANT to be bogged down with a lot of that stuff anymore after this season—but that’s how it has got to be now. Oh, depending on how things play out rest of the way he may get some help from other teams’ play and outcomes, but the basic expectation has to be that we still need to PROVE our credentials: Are we gonna TAKE that “Next Step” or NOT??? We know that Coach Dan has plans that include “NOTHING BUT”—but until he nails them down, until this TEAM NAILS DOWN ITS “Beast of the EAST” Image once and for all it is DOWN at that level with ZERO assurance that it reliably emerges to fill the blank on that side of the dance card!, we remain at this same level, floundering—“READY”, sure, but never convincingly putting the doubts to bed, leaving the struggles there behind us once and for all—then we move up, step up to be among the “Elite” we most assuredly are NOT among as of yet. And part of getting THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN Dan Mullens’ completing his rebuild of the Gator Program. Now he somehow must do it over the balance of THIS season, the Bowl Season AND INTO RECRUITING.
It’s gonna take creative planning, fast moves, relentless travel and communications—he’ll be DANCING LIKE NEVER BEFORE, a regular DANCING FOOL!!!
I have said it before: Coach Dan MAY need a “Special Recruiting Coach”, kind of guy with the unique and charismatic skills that can get him into kids’ homes with the power, authority and convincing believability that whatever he promises he will make STICK!!! Someone with Urban Meyer-weight convincibility who’s dole carte Blanche is to deliver “5-Stars” and leave Coach Dan to make it work...tried something like it LAST year and it ALMOST WORKED—but evidently didn’t have the right guy in there: He picked the wrong kids, obviously, then he didn’t fully close. The two CARDINAL ERRORS. That’s a FAIL.
Do NOT make that mistake twice, Coach Dan: There ARE men out there who fit this bill—who know it, and know YOU know it. On the other hand, Dan Mullen will NEVER BE AN URBAN MEYER—And that’s a GOOD thing! No, this is the coming story about TWO GUYS WHO NEED EACH OTHER: Dan Mullens is a really intelligent guy who KNOWS what’s missing, when it’s missing; I am virtually CERTAIN he already KNOWS who he needs beside him; just gotta hope they can get that DONE—‘cause beyond THAT HOOKUP AWAIT Championships for YEARS TO COME!
However the rest of this season and into next plays out, that tale and how it plays out covertly underneath everything else will set the stage for everything that happens at the top of major college football the next 4 to five years at LEAST!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yup—and we were just a few adjustments, a handful of capitalized verbs and nouns made REAL, from showing it ON THE FIELD.
Now we have to back track a FULL HALF YEAR TO PUT OURSELVES BACK IN THAT SAME POSITION AND MAKE POINT BEFORE MOVING ON AND THEN FINALLY ONCE AGAIN PUT OURSELVES IN POSITION TO SEIZE THE EAST!)
That’s what comes of missed opportunities: Now we have to RESET THE TABLE: go through a big chunk of showing ourselves and THE WORLD ALL OVER AGAIN that we are Ready to Rule the EAST, so that we can continue building our recognizable “Championship” TEAM-TO-BE that Mullens can confidently position for multiple runs at the FFF on an annual basis. WE HAD IT ALL SET UP TO PROVE IT YESTERDAY! In failing, we forced it into NEXT season. A waste of time and plans and manpower; now, Mullens must accomplish this in the course of NEXT year WHILE ALSO REBUILDING, repurposing and retooling his offense for the multiple runs at the FFF he has in mind for the years ahead...He didn’t WANT to be bogged down with a lot of that stuff anymore after this season—but that’s how it has got to be now. Oh, depending on how things play out rest of the way he may get some help from other teams’ play and outcomes, but the basic expectation has to be that we still need to PROVE our credentials: Are we gonna TAKE that “Next Step” or NOT??? We know that Coach Dan has plans that include “NOTHING BUT”—but until he nails them down, until this TEAM NAILS DOWN ITS “Beast of the EAST” Image once and for all it is DOWN at that level with ZERO assurance that it reliably emerges to fill the blank on that side of the dance card!, we remain at this same level, floundering—“READY”, sure, but never convincingly putting the doubts to bed, leaving the struggles there behind us once and for all—then we move up, step up to be among the “Elite” we most assuredly are NOT among as of yet. And part of getting THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN Dan Mullens’ completing his rebuild of the Gator Program. Now he somehow must do it over the balance of THIS season, the Bowl Season AND INTO RECRUITING.
It’s gonna take creative planning, fast moves, relentless travel and communications—he’ll be DANCING LIKE NEVER BEFORE, a regular DANCING FOOL!!!
I have said it before: Coach Dan MAY need a “Special Recruiting Coach”, kind of guy with the unique and charismatic skills that can get him into kids’ homes with the power, authority and convincing believability that whatever he promises he will make STICK!!! Someone with Urban Meyer-weight convincibility who’s dole carte Blanche is to deliver “5-Stars” and leave Coach Dan to make it work...tried something like it LAST year and it ALMOST WORKED—but evidently didn’t have the right guy in there: He picked the wrong kids, obviously, then he didn’t fully close. The two CARDINAL ERRORS. That’s a FAIL.
Do NOT make that mistake twice, Coach Dan: There ARE men out there who fit this bill—who know it, and know YOU know it. On the other hand, Dan Mullen will NEVER BE AN URBAN MEYER—And that’s a GOOD thing! No, this is the coming story about TWO GUYS WHO NEED EACH OTHER: Dan Mullens is a really intelligent guy who KNOWS what’s missing, when it’s missing; I am virtually CERTAIN he already KNOWS who he needs beside him; just gotta hope they can get that DONE—‘cause beyond THAT HOOKUP AWAIT Championships for YEARS TO COME!
However the rest of this season and into next plays out, that tale and how it plays out covertly underneath everything else will set the stage for everything that happens at the top of major college football the next 4 to five years at LEAST!
Yes: I am “replying” to my OWN POST(!):
I am doing this because I THOUGHT, HOPED that one of Y’ALL would do it for me here...but no—so here goes;
Dan Mullens needs a certain “other person” beside him to go out and gather their handful of “KEY GUYS”, high-star freaks who fit the bill and will have transcendent careers both at the major college AND Pro levels IF ONLY THEY CAN HOOK UP WITH THE RIGHT COACH AY THE RIGHT SCHOOL WHO WILL USE THEM THE RIGHT WAY NOW!!!
Figure Coach Dan has a “Shopping List”—and above the list of actual PLAYERS he CB might ideally gather to the fold here OUGHT to be one MORE Position:
“Charismatic Super Recruiter”
That “charismatic super-recruiter” may or may NOT ultimately be a great coach—gathering enough of such players may well-cover-OVER potential flaws and weaknesses, may bring wins among what later may or may NOT reveal to be the seeds of eventual weakness, even descent into burnout...but for our immediate purposes, it doesn’t really matter at the start whether it is a young up’n’comer looking for a shot or someone who has shown those skills but somehow is now on the wrong end of what turned out to be a sad taleMy point above is that I believe
(1) Dan Mullens needs a “5-star whisperer”, and
(2) Coach M is smart, humble and realistic enough himself to recognize the above, the need AND the missing skill, and above all the OBSERVANT SMARTS to recognize and go out and GET someone like that beside him...
(...he found himself a Grantham, didn’t he? Come right down to it, all he needs is such a one, should he be out there, to come in here and spend maybe 3 seasons proving himself—be great if it were an extended marriage, each knowing his strengths, value and place, but even were it to be “just long enough to show what I can do” then move on with a shot somewhere desperate for “the next hot young gunslingin’ Coach”, that’s serve BOTH men similarly well...must I elaborate? I doubt any here miss my point...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema