• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Just Sayin'...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
FrozenGator: In the military we study the great officers. The great ones DO remember the names and stories behind all of their men. I have served under two officers that could name all 500 to 1000 of their personnel, or they knew which of the top 500 to 1000 names to remember. It is not about the Xs and Os, but the Bobbys and Joes. Make time for Bobby or Joe, and they will spend less time getting DUIs, beating up girlfriends, and skipping class.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Two points E-94, 1. Probably not much of a surprise since the top programs especially when their winning turn the other way when it comes their players studies unless they have to (just ask Cash Money Newton). Since Spurrier in SCar now I wouldn't be surprise that's what's happening there now. 2. Muschamp IS BETTER THAN ZOOK. Did Zook go to a BCS as a Gator coach? Did he finished 11-1 (EVER)? NO AND HECK NO. Don't know who to blame for the 2009 SEC title and 2010 season. I blame that coach more so for the 2010 season than the SEC 2009 title game, coaches can only do so much in a game but during a season well that's a different story.
Meant to answer you here, Lf: NOT so much because it matters anymore who to blame and/or why it is necessary, but the fact remains, only NOW are we finally in-the-process of shedding the last of the REASONS for why those events and bad seasons back there HAPPENED: the players THEMSELVES, mainly--PICKED BY MEYER, inherited by Muschamp with all of their disappointing missing-talent, motivation, self-discipline or WHATEVER...The ones who made it through CHOMP's filter of "hard-work and no bullsh*t" gave AND got something worthwhile after all here at UF. So: Plenty of "blame" to go around, but a large dollop in the hands (and hearts) of the players themselves, perhaps, yes--but the big DOUBLE SCOOP goes to our "former coach", not Zook but the much-celebrated, even-now-highly-media-approved Meyer. I believe that even accepting E-'s premise that it's too early in his regime to judge Muschamp's relative success in team-building (though the signs ARE real encouraging), we CAN do a valid "before/after" comparison, that here he CLEARLY wins out, and that this is BECAUSE of Meyer's obvious string of failures, for whatever reason, there at the end.
Yes, for what it is worth, to so many implied questions, "It WAS Meyer's fault."

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Focusing on the positive, Muschamp impresses me more and more each day. His assistants also are impressive.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Focusing on the positive, Muschamp impresses me more and more each day. His assistants also are impressive.
This has been coming up a lot lately--maybe it's the time-of-year and/or "too much time on their/our hands", but these very same questions and discussions are surfacing not just here but on a LOT of Gator sites now, especially concerning those last couple of Meyer recruiting-classes and their high-ratings-to-low-achievement quotient, with specific focus on who was in those classes and who's still around. Naturally Debose's name keeps coming up...if not for him still being here with another year of eligibility, and a SYMBOL of High-expectation/Low realization, all seeming the result of his own inner-demons and failure-to-WORK, maybe it fades as it moves into the past--But regardless of all that, it IS time to move on to the positive: This Coach and his staff DESERVE that support now, knowing full well that having established such a high standard of performance, they'll be expected to SURPASS it in 2013. This is when our NOT carping or pettily picking at every nuance of the moves they are making, but rather confidently noting and following it with optimism and support can only help the overall atmosphere and impression of a healthy program on-its-way: Again, even quantum physics suggests that, to a certain extent at LEAST, "You get the reality you envision in your expectations".
(While we're on-the-subject, a good concept to remember in these days leading up to the supposed "Dire Implications" of the Mayans on-and-around "12/21/12", Btw)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
*****PLUS, TO EVERYONE:*****(...and there IS something for everyone in this one)

Y'all need to checkout David Parker's EXCELLENT, penetrating and far-reaching overview of the Florida Program, where we're at and where we're going, over at "GATOR Country", Dec. 14, link: www.gatorcountry.com/football/article/pds_future_implications_part_iv
...All FOUR parts (3 proceeded this one) are comprehensive in the way they cover everything leading UP to this season IN DETAIL, but this one in particular really hits every point regarding what happened here this season, HOW it happened, and WHY we are "in fact already there", as it turns out--I mean, he really COVERS it, everything (for eg., Leakfan12, you will find a certain satisfaction in his passing reference to why/how we even LOST in Jacksonville, a game, like all the OTHERS in Parker's view, Muschamp and Co. had "properly schemed to win--but couldn't overcome SIX turnovers and a succession of SUSPICIOUSLY 'timely' penalties" on both our offense and defense "at key points" in the game, and ONLY on us) everyone here (myself included, of course--especially the larger view that we are about to DOMINATE once again) has raised in their own personal axes-to-grind.
So CHECK IT OUT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema