• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Macklin, Tyus shine in Portsmouth

News Bot

News Bot
Florida seniors Alex Tyus and Vernon Macklin both helped their potential NBA draft stock at the Portsmouth (Va.) Invitational.
Macklin finished third in the tournament in scoring at 19 points per game. Tyus averaged 13.7 ppg while tying for third the tournament in rebounding at 9 rebounds per game.
NBA director of scouting Ryan Blake came away impressed with both the 6-foot-10 Macklin and the 6-8 Tyus during games and workouts over the weekend.
“Tyus showed up with energy and competed hard,” Blake said. “He played a team game and you can really showcase what you can do better if you aren’t wrapped up in scoring.
“With Macklin, for me, he jumped up two folds with his ability to score in the post. I still would like to see him rebound the ball better. His footwork, his versatility in scoring has improved, especially on the left block.”
Another NBA scout who watched Macklin, speaking on the condition of anonymity, agreed with Blake’s assessment on rebounding and said he would like for Macklin to become a better free free-throw shooter.
“I feel like he should be a better rebounder given those physical tools,” the scout said. “Rebounding can pay the bills. But I think he will be a second-round draft choice.”
Asked about Tyus, the scout said: “He plays hard in and around the basket. I think he will get some (predraft) workouts. But I think his future is probably overseas.”
Blake said Tyus graded out as one of the more impressive athletes in Portsmouth. Tyus’ 34-inch vertical leap ranked second in Portsmouth behind just UTEP senior guard Randy Culpepper (34.5 inches).

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema