• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Miami Hurricanes vs. #5 Florida Gators Official Game Thread

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
miami.gif
vs.
gatorslogo.gif

Miami Hurricanes vs. #5 Florida Gators
Saturday, September 6, 2008 - 8:00 PM ET
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - Gainesville, FL​

GOG8RS

Gator Fan
I hope this SEC domination of the ACC continues...I don't think Randy Shannon quite has the personnel he wants/needs to match up with the Gators.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I'm concerned with UF's ability to handle Harris (I think that's the QB's name). Funaki was able to elude our defensive line pretty well...I just hope Harris doesn't have the same success.

And yes, I do understand it was garbage time against Hawaii, but still.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I think the only chance miami has to win is to run the ball and take time off the clock on long drives.

If the UF run defense can play well and force the canes to pass, I think we win big, because I don't think miami's passing game will do that much.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I think the only chance miami has to win is to run the ball and take time off the clock on long drives.

If the UF run defense can play well and force the canes to pass, I think we win big, because I don't think miami's passing game will do that much.

That's probably true, but dealing with a mobile QB and Miami's running backs may be pretty difficult. Maybe my trouble handling Miami in NCAA Football from EA Sports is clouding my judgment, hahaha.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I'm concerned with UF's ability to handle Harris (I think that's the QB's name). Funaki was able to elude our defensive line pretty well...I just hope Harris doesn't have the same success.

And yes, I do understand it was garbage time against Hawaii, but still.

Good thing Miami's gonna do the idiotic thing and start Marve for the first time.

gatorbucfan

Gator Fan
Charlie Strong will have his defense look at the film and make the corrections, and keep the DE's to hold containment and force the plays inside. They will be fine. Our offense should put enough on the scoreboard so that if they do make some mistakes we will be way ahead anyway. Its a good time for the young defense to be learning with these weaker opponents. Tennessee won't be as tough as I first thought after seeing how crappy they looked against a rebuilding UCLA squad, so we don't have a tough game for more than a month when we play LSU.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Charlie Strong will have his defense look at the film and make the corrections, and keep the DE's to hold containment and force the plays inside. They will be fine. Our offense should put enough on the scoreboard so that if they do make some mistakes we will be way ahead anyway. Its a good time for the young defense to be learning with these weaker opponents. Tennessee won't be as tough as I first thought after seeing how crappy they looked against a rebuilding UCLA squad, so we don't have a tough game for more than a month when we play LSU.

Playin Tennessee at Tennessee will still be tough. Don't just write that game off..

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I was VERY impressed with the way we played against Hawai'i; it took us a little while to "feel them out" early on but once we got going there was no stopping us. A couple of areas I have for concern after that first game: (1) the number of penalties we're accruing is still a little too high even though for the most part they were only execution calls, and (2) our run defense. Sure the latter was understandable last week since Spikes was out injured, but we need to close the gaps and not allow gains on the ground by the opponent.

This game will be intense since it's a huge rivalry, but if we play our game and stay focused it's ours to win - and a win tonight will be HUGE as we enter our SEC slate next weekend.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
To say half-time adjustments are needed would be an understatement. We absolutely should have buried miami with the start we got. We got a 3 and out, a shanked punt, a touchdown, and another miami punt, and we couldn't finish them off.

At least the defense is good, but our o-line is giving Tebow no time at all. We need to run plays in space so our speed can be used, instead of running up the middle every other play. UF better pull away soon, because the last thing we need is for miami to start really believing they can win.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
The streak is over!

No more "1985" and no more "0-6".

Great 2nd half by the Gators and although we didn't get 30, I'm very happy and impressed by how much better the team was in the 2nd half.

castawaygator

VIP Member
i am happy with the way our defense played, great job against UM. the O-line looks like a concern seeing how UM got to Tebow quickly.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am just hoping that the 'slow' start, as compared to the other top 10 teams, is just the Gators conserving energy until the end of the season.

GatorGal15

VIP Member
This game seriously had be scared and nervous. So glad they pulled it out. I wasn't expecting Miami to bring it like they did.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
To say half-time adjustments are needed would be an understatement. We absolutely should have buried miami with the start we got. We got a 3 and out, a shanked punt, a touchdown, and another miami punt, and we couldn't finish them off.

At least the defense is good, but our o-line is giving Tebow no time at all. We need to run plays in space so our speed can be used, instead of running up the middle every other play. UF better pull away soon, because the last thing we need is for miami to start really believing they can win.

It seems that we start out slow but gain momentum and finish strong as the game progresses - at least that's what I've seen after the two games we've played so far. To have held Miami to only a FG in this game should be seen as an accomplishment as well as big props to go to our defense. We still need work on getting our offense in gear to play to the capacity they're capable of, but it will get done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema