• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Linebacker Rahim Cassell heading cross county to join the Gators

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

TenGator1

Gator Fan
I'm hearing Florida hasn't taken his commitment for now. We'll see if Cassell takes a visit to Florida in the near future and something more develops from this. It appears there was a miscommunication between the staff and Cassell for now.

Source: [email protected]/insider

AK Gator

Gator Fan
Oh geez, that's an unfortunate time to flub a communication with a recruit. I hope that the team and Cassell can get things cleared up soon and that this situation gets cleared up regardless of if he still heads to Gainesville for college. Also, there seem to be a ton of recruits who are coming from far, far out of Florida. Great effort by the recruiting staff and major kudos to the football program for having such pull throughout the entire country.

TenGator1

Gator Fan
Three-star linebacker Rahim Cassell (Lakewood, CA) committed to the Florida Gators on Thursday, but a conflicting report states that Florida is hesitant to officially accept his commitment.

“I’m stoked,” Cassell told Chris Hays of the Orlando Sentinel about his decision. “They were my first choice all along, them and Oregon, but I was more leaning toward Florida all along.”

Cassell said that he committed to tight ends coach Brian White over the phone and expected to speak with the remainder of the coaching staff – including head coach Urban Meyer – Thursday evening. He has yet to visit Gainesville, FL, and will notuntil Friday Night Lights camp at the end of July.

more on this @............

http://www.onlygators.com/06/25/2010/is-lb-cassell-the-gators-ninth-2011-commit/

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I sincerely hope that the UF recruiters find out that he is already turning down other teams and are able to let him know exactly where the team stands in regards to accepting his commitment. I know it isn't their fault that he is doing this, but once they find out how he is acting I hope they can salvage their reputation before this gets ugly.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I only hope that his commitment will be accpeted by the UF staff; it doesn't look good for a major media outlet such as ESPN to be putting the cart before the horse.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I'm with you. Giving a sports media with hardly anything to actually talk about a story about a big time program "jerking a high school student around", it could get ugly. Especially with the program being UF. Whatever the outcome, I hope all parties handle themselves properly.

AK Gator

Gator Fan
It's nice to see that he is staying grounded yet optimistic through all of this. Hopefully he'll get his visit scheduled and he'll be something that the Gators are looking for on defense.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema