• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Kelvin Taylor

UFtb

VIP Member
Can we start recruiting this kid or what? He's Fred Taylor's son and is tearing it up as a 14 year old!

By Jim Halley, USA TODAY
Recruiting services are beginning to notice Kelvin Taylor, but college coaches might want to wait before they woo the son of Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor — at least until Kelvin is a freshman.

Taylor, 14, is 5-11 and 200 pounds, but he's only in the eighth grade. That didn't stop the running back from making a splash for Glades Day (Belle Glade, Fla.) in the Gators' opener last week against Chaminade (Hollywood).

After senior tailback Brandon Dean went down with a knee injury, Taylor stepped in and ran for 103 yards and three touchdowns on 14 carries.

"He's got good genetics," Glades Day coach Pete Walker said. "Just because he looks the part didn't mean he had the mental makeup to play varsity football, but he does. He still has a lot to learn. He has to realize he's not going to score a touchdown every time and that sometimes, a 7-yard gain is OK."

The Gators were the 1A champions last season and have a balanced offense. But Taylor will get his chances. "With Brandon out, Kelvin is going to get the ball," Walker said. "He's a slasher and he has great vision. Of course, he's the son of an All-Pro."

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I'm all for Kelvin Taylor signing on with the Gators. I doubt Urban is allowed to visit him this early though since he's still an 8th grader.

I'm sure Freddy T will influence him and nudge him towards the orange and blue.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
There's also another Caldwell playing down here in Tampa. I'm sure Reche and Bubba are all over him to come to Florida. He's a junior now.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
He's play varsity football which is impressive, but the division rankings are different all around the country... I'm familiar with 1A being a very small school, if this is true, he needs to transfer to a bigger school later in his high school career

sammy

VIP Member
Kelvin Taylor will be attending Glades Central High just like his daddy did once he gets to High School.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
That's a Wake team that was absolutely desperate to get any kind of talent to Winston Salem. I doubt the Gators will ever be in that boat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema