• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leak jealous of Tebow

awebbf5

VIP Member
I read the thread earlier about leak on one of radio sports show's,and everyone was talking that they thought leak was jealous of Tebow.I always thought leak was jealous of tebow.When tebow came in and got the crowd into the game and would score leak would have a look of no enthusiasm on his face,when he could be supporting and cheering his teammate, he was always signaling for them to hurry off the field when Tebow would come in and get us a score.I always thought leak came off sorda arrogant the way he talked and never really gave Tebow much credit.I was just interested to see what everyone else thought,Im glad leak brought us a natl championship,but he never lived up to his hype.

nismodrift

VIP Member
I can see why he was jealous, for someone who everyone doubted and rather wanted Tebow to play over him, and then Tebow getting some playing time and getting most of the spotlight. . .but anyways Leak did what he did, he wins games, titles especially does good enough doesn't need flashy stats. . .but Tebow has made me happy this season only didn't do good enough 1 game the rest was all defenses faults. Leak also won most of his games cuz he got lucky with the good D and sometimes Tebow won them for him and let's not forget Tebow pretty much won the national title for us scoring the same amount of points OSU scored, 14. . .

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I'll keep it short yet sweet...of course Leak was a little jealous of Tebow, who wouldn't be when a senior quarterback gets snaps taken away by a freshman us Gator fans already before he stepped on the field worshiped. To be jealous of a guy stealing your spot light and a guy that the fans WANT to play more than you is only natural. But through it all, I thought Leak handled it fairly well and with class. Whether he lived up to the hype or not is irrelevant, because he did win us a National Title as the starting Quarterback, even if we did need to Tebow to win it.:)

Swampman

VIP Member
Leak and Tebow are two completely opposite players. Leak was always a shy kid. He never spoke out in the media and didn't show much emotion on the field. He did his job though and won us ball games. Without Leak, the Gators wouldn't be National Champions.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Leak and Tebow are two completely opposite players. Leak was always a shy kid. He never spoke out in the media and didn't show much emotion on the field. He did his job though and won us ball games. Without Leak, the Gators wouldn't be National Champions.

Ummm....without Tebow, WE WOULDN'T BE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.:gunsmilie:

Talk about a backup. :D

awebbf5

VIP Member
amen,im glad somebody see's what im saying,and i just want everyone to know i didnt hate leak but i think ingle martin could have did just as good of job in my OPINION.if tebow would have been behind center in last years auburn game he would have shook off their d line,but i honestly believe that leak did release the ball when it was ruled a fumble.

GOG8RS

Gator Fan
First, you can't hang last year's Auburn on Leak anymore than you can hang any of our three losses on Tebow this year. The Auburn game goes to them stepping up the defensive front in the second half. There would not have been a faux fumble if their d-line had not more than overpowered our o-line in the second half. Next, Leak did not show any less emotion when Tebow scored last year than when someone else did. He is stoic. That's what we do. However, if you watch the later games (UGA, SCAR, FSU), Leak started getting really pumped, to the point that ESPN and CBS broadcasters pointed it out as uncharacteristic of him. Now, as to jealousy...I do not think he was so much jealous of Tebow as it was he was challenged by Tebow. When a senior gets booed at home because of a freshman, even though the senior is calling a good game, it will make him rise to the challenge. So, maybe if you go back and watch video from the last half of last year, Leak stepped his game up. He took hits against UGA, SCAR, and FSU that he NEVER took before. He broke off two separate 50 yd+ runs. Sure, there was probably a little jealousy since he did not pan out to be the QB that was promised out of Independence and Tebow was already living up to his name. But, I think Leak was more concerned with making himself better than being jealous of Tebow. Jealousy makes you whine, not work harder.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I expect u to take up 4 ur hometown boy,but in my opinion leak was jealous.In 20 years when you think of the best florida qb,Tebow will come to mind not leak.

preachinGator

VIP Member
First, you can't hang last year's Auburn on Leak anymore than you can hang any of our three losses on Tebow this year. The Auburn game goes to them stepping up the defensive front in the second half. There would not have been a faux fumble if their d-line had not more than overpowered our o-line in the second half. Next, Leak did not show any less emotion when Tebow scored last year than when someone else did. He is stoic. That's what we do. However, if you watch the later games (UGA, SCAR, FSU), Leak started getting really pumped, to the point that ESPN and CBS broadcasters pointed it out as uncharacteristic of him. Now, as to jealousy...I do not think he was so much jealous of Tebow as it was he was challenged by Tebow. When a senior gets booed at home because of a freshman, even though the senior is calling a good game, it will make him rise to the challenge. So, maybe if you go back and watch video from the last half of last year, Leak stepped his game up. He took hits against UGA, SCAR, and FSU that he NEVER took before. He broke off two separate 50 yd+ runs. Sure, there was probably a little jealousy since he did not pan out to be the QB that was promised out of Independence and Tebow was already living up to his name. But, I think Leak was more concerned with making himself better than being jealous of Tebow. Jealousy makes you whine, not work harder.

Wow! Someone did their homework. Good job. I agree that Leak was not jealous of Tebow. Leak played his own game and did what he knew to do.

And TEBOW was under center this year in the Auburn game. Who won???

Go GATORS!!!
Next year!

greggcowan

VIP Member
Hindsight is just that. The way I look at it, when you look at all that Leak wen't through with the coaching changes, especially when Myer came in and Leak was completely thrown out of his element....there aren't many atheletes who could have done what Chris did under those circumstances. He will always be the QB of a National Championship team, no one can ever take that away from him.

awebbf5

VIP Member
im not trying to take anything away from leak he was good,but when people say leak brought us a natl championship i think thats bullshit,our defense was the main thing in my opinion that brought us a natl champ.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
im not trying to take anything away from leak he was good,but when people say leak brought us a natl championship i think thats bullshit,our defense was the main thing in my opinion that brought us a natl champ.

Agreed. All year last year it was defense and special teams that won us games, not Leak. And this years Auburn game doesn't even compare to last years Auburn game. Or any of the losses Tebow and the Gators had. Tebow averaged 3 TD's per game in the losses. How many GAMES did Leak have 3 TD's in. That's what I thought.:no:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema