• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kestahn Moore to be opening day starter?

Swampman

VIP Member
In that ESPN article, Meyer said:

"I'm hoping Kestahn [Moore] has the kind of year he had in the spring," Meyer said. "He has to be that guy. You've also got [Emmanuel] Moody. I'm hoping we're more versatile there. I'll know more as we get closer.

That leaves me to believe he will name Moore as the opening day starter.:no:

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Yeah Moore for some reason has Meyer enamored with him. He like playing James at RB too.

I think the depth chart should be like this:

1.Chris Rainey
2.Emmanuel Moody
3.Mon Williams
4.Kestahn Moore
5.Brandon James

shandsgator8

VIP Member
If Moore can hold onto the football I'd have him as a starter.

Perhaps Moody isn't learning the spread as well as Moore.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The way I see some Gator fans talking about Kestahn Moore, it's as though he can't seem to stop fumbling - and that's far from true. If you look at his stats, he hasn't fumbled as much as they say (he only did it twice last year). Last year the one against LSU was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that bad snap he mishandled against Georgia wasn't 100% his fault as Drew Miller botched the snap to begin with. He has had some good plays in 2007 as well; he caught a beauty of a pass from Tim Tebow against the Vols over a tight defender, came very close to a TD against Vandy and scored twice in the FAU game - not to mention that he's a tough blocker. And who knows - with the new RB coach he could be a lot more productive than he has been over the last three years.

If Coach Meyer didn't have faith in Moore, he wouldn't have named him as one of the 2008 captains. He's a good student and according to Meyer is on track to graduate in December. For Moore to put up with the negativity from fans and the media as well as he has says something about how tough he really is - and I've got to give him credit for that.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Maybe Moore doesn't have a fumbling problem, but those were bad fumbles. And yes, the UGA snap wasn't all his fault.

Why else isn't he getting the ball more, you think? Maybe there are other issues Meyer had with Moore that have been resolved this spring?

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
The way I see some Gator fans talking about Kestahn Moore, it's as though he can't seem to stop fumbling - and that's far from true. If you look at his stats, he hasn't fumbled as much as they say (he only did it twice last year). Last year the one against LSU was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that bad snap he mishandled against Georgia wasn't 100% his fault as Drew Miller botched the snap to begin with. He has had some good plays in 2007 as well; he caught a beauty of a pass from Tim Tebow against the Vols over a tight defender, came very close to a TD against Vandy and scored twice in the FAU game - not to mention that he's a tough blocker. And who knows - with the new RB coach he could be a lot more productive than he has been over the last three years.

If Coach Meyer didn't have faith in Moore, he wouldn't have named him as one of the 2008 captains. He's a good student and according to Meyer is on track to graduate in December. For Moore to put up with the negativity from fans and the media as well as he has says something about how tough he really is - and I've got to give him credit for that.

The fact that you can name play for play what Moore did good last year should tell you we need to look for a new starter.

Moore is serviceable, but we need more from the RB position.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Didn't Moore fumble (not the bad snap) in the UGA game? Or was that someone else?

P.S. Does anyone know if Tebow fumbled at all last season?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The fact that you can name play for play what Moore did good last year should tell you we need to look for a new starter.

Moore is serviceable, but we need more from the RB position.

Rainey and Moody definitely add to the depth chart at the position, but I'm also inclined to think that in part the position coaching we've had there from Stan Drayton wasn't as effective as it should have been - and once he left to go to the Vols it came out that Drayton took a lot of heat from Meyer on account of it.

dohcvtecpower

Gator Fan
Moore is a good power back, but he has no breakaway speed what so ever. I think having a the compliment of rainey and moody will help out alot in his development. and meyer can you james at almost any impact position on the offensive side of the ball.

nismodrift

VIP Member
Moore is like what Wynn was last year, he was our only RB we had to deal with it, there hasn't really been a true runningback at florida for a while. anyways I feel this year with Rainey and Moody we can pull off a duo like the viking do, Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Moore is like what Wynn was last year, he was our only RB we had to deal with it, there hasn't really been a true runningback at florida for a while. anyways I feel this year with Rainey and Moody we can pull off a duo like the viking do, Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor.

Last RB I was excited about at UF was C-4! Don't forget about Mon Williams at the RB position either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema