• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Maybe it was Florida that made Spurrier

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Begin with these credentials: Back-to-back losses to Vanderbilt. An uninspiring 1-4 record against Georgia. A solitary bowl victory — against Houston — in four seasons.
What scrap heap did that coaching resume come from?The one formerly known as Mount Spurrier.
A decade ago, when he roamed the sideline at Florida, Steve Spurrier was known as the most relentlessly innovative, outspoken and dominating coach in college football. He'd beat you 73-7 and make absolutely certain you understood he was having the time of his life doing it.
Today, nearly 4½ seasons into his stay at South Carolina, Spurrier is my inspiration for another topic:
Does the coach make the program or does the program make the coach? With Spurrier it's fair to wonder if Florida, and its monstrous recruiting base, made him.
More HERE..

definitely not spurrier made us great in the 90's

if it werent for him who knows how our football program would be doing right now

i garuntee you we wouldnt own UGA(16-3 since 1990 baby!)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Florida had some good teams before Spurrier was coach. Ray Graves in the 1960's, Doug Dickey in the 1970's, and Pell in the first half of the 1980's. Problem was well those teams couldn't pull off either against UGA, Ucheat, or the NCAA with the Pell teams. I hate when I see the hour special about the UF-UGA that the 1985 matchup cost the Gators the SEC Title. NO the NCAA ruling against Gators cost them the SEC title that year and 1984. Also I noticed the 1960 Gators were 15 points away from being undefeated http://cfreference.net/cfr/school.s?id=443&season=1960

The 1975 team as well expect much closer.

http://cfreference.net/cfr/school.s?id=443&season=1975

guess it was bad luck until Spurrier coached.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
That kinda upsets me. Whoever wrote that should take the time out to show the stats of SC for I don't know the last 15-20 years before SOS showed up. I'd say he has Carolina in a much better spot now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema