• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LSU vs. Alabama - who do we want to win?

sammy

VIP Member
LSU plays Alabama this weekend. I'm guessing we want an undefeated Alabama headed to the SEC Championship. But does it really matter? If LSU wins and Florida takes care of business then we'll still be in the National Championship game.

Who do you want to win?

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
It really doesn't matter. Whoever wins the SEC is in the National Title game this year, period. I would rather play LSU again because Bama and Nick Saban will be tough to beat.

with all the talk that Alabama is better than Florida, I want to see Alabama win. I want to play them in Atlanta and beat them again and show the whole country that we are still the better team just like last year.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
I would rather have LSU in the SEC championship just because there an esker opponent.....idc what other people think we can prove ourselves in the NCG...I just want Tim and the rest of the seniors to win the SEC and play for the title again......

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
LSU; our chances are better facing them in defense of our SEC title. PLus, I'd love to see Slimebaum really get bent out of shape (LOL).

Gretzky_99

Gator Fan
Rather see 'Bama win, so we can defeat them again the SEC Championship game. I want to play the strongest team, not the weaker team. Show the country who we are...

Plus, i work with a 'Bama fan.. shut him up once and for all!

I am confused, I thought I was on a gator forum. Why is that it seems people don't have the confidence that we can beat Alabama. I have 100% confidence that we can. We have the one thing that they nor anyone else in the country has, and that is Tim Tebow. I don't want the easier team in LSU I want Alabama and I want to show the country once again that we are the best team hands down. Come on guys let's show some confidence in our team.

stonythegator

Gator Fan
Frankly, I do not really think it will matter who the Gators play. I really don't think Bama or LSU will really be able to pull off an upset. Bama did really really well last year. They rolled almost every opponent. This year, they have struggled with most of the teams Florida and them both have played. I think it will be about the same as last year if both teams end up playing in the SEC championship only lower scoring.

As for LSU, I'm pretty sure they do not have what it takes. I could be wrong. LSU has found ways in the past to upset teams that were on a roll.

I think as long as Florida keeps up what they did in the GA game, they'll be fine. You heard what they said. They said they had become to predictible. What did they do last game? They switched it up and started running wildly different plays. When that started happening, GA just kept falling further and further behind.

I think they need to develope their under center game. The only reason I say that is because they are 100% in the redzone from under center so far. Why not utilize that some more? I think that would throw both Bama and LSU.

My opinion, is that no matter what they decide, or who they play, I see the Gators going into another NC win this year. I say this because from every game I've seen this year from the top contenders, nobody has played a game that could outmatch what the Gators have done thus far. I'm talking about our most likely matchup.......Texas and Florida. I don't see the Gators leaving without another championship trophy in either the SEC or the nation.

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
I am confused, I thought I was on a gator forum. Why is that it seems people don't have the confidence that we can beat Alabama. I have 100% confidence that we can. We have the one thing that they nor anyone else in the country has, and that is Tim Tebow. I don't want the easier team in LSU I want Alabama and I want to show the country once again that we are the best team hands down. Come on guys let's show some confidence in our team.

I'm not saying I'm not confident...what I am saying is I rather play LSU just becuase they are easier and would give us the best chance to win...Alabama is Very beatable...and our team would lock there qb down limiting them to the run which we could also stop quite easily....idc either way but LSU would be easier....

stonythegator

Gator Fan
agreed. I know LSU would be the easier matchup. Taking away that chance at playing a winnable, but tough game with Bama would hurt though. I have last year's game still on my DVR. I watch it at least twice a month. I'd like to see that again.

OldCityGator

Gator Fan
I want to play Bama. We've beaten LSU already. I want an undefeated Bama in the SEC Championship game.

It wont be an easy game, but any championship worth having should be played against the toughest competition.

Just my 2 cents. :)

OldCityGator

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Bama. As much as I want to beat LSU twice, historically these kind of games don't go the same way twice. Think of UF-FSU back in the 90s--one would often win the November game, but lose in the bowl matchup. I recall this kind of thing happening to Florida on a couple occasions in the 80s as well.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
It really doesn't matter. Whoever wins the SEC is in the National Title game this year, period. I would rather play LSU again because Bama and Nick Saban will be tough to beat.

I personally believe that even a one loss SEC champ should be in the National Title game, but there are 5 non SEC undefeated teams still out there (Texas, Iowa, Cincy, TCU, Boise St.), so a one loss SEC champ might not get into the BCS Title game over and undefeated Texas, Iowa, or Cincy (but should get in over TCU & Boise St.)

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I personally believe that even a one loss SEC champ should be in the National Title game, but there are 5 non SEC undefeated teams still out there (Texas, Iowa, Cincy, TCU, Boise St.), so a one loss SEC champ might not get into the BCS Title game over and undefeated Texas, Iowa, or Cincy (but should get in over TCU & Boise St.)

I think a 1-loss SEC champs would get the nod over an undefeated Iowa and Cincy. Cincy just doesnt have the wine, ad Iowa lacks impressive victories. Texas would be the only team ranked ahead of us and we would take care of them in the title game.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema