• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Notebook: Receivers earning Brantley's trust

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Their stats don’t stand out on paper, but Florida’s receiving corps is starting to come around.

Six different receivers combined for 11 catches in Florida’s 31-17 win at Tennessee last Saturday, accounting for 133 yards and one touchdown. Though the yards and scores are far from eye-popping, coach Urban Meyer said this group is improving in areas beyond catches and yards."

More: http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100920/articles/100929953

The Zooker

VIP Member
How do you not trust your receivers? I don't think it's an important matter. You're the QB. You throw them the ball and they either catch it or they don't. The folks you have to actually trust are your linemen. You have to trust that they are sustaining their blocks so that you can feel comfortable in the line. You have to trust your RB to pick up that extra rusher if necessary. But I just don't see the need to trust your WR's. They either catch it or they don't. Either way it doesn't really affect you other than your stats.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thought For the Day

In keeping with the K.I.S.S. principle I'm sticking with a single thought-statement for the next 24 hrs.:

STRETCH THE FIELD.

I repeat: Stretch. The. Field.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sometimes it's just plain obvious, like when two receivers end up at the same spot on third-and-long...same time as the BALL arrives there, no less.
Just sayin'. (Then again, this is exactly the kind of thing that can be easily fixed with work, repetition in practice--most of all, ya gotta stay with it in this kind of offense; with a pure passer and a balanced running attack, the idea is to put the opposing defense in the position of "pick your poison", with no guarantee even then that we'll do what you THINK you're "daring" us to do.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema