• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread 2023 Week 12: Florida Gators at #9 Missouri Tigers 11/18/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't watch this much longer.
You all SEE it too, right?
And there it is. Free touchdown.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Yep. It was a matter of time before the defense imploded. Mizzou takes the lead, 10-7.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am done. We had one decent series. Held resulting lead for one quarter.
Over now.
I have HAD it with our Coach, my friends.
I am sorry--take away his (supposed) recruiting (which the new realities have apparently managed to actually DO), and what you have left is this: A struggling young guy of average talent and intelligence who is OUT OF HIS DEPTH.
WRITE IT OFF:
5-TO-10 MORE YEARS IN LIMBO.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just don't care to see or HEAR it anymore.
I too made too many excuses fir thus guy for too long. I am heart sick at what I am seeing--EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT I EXPECTED IT!
OK OK I'll shut up.
Just too much of the same old thing.
Again: It ain't that they're so good--IT'S THAT WE'RE SO BAD--and we lose IN SPITE OF THE TEAM: That's right, I put it directly on our Coach.

Escambia94

Gators still look like a 5-5 team facing a top-10 team.
FLAMIZ
1st Downs46
3rd down efficiency2-53-6
4th down efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards125137
Passing9130
Comp-Att8-113-8
Yards per pass8.33.8
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing34107
Rushing Attempts814
Yards per rush4.37.6
Penalties4-200-0
Turnovers00
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown00
Possession6:309:01

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gators still look like a 5-5 team facing a top-10 team.
FLAMIZ
1st Downs46
3rd down efficiency2-53-6
Total Yards125137
Passing9130
Comp-Att8-113-8
Yards per pass8.33.8
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing34107
Rushing Attempts814
Yards per rush4.37.6
Penalties4-200-0
Turnovers00
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown00
Possession6:309:01
But it didn't have to BE that way--it is their own sidelines-controlled confusion and mis-steps that has taken them out of controlling this game so far. The PLAYERS, left to themselves, have mostly performed OK today--We are NOT less-talented, that I can see. Mizzou is not so wonderfully coached, either...
WE are simply BADLY COACHED.

Escambia94

Not much to say here. Gators trail at the half, 7-13.
FLAMIZ
1st Downs88
3rd down efficiency2-65-10
Total Yards153204
Passing9556
Comp-Att11-176-13
Yards per pass5.64.3
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing58148
Rushing Attempts1321
Yards per rush4.57.0
Penalties5-202-22
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession14:5515:05

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Halftime. Time for me to finally SAY this:
I am SICK of Billy Napier.
You all know that I strongly supported him--perhaps to a FAULT...certainly for too long, I now see.
He has "built" (more like "deconstructed") a "team" I absolutely HATE watching play!
So I have now reached a point where I am READY to accept the YEARS of backtracking and RE"rebuilding" that will now be required of SOMEONE...and I have NO idea of who that will be. But it is past any practical point of calm and patient consideration.
We are a bad-performing team of talented kids, poorly organized and sloppily run.
I SWEAR: I believe a truly TALENTED COACH could take this same personal and at the very least have them playing on New Years Day...but that isn't enough at UF. We are after CHAMPIONSHIPS.
However, the idea that THIS guy will ever get us there is LUDICROUS.
I WAS holding on for the sake of the seeming recruiting skills, but now that THAT is starting to crumble, turning out to be more of the same seeming failure to adapt to the modern game's changes, it can no longer be hidden or ignored:
The man is just not UP to it.
I suppose that IF he holds most of the remaining class snd they give e hom another season, it will be in the hopes of significant TEAM improvement-with-EXPERIENCE, PLUS another decent class, that might put us in position to do something SOONER with SOME OTHER not-yet-available (but in the long run, much more qualified) Coach...that "Zook-to-Meyer" scenario!

Escambia94

But it didn't have to BE that way--it is their own sidelines-controlled confusion and mis-steps that has taken them out of controlling this game so far. The PLAYERS, left to themselves, have mostly performed OK today--We are NOT less-talented, that I can see. Mizzou is not so wonderfully coached, either...
WE are simply BADLY COACHED.
Yes and no. The players have to execute the plan. I can see the linebackers staring into the backfield as receivers run past them. I know they are not being coached to be stupid and lazy like that. I can see players tackling with their arms. I know they are not being coached to be shitty tacklers. They are getting paid to play football, so they need to get their asses out there and play. That is one reason I refuse to contribute to NIL. If I want to pay players to entertain me I will watch the NFL.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We should be winning here.
Easily.
And THAT is emblematic of everything WRONG with this "team".
As for the argument that "They are getting PAID TO PLAY--SO PLAY!"--Of course you are RIGHT...
and right THERE is exactly what is wrong with how this wholesale "change in the modern college game" has in truth completely broken apart many of what WERE the best things ABOUT the former college game.
I won't go into it all here and now, but in trying to "fix" a glaring flaw, an injustice that kept "the workers" not being properly reimbursed for their efforts on behalf of large institutions who were hugely benefitting financially BY those efforts, they have instead created something akin to the "monster" that is PROFESSIONAL football.
I am not liking what I am seeing emerge.
For the moment, though, all I can do is "vote with my eyeballs and my feet":
I will shut it off and walk away.
We KNOW how this ENDS, E--.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(Should I turn out to be wrong about this particular "ending", no one will be happier than I; I just cannot hang around through its agonizing bumps and chasms on the off chance that "THIS time it will be different"...)

Escambia94

Gators with a 1-point lead. Not getting excited yet.
FLAMIZ
1st Downs118
3rd down efficiency2-65-10
Total Yards233204
Passing14556
Comp-Att13-196-13
Yards per pass7.64.3
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing88148
Rushing Attempts1521
Yards per rush5.97.0
Penalties6-303-27
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession18:0115:05

Escambia94

Tigers retake the lead.
FLAMIZ
1st Downs1111
3rd down efficiency2-66-11
Total Yards233279
Passing145117
Comp-Att13-199-17
Yards per pass7.66.9
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing88162
Rushing Attempts1525
Yards per rush5.96.5
Penalties6-303-27
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession18:0118:06

Escambia94

Gators retake the lead, 21-20. 7:16 in the 3rd.
FLAMIZ
1st Downs1311
3rd down efficiency2-66-11
Total Yards315279
Passing183117
Comp-Att14-209-17
Yards per pass9.26.9
Interceptions thrown10
Rushing132162
Rushing Attempts1725
Yards per rush7.86.5
Penalties6-303-27
Turnovers10
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown10
Possession19:3818:06

Escambia94

Luther Burden is destroying the Gators. Kelby Collins getting called for roughing the passer. Dumb penalty.

Escambia94

Oh. Missouri is allowed to have penalties called. I almost forgot that penalties went both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema