• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New AP Top 25 - Florida still #4

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I thought that Florida might move up a slot after our dominating game over UT. We're only a few points behind Georgia though, so we could jump them next week if we have a big game.

AP Top 25
1. USC (62) 2-0 1,621
2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,484
3. Georgia (2) 4-0 1,475
4. Florida (1) 3-0 1,442
5. LSU 3-0 1,363
6. Missouri 4-0 1,360
7. Texas 3-0 1,174
8. Alabama 4-0 1,132
9. Wisconsin 3-0 1,091
10. Texas Tech 4-0 962
11. Brigham Young 4-0 919
12. Penn State 4-0 891
13. South Florida 4-0 798
14. Ohio State 3-1 790
15. Auburn 3-1 785
16. Wake Forest 3-0 711
17. Utah 4-0 574
18. Kansas 3-1 555
19. Boise State 3-0 363
20. Clemson 3-1 300
21. Vanderbilt 4-0 242
22. Illinois 2-1 224
23. East Carolina 3-1 201
24. TCU 4-0 117
25. Fresno State 2-1 105

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Unless we play really bad in the next two games or somebody ahead of us loses, I think we stay at #4 until the LSU game.

castawaygator

VIP Member
Go Bama!

ROLL TIDE!

i would rather have Georgia win out until they reach the gators. that would certainly give us the largest bump in the polls, if Georgia was undefeated when we beat them.
the game winner would likely be #1 or #2 until the SEC championship game.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
i would rather have Georgia win out until they reach the gators. that would certainly give us the largest bump in the polls, if Georgia was undefeated when we beat them.
the game winner would likely be #1 or #2 until the SEC championship game.

I don't believe we run the table in the SEC East. Well, I think we can, but I'm afraid we'll have one loss and that loss will be to UGA. If UGA has 2 losses by the end of the season and our only loss is to them, we'll still win the SEC East. If we can beat UGA, then yes, I'd love for them to be undefeated by the time we play them.

I just want to win the SEC and/or play in a BCS game. I don't think we're capable of beating Missouri or USC right now. Maybe we'll get better later in the season and USC, OU, or Missouri will show some more weaknesses, but for now...I think we truly are only the #3 or #4 team in the country.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I don't believe we run the table in the SEC East. Well, I think we can, but I'm afraid we'll have one loss and that loss will be to UGA. If UGA has 2 losses by the end of the season and our only loss is to them, we'll still win the SEC East. If we can beat UGA, then yes, I'd love for them to be undefeated by the time we play them.

I just want to win the SEC and/or play in a BCS game. I don't think we're capable of beating Missouri or USC right now. Maybe we'll get better later in the season and USC, OU, or Missouri will show some more weaknesses, but for now...I think we truly are only the #3 or #4 team in the country.

Agreed except for the UGA game; that will come down to careful scouting and pre-game preparation. Our kids will be out to avenge that loss, and with the new attitude on this year's team I don't see us committing all the mistakes we did last year.

I'd like to see us jump UGA; it could happen with us beating Ole Miss and their losing to Bama but then again Bama is a ranked team which could carry more weight in the polls should that happen.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Agreed except for the UGA game; that will come down to careful scouting and pre-game preparation. Our kids will be out to avenge that loss, and with the new attitude on this year's team I don't see us committing all the mistakes we did last year.

I'd like to see us jump UGA; it could happen with us beating Ole Miss and their losing to Bama but then again Bama is a ranked team which could carry more weight in the polls should that happen.

Yeah, if we crush Ole Miss and UGA loses to Alabama (assuming it's not a double OT loss), then I would assume we jump UGA in the polls.

GoGators15

Gator Fan

I have to disagree. Granted, Georgia and LSU are going to be tough games, I think that if we win those two games then we will be a lock for the SEC title game and we all know how well prepared an Urban Meyer coached team is; plus I don't think any team can keep up with us on turf.

But I do agree with you on your second statement. I see us winning the SEC and playing in a BCS game. But the way our defense has played leads me to believe that we can run the table until the NC.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I have to disagree. Granted, Georgia and LSU are going to be tough games, I think that if we win those two games then we will be a lock for the SEC title game and we all know how well prepared an Urban Meyer coached team is; plus I don't think any team can keep up with us on turf.

But I do agree with you on your second statement. I see us winning the SEC and playing in a BCS game. But the way our defense has played leads me to believe that we can run the table until the NC.

Of course, but beating both LSU and UGA will not be easy, as so far, I think it's a strong possibility to lose one of those games. I think we can win both, but I'm not that sure.

GoGators15

Gator Fan
Of course, but beating both LSU and UGA will not be easy, as so far, I think it's a strong possibility to lose one of those games. I think we can win both, but I'm not that sure.

I know what you are saying. Honestly, I think the Georgia game is going to be tough, I'll be upset but not totally surprised if we lose. However, I will be disappointed if we lose to LSU. A first year starter coming into the swamp against and aggressive Gator defense doesn't mix well.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I know what you are saying. Honestly, I think the Georgia game is going to be tough, I'll be upset but not totally surprised if we lose. However, I will be disappointed if we lose to LSU. A first year starter coming into the swamp against and aggressive Gator defense doesn't mix well.

Yeah, I think we have a much better chance at beating LSU than beating UGA...I've always thought Les Miles was an overrated coach.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
We should be the #2 team in the country right now... USC has #1 locked up with the win over and overrated Ohio State team, but right now USC is losing to Oregon State in the 4th

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema