• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jordan Reed

I know it's only Vanderbilt but Jordan Reed has gone off today. Does anyone think he could take over as full time QB over Brantley. If not this year then next year for sure?? I think it's very possible. I hope Meyer realizes this and if it comes to it he get put his loyalty to Brantley and aside and think about the best for the team.

he should take over but he won't just because JB has been in waiting so long

i know the coaches cant deny what their seeing tho and thats a much better fit for our offense

I agree the loyalty is going to stay with Brantley. I could care less how long he has been waiting. He knew Tebow was there and he knew he would wait, he was given his chance and couldn't get it done. If Meyer wants to got to Atlanta this year he better think long and hard about Reed getting alot of playing time next week.

GoGators01

Gator Fan
it is only vanderbilt but he obviously needs more playing time. he provides a run/pass threat and throws a nice catchable ball. that deep throw he made was a very good throw and he hits all of the receivers in stride for the most part. burton is just a run threat and brantley is a pass threat. some of these other freshmen should get more playing time too but weve been screaming that all year and i dont want to open that can of worms.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's not just us that sees this, of course. If you've got the game feed from "SEC-Game-of-the-Week" you know the announcers are LOVING Reed--THEY have been saying the same things as us regarding Reed's "fit" in the offense, and with lines like "A star is born!", and "Take a good look--you'll be seeing a lot more of Jordon Reed", and "Urban Meyer and the offensive staff have GOT to at least give him a LOT more time in there", and so on. "This resembles Florida of the last few years..." is their overall assessment. Exactly.
I'm just afraid that y'all may be right about the whole "JB waited his turn", and the so-called "loyalty"-factor, which too often strikes me more as the "stubbornness"-factor.

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
I still stick to my belief that it would be in JB's best interest to consider transferring. He has pro potential, but will never achieve that here. I hate to see a guy with so much talent waste it.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I still stick to my belief that it would be in JB's best interest to consider transferring. He has pro potential, but will never achieve that here. I hate to see a guy with so much talent waste it.

AGREE 1,000,000,000%......very true....if they arent gonna run a pro style offense then bench him...if the arent gonna bench him then stop calling option plays...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another QB to add to the mix because they still have Trey Burton (Remember him?)

We haven't forgotten Trey--on the contrary: He's the perfect complement to Reed back there--switch 'em out or run 'em both in there and keep the opposing defenses guessing--they both have multi-dimensionality that makes this a whole different kind of offense, kind of "have your cake and eat it too". Burton himself calls Jordan Reed "a better me".
I'm telling you, with all our other playmakers (and more on the way), the multi-phased hurry-up version that Meyer appears to be evolving from his power-spread offense COULD be "lethal", to quote the Coach himself. He has the people, and he has the will; it'll just take time, experience and COACHING to see it and this team reach their full potential. But he has to keep it all moving forward, not looking back.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Next year it will be interesting. Add Jeff Driskel to the mix and who cares about Brantley? What did Chris Leak do that Brantley did not? Chris learned to run. He hated it, but he did it. No, he never gained 5 yards per rush, but his rushing numbers were positive numbers. JB's rushing average is negative 8 yards per rush now. Trey Burton has shown that he does not care how he gets the ball, so he would be okay sliding out of QB for Driskel. That means the logical fit for 2011 would be Reed as starter (or Burton if he fights for it), Burton as #2, with Driskel getting worked in as #2 when possible. In 2012, let Reed and Driskel fight it out for #1, but keep the alternating QB option open until one of them asserts the role as leader and head Gator.

Escambia94

Oh, and Brantley should just consider the NFL draft. If he transfers, nobody will want him with only one year of eligibility after sitting out, or throwing him in hoping he learned the offense in a couple months. The scouts will take pity on him for sitting behind Tebow and being forced to play in an option offense with a crappy o-line. JB would go in the 3rd round coming out this year. Maybe the 7th if his camps expose his weaknesses.

The Zooker

VIP Member
Hate to break it to you guys but Johnny is going to be our starter next season. The only question is whether Driskell gets to start in 2012 or if Reed gets the spot.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hate to break it to you guys but Johnny is going to be our starter next season. The only question is whether Driskell gets to start in 2012 or if Reed gets the spot.

Here's a switch:
"Hope you're WRONG, Zooker!"
...because what you're saying, in effect, is that our Head Coach has got his head so far up his butt that he will blindly, stubbornly ignore the stark reality right in front of him and, in a (continued) fit of self-delusional, ego-ridden "I am RIGHT"-itus (a little known--but nonetheless widespread among head coaches--sad affliction), drag this team and its fans through ANOTHER frustrating season of disappointment and unfulfilled promise.
Now, lately we've seen strong signs of an Urban Meyer who is reasserting himself, exerting more control over his team's direction and applying that "visionary offensive mind" we all remember to the problems at hand. Does that turn out to be an illusion, after all?

(If JB stays, he should be AT MOST relegated to a part in that "3-Headed-Monster"-offense, and certain other specific situations; beyond that, he'd be the No.2 QB--and THEN really "2-A", insurance in the event the No.1, say Reed, goes down. Unless he were to somehow just light things up the rest of the way, both as an athlete and a leader, he has simply not seized his "opportunity", imperfect as it may have been.)

Escambia94

Look, guys. JB has done everything the Gator Nation has asked of him and more. I don't want him to hurt his NFL chances further. He can beat out Reed in camp next year, but that will not translate to wins in actual games. If he comes back, he will be the starter--no doubt. I just don't want him to come back unless he is trying to finish a degree and is okay with being part of a three or four headed qb monster. That would hurt his college numbers, and put him at risk for injury.

if grahm harrel and tons of other QB's dont get drafted after putting up crazy numbers i doubt JB will with the garbage he put up

burton should forget about QB imo and focus TE/FB

The Zooker

VIP Member
Here's a switch:
"Hope you're WRONG, Zooker!"
...because what you're saying, in effect, is that our Head Coach has got his head so far up his butt that he will blindly, stubbornly ignore the stark reality right in front of him and, in a (continued) fit of self-delusional, ego-ridden "I am RIGHT"-itus (a little known--but nonetheless widespread among head coaches--sad affliction), drag this team and its fans through ANOTHER frustrating season of disappointment and unfulfilled promise.
Now, lately we've seen strong signs of an Urban Meyer who is reasserting himself, exerting more control over his team's direction and applying that "visionary offensive mind" we all remember to the problems at hand. Does that turn out to be an illusion, after all?

(If JB stays, he should be AT MOST relegated to a part in that "3-Headed-Monster"-offense, and certain other specific situations; beyond that, he'd be the No.2 QB--and THEN really "2-A", insurance in the event the No.1, say Reed, goes down. Unless he were to somehow just light things up the rest of the way, both as an athlete and a leader, he has simply not seized his "opportunity", imperfect as it may have been.)

There's a lot of politics involved. Lots of factors. First, JB put up sick numbers in high school. That's what gets the ball rolling. All of the following stuff doesn't matter without that. It gives him a resume to stand on. Then you have his family legacy at UF. His father played there, his uncle was a star there. But most importantly, his extended family donates A LOT of money to the school. Besides all that, he waited patiently behind Tebow for a long time. Then when he got his chance this season things haven't gone his way but not once did he blame other players or the coaching staff when we all know there is lots of blame to put on them. So in the end, it's not even up for discussion during coaching staff meetings. It's already decided that Brantley is our starter. This year and next. The only question is how many snaps he is going to share with the others. Whether you agree with the situation or not, that's just how it is. It's written in stone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema