• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Muschamp's 1st mission

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Agreed. It will be tough to do in '11, but it should be a priority to take back the Swamp.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Simple enough: Shut Down Defense and "hang a half a hundred on 'em"...
Of course, there will necessarily be some period of acquisition (of players AND coaches), planning and development, practice, conditioning and finally, game-experience, before the team that can do this on a weekly basis will exist. A lot of time and effort (and God knows how many ups, downs and false starts) between here and there. As the saying goes, the devil is in the details.
I hesitate to make any predictions as to how long before we dominate to the point that a team is all but beaten before they even take the field against us in the Swamp (as it was for some years until this season), but I DO believe this: MusCHOMP will WANT to reclaim that edge ASAP, and he will make that a theme among the players for home games in '11. We may not often blow them off the field yet, but with a strong defense we will find ways to win close ones.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Simple enough: Shut Down Defense and "hang a half a hundred on 'em"...
Of course, there will necessarily be some period of acquisition (of players AND coaches), planning and development, practice, conditioning and finally, game-experience, before the team that can do this on a weekly basis will exist. A lot of time and effort (and God knows how many ups, downs and false starts) between here and there. As the saying goes, the devil is in the details.
I hesitate to make any predictions as to how long before we dominate to the point that a team is all but beaten before they even take the field against us in the Swamp (as it was for some years until this season), but I DO believe this: MusCHOMP will WANT to reclaim that edge ASAP, and he will make that a theme among the players for home games in '11. We may not often blow them off the field yet, but with a strong defense we will find ways to win close ones.

It's funny that you mention acquisition, because that is what I do in the Air Force. Since we are still at the first milestone of an acquisition, I hesitate to get excited about our capabilities will be. We can't set a baseline of "half a hundred" if we don't even know what the offense will be. We can use Muschamp's old defenses as a baseline for next year's defense. We can set requirements based on what we want, but it is rather early to guess on capabilities.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, the most I'm looking for in '11 is a strong-and-getting-stronger Defense, and an Offense that doesn't LOSE games on it's own...a lot of close ones, so the record could go either way, mediocre to pretty good.
There's a story about the OLD New York Giants of the pre-Super Bowl days (ie. late 50's/early 60's), when they had a KILLER defense led by (among other Hall-of-Famers) Sam Huff, and during one late-season frozen hard-turfed game with everything on the line, as the Defense left the field Huff (the middle linebacker) said to Y.A. Title and the rest of the Offense, "Hold 'em." To some extent, that may very well be OUR formula for success next season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema