• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lorenzo Phillips will re-open recruiting

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, we have got to get guys who are committed to being Gators--too many 4- and 5-star head cases the last few years, we all see the results. Maybe one place to start is not to worry about young fools who make a "heartfelt commitment", promises that don't turn out to mean anything a few months later, when the chips are down. OK, it's disappointing, but we're trying to find the RIGHT "talented players"--in case you haven't noticed (and I don't mean this about you personally, G-villeborn, but rather everyone of us), we brought in a lot of guys with "amazing highlight" reels the last few years: no one held them to account and everything deteriorated 'til Coach came in--then some slunk away (and more continue to do so), others moved aside and are hanging on by their fingernails, and among those who ARE playing, even some of them have turned out to be "losers", players neither their coaches nor teammates can depend on. We can't afford to keep making those mistakes--they waste not only scholarships but the time, effort and faith of everyone that works for, on and with them in order to make us a team of WINNERS, worthy of our name, "The FIGHTIN' Gators".

travisduncan

Gator Fan
Update: He said Thursday night he's going to take his time with the recruiting process, take more visits...declined to say he remains committed to Florida.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Considering everything--all the pluses in the program, the coaches and their fire and NFL-experience, the facilities, the Swamp, the tradition and recent Championships, and the personal relationships, mutual promises and supposed commitments among everyone involved along the way--I am tired of worrying about the latest changes-of-heart and/or "this month's pronouncement" coming from these self-centered, over-hyped drama-queens. Refrain from making such promises in the first place: "wait and see" or "commit and get it over with", but this back-and-forth, constant craving-of-the-limelight gets old fast--and is probably a bad sign regarding the individual's deeper character.
It's clearly worth considering such things: we're currently dealing with the various consequences of a rudderless coaching staff's complete disregard the last two years of any criteria save for ratings from "recruiting experts", and the (supposed) "evidence" of players' "highlight reels".

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
DRU NOTED: probably a bad sign regarding the individual's deeper character.
You see how good of a TEAM player he is right now......Not hes from the team of ME....forget him.

Heck give me some 1,2,or 3 star players who will and can be coached. Who would be PROUD or thrilled to come here to play for us instead of were blessed for them to be on our team. Most of the time the workhorses are the ones who just love the game NOT themselves. This IS our problem. Were full up on BIG TIME NOTHINGS so what does it mean on game day ? N-O-T-H-I-N-G.....
RATINGS ARE OVER RATED TO ME. It's seems to be with us right now......

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
DRU NOTED: probably a bad sign regarding the individual's deeper character.
You see how good of a TEAM player he is right now......Not hes from the team of ME....forget him.

Heck give me some 1,2,or 3 star players who will and can be coached. Who would be PROUD or thrilled to come here to play for us instead of were blessed for them to be on our team. Most of the time the workhorses are the ones who just love the game NOT themselves. This IS our problem. Were full up on BIG TIME NOTHINGS so what does it mean on game day ? N-O-T-H-I-N-G.....
RATINGS ARE OVER RATED TO ME. It's seems to be with us right now......

To add to this I seen Josh Harvey-Clemons 2012 ESPNU 150 #23 rated player in the country get made look stupid two weeks ago by some who were just playing the game . No doubt he's good but HEART is very important when it comes to players..See for yourself

travisduncan

Gator Fan
UPDATE: Phillips has officially decommited from the Florida Gators, this is his second decommitment after deciding against Texas AM last spring.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah yeah yeah...ya'll know my thoughts on THIS kind of thing. Far as I'm concerned, we dodged a bullet, or at least a wasted pick here--maybe worse, judging by the state of our present roster and its preponderance of no-heart, look-at-my-clippings types.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema