• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Nick Williams dirty hit on Tebow

that was worse than what Spikes did. How did that guy get off the field without one of our guys just laying him out. Tim was not in the play at all, he wasn't even looking in his direction. Classless act no doubt.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
that was bad but I don't think it was worse then Spikes trying to gouge a players eye JMO.

I agree, an obvious penalty, but not as bad as what Spikes did.

What bugs me about what Spikes did is that what he did doesn't surprise me at all. Spikes has a huge ego...and is a very good linebacker. From punting the ball after his pick 6 against LSU last year, jawing in Moreno's face after making that huge tackle against UGA last year or constantly being a part of the "chippy" moments during games...what Spikes did was just another incident in a pattern of aggressive behavior.

I wonder how many of you would stand up for Spikes if he played for FSU or Miami.

That being said, I'm glad we have Spikes on our team and I don't think he's really a bad guy. He just makes me nervous sometimes.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

I wonder how many of you would stand up for Spikes if he played for FSU or Miami.

That being said, I'm glad we have Spikes on our team and I don't think he's really a bad guy. He just makes me nervous sometimes.

I'd hate him for being a Criminole or a Candy Cane, but I would acknowledge that linebackers are not Boy Scouts. I don't want a powder puff playing linebacker--I want a mean, surly, pompous, hard-hitting beast taking eyes, legs, heads, or whatever body parts they can.

Wanna know what makes me nervous? Not enough players and coaches are afraid of this guy. With a name like Spikes, I want QBs $#!tting in their pants when they see this man barreling at them. I want RBs to run home to momma rather than hit the hole. I want offensive coordinators circling pictures of Spikes and looking for ways to stop the guy. If he has to gouge an eyeball to get this kind of respect, then so be it. As a matter of fact, if Spikes doesn't rip out someone's eyeball at the Vandy game, I am going to call for Spikes to go play a sissier sport, like baseball.

After looking at the hit from Nick Williams I think it should have been a penalty, but good on Nicky-poo for getting away with one. It's part of the game. Nice hit. Jerk.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Wanna know what makes me nervous? Not enough players and coaches are afraid of this guy. With a name like Spikes, I want QBs $#!tting in their pants when they see this man barreling at them. I want RBs to run home to momma rather than hit the hole. I want offensive coordinators circling pictures of Spikes and looking for ways to stop the guy. If he has to gouge an eyeball to get this kind of respect, then so be it. As a matter of fact, if Spikes doesn't rip out someone's eyeball at the Vandy game, I am going to call for Spikes to go play a sissier sport, like baseball.

hahahahaha i just died laughing. and you have been qouted on a facebook post i used.

CinciGator

Gator Fan
After looking at the hit from Nick Williams I think it should have been a penalty, but good on Nicky-poo for getting away with one. It's part of the game. Nice hit. Jerk.

Where is the public outrage and clamoring to have this guy suspended for that cowardly hit? Zero, nada, nothing. The people complaining about Spikes are haters. Several players and coaches admitted that sort of thing happens all the time but doesn't get noticed. Not that I condone it but what comes around goes around.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Where is the public outrage and clamoring to have this guy suspended for that cowardly hit? Zero, nada, nothing. The people complaining about Spikes are haters. Several players and coaches admitted that sort of thing happens all the time but doesn't get noticed. Not that I condone it but what comes around goes around.

Seems it's a different story when the shoe's on the other foot and somebody delivers a cheap shot against a Gator player; there's no uproar in the media or in cyberspace. Same thing happened back in 2001 when Darnell Dockett got away with deliberately injuring Earnest Graham and attempting to do the same thing to Rex Grossman back in 2001; even though SOS was outraged, then-f$u AD Dave Hart said that Spurrier deserved to be "spanked" in spite of his legitimate beef.

Not only are the ones going overboard in complaining about Spikes haters, they're sore losers. Escambia makes a good point; hey, you can't be a wuss and play football. Still, UF seems to be the team everybody now loves to hate, so go figure.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
... Still, UF seems to be the team everybody now loves to hate, so go figure.

I don't understand why, but it's true. Now, people loved the Gators in '08. I don't know why '09 is so different. For some reason, cyberspace fans and the media seem to hate the Gators. Then again, the entire SEC is under attack this year. After we schwack 'Bama, I hope they roll over their Sugar Bowl opponent. Hopefully that will be USC or some other team that I like to hate.

Sharon4Gators

Gator Fan
I don't understand why, but it's true. Now, people loved the Gators in '08. I don't know why '09 is so different. For some reason, cyberspace fans and the media seem to hate the Gators. Then again, the entire SEC is under attack this year. After we schwack 'Bama, I hope they roll over their Sugar Bowl opponent. Hopefully that will be USC or some other team that I like to hate.

The bad calls going Gators way really made an negative impact with many people. Plus a lot of people are tired of the SEC's dominance of late.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema