• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

National Signing Day

JvilleJohnny

When a coach says that they want to offer you a preferred walk on spot, they are saying that they will eventually have a spot for you on the roster when school gets underway in the fall. You have been given the green light to at least be on the team during the first year and be a part of practice.

Compared to a walk on..A walk on is in a much tougher situation. Colleges have football tryouts to see if you can make the team. If you are a walk on, you will be going to those tryouts to see if you are good enough to practice with the big boys throughout the entire year. You basically have a tryout to be able to be a preferred walk on.

If I'm not mistaken, all players have the ability to earn a scholarship, as determined by the head coach or AD.

mjfan23

VIP Member
Preferred walk on simply means they are not on scholarship but they have a spot on the team. Kid from my H/S got a full ride to OSU on baseball but was a "preferred walk on" for football.

manasia

Gator Fan
Oh My goodness the D Line looks CRAZY!!!! (I got to pinch myself) if these guys play up to their potential just fill in the blank here ______________________

I am ready to see The Brantley Era, he has enough weapons at the WR with this class, and the RB's look good too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema